INQUIRY

Guest Julie&Rick

Just curious, how long it takes to get the formal application after the initial inquiry has been submitted???

I know the inquiry has 3-4 weeks, but wondering if it really takes that long.

TIA,  smile.gif

13725[/snapback]

Marcelo and I submitted our inquiry application on 1/31/05, received a phone call from Abrazo on 2/2/05 stating it was received and that the full application would be sent out ASAP. I received it on 2/5/05 and sent it back on 2/7/05.

Glad to help,

Claudia

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, Mary! My husband and I just started the process back in January! We are all set to go to the March orientation weekend.

Best wishes on your journey. Keep us posted on your progress!!!

Elaine

How exciting!

I was excited with our first adopiton & just as excited dropping the inquiry for #2 in the mail. Now we are waiting on the formal application to arrive. Hang on tight for a roller coaster that will bring you joy!

Best wishes!!

• 1 year later...
We mailed our inquiry in on Friday, June 2nd!  We are so excited about his journey and hope to get an application VERY soon!  biggrin.gif

45820[/snapback]

Donna and Bart,

Welcome to Abrazo and to the forum - and congrats on getting your inquiry in! You are so right to be excited - get ready for the ride of your life! biggrin.gif

45823[/snapback]

Thanks Stephanie! I am almost through reading nearly EVERY post on this forum! lol blink.gif It is amazing the education I have gotten from this forum alone! Bart and I are now reading "The Open Adoption Experience" and thoroughly enjoying it! I guess you could say we are very goal oriented and really want as much education about the journey as possible! Ok, and I'm also spending way too much time on ebay bidding on baby stuff! tongue.gif

Thanks for the welcome!

Donna

Donna and Bart,

Welcome to the Forum! We always welcome new Members and look forward to learning more about you. Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Claudia

Donna and Bart,

We are so happy for you to start this process! Keep us filled in on your progress!

Donna and Bart,

We are so happy for you to start this process! Keep us filled in on your progress!

45834[/snapback]

Thank you so much Claudia & Mandy! I'm sure we will have MANY questions once (IF) we get an application! smile.gif (We are being very hopeful!)

Donna

Donna and Bart,

45834[/snapback]

Thank you so much Claudia & Mandy! I'm sure we will have MANY questions once (IF) we get an application! smile.gif (We are being very hopeful!)

Donna

45844[/snapback]

Donna and Bart,

Congratulations on your new voyage! I have been a part of this forum for about a month and I have loved getting to know the other Abrazo Moms. You will get your application soon. tongue.gif We are working on our application now. I was also very anxious to get mine.

Keep us posted!

Heather

Well, it has been one week since we mailed the initial inquiry and I noticed on my online banking statement that the Abrazo processing fee cleared my account! WOO HOO!!! biggrin.gif I am taking this as a big positive sign that an application is on the way! (I know, it doesn't take much to excite me!) We have our first meeting with a therpist for the homestudy on Monday and two more scheduled for next week as well! One together, then two separate ones later that week. We have also finished two of the recommended open adoption books! This is such an exciting time in our lives and it is so wonderful to have a forum like this to learn from!

We're on our way!

Have a great weekend!

Donna smile.gif

Well, it has been one week since we mailed the initial inquiry and I noticed on my online banking statement that the Abrazo processing fee cleared my account!  WOO HOO!!!  biggrin.gif  I am taking this as a big positive sign that an application is on the way! (I know, it doesn't take much to excite me!)  We have our first meeting with a therpist for the homestudy on Monday and two more scheduled for next week as well! One together, then two separate ones later that week. We have also finished two of the recommended open adoption books!  This is such an exciting time in our lives and it is so wonderful to have a forum like this to learn from!

We're on our way!

Have a great weekend!

Donna smile.gif

46139[/snapback]

Donna,

You are well on your way! I'm so excited for you! You will be well prepared for when the big day comes.

Heather

It is exciting, isn't it Donna???!!! With every hurdle you clear you're one step closer to finding the little person you are meant to parent. smile.gif

Try to enjoy the ride...there is so much fun and anticipation to be had along the way.

Best wishes!!!

Thank you so much Heather, Elaine & Stephanie!

I was very fortunate to find a forum for infertility and pregnancy loss when we were going through the journey of TTC and having multiple miscarriages and IVF and it was a life saver. As you all are well aware, sometimes you just don't have many local friends that have travelled that path and REALLY understand. So when we kept being lead in the direction of Abrazo I was so EXCITED to see that they actually have a FORUM!!!!!! This meant so much to us! Support means everything to us in this journey and I hope to be able to be of support to everyone else as well!

Happy Saturday!

Donna biggrin.gif

Donna,

We are all here for each other for the good, the bad and the ugly!!! Welcome and get ready for the ride of your life. It has as many ups and downs as infertility but has an awsome out come that is worth the ride. laugh.gif Good Luck

Jan

Welcome to Abrazo! You found a good place. I love the forum too (even if I dont post as much as I should....I do read it every day). I am Jan and Gregs birthmom and the forum is a good place to keep in touch when we don t have time to make phone calls (Hi Jan!).

So hold on tight because Abrazo works fast and you will be holding your new baby before you know it.

WELCOME DONNA AND BART,

YOU'VE PICKED A GREAT AGENCY TO WORK WITH. WE'VE ADOPTED 2X

THROUGH ABRAZO. NATE IS 3YRS AND CHEYENNE 3 MONTHS. MY FATHER EVEN

HAS THEIR NUMBER IN HIS WALLET. AS PART OF HIS GRANDPA'S BRAGGING SPEECH, IF ANYONE MENTIONS AN INTEREST IN THE ADOPTION PROCESS HE

GIVES IT TO THEM.

WELCOME DONNA AND BART,

YOU'VE PICKED A GREAT AGENCY TO WORK WITH. WE'VE ADOPTED 2X

THROUGH ABRAZO. NATE IS 3YRS AND CHEYENNE 3 MONTHS. MY FATHER EVEN

HAS THEIR NUMBER IN HIS WALLET. AS PART OF HIS GRANDPA'S BRAGGING SPEECH, IF ANYONE MENTIONS AN INTEREST IN THE ADOPTION PROCESS HE

GIVES IT TO THEM.

46229[/snapback]

You can't get a much better recommendation than that of a proud grandpa! Good for him! And thanks for the warm welcome! biggrin.gif

Donna

Donna and Bart -

I am excited for you two. The entire process is breath taking, exciting, tearful, and exciting again. We had so much fun just learning and reading about the adoption process, the open process, and understanding what it means to find the right match.

The good thing about Abrazo's forum is that everyone has a great story and everyone has different relationships with their BP - you can learn so much here. If you need some reading material, let me know, I think I read every book out there on what it means to go through an OPEN adoption before we even decided to follow the process.

Maybe next year we will see you at Camp Abrazo or at least at the MAMs reunion.

Welcome, Donna & Bart!!!

To celebrate the fact that you've just wrapped up your first homestudy visit, let's make this "official" by launching your very own "Joyous Journey" towards parenthood... you'll look back at that entire journal someday and marvel at how your lives (and you!) were changed in this process...

Not if? but when!!

Best regards, Elizabeth & the Abrazochicks smile.gif

P.S. (Feel free to rename your Journey as you like!)

Welcome, Donna & Bart!!!

To celebrate the fact that you've just wrapped up your first homestudy visit, let's make this "official" by launching your very own "Joyous Journey" towards parenthood... you'll look back at that entire journal someday and marvel at how your lives (and you!) were changed in this process...

Not if? but when!!

Best regards, Elizabeth & the Abrazochicks  smile.gif

P.S. (Feel free to rename your Journey as you like!)

46403[/snapback]

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Thanks again!

Any suggestions on what to read or watch for our quartely reports and after placement the monthly reports.

How long of a report do we have to write.

Please advise.

Linda