INQUIRY

Guest Julie&Rick

Welcome to Abrazo!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! We mailed our inquiry pre-app just yesterday! I am loving the forums...answers to so many questions...and questions I didn't even know I had if that makes any sense! :blink: ) Looking forward to finding out more. Good Luck to everyone!

Hi, Allie & Ross!

So glad you're on the forum! There's so much to learn and I can completely understand about having questions answered that you didn't even know you had yet! I found myself thinking about issues I didn't even know existed when I first got on the forum a few months ago and it's been a tremendous help to us as we spend this pre-baby time educating ourselves and thinking about different scenarios.

Can't wait to follow your journey, so keep updates coming and let us know if you have questions! :)

Hi! We mailed our inquiry pre-app just yesterday! I am loving the forums...answers to so many questions...and questions I didn't even know I had if that makes any sense! Looking forward to finding out more. Good Luck to everyone!

Welcome Allie & Ross! You have come to a place FULL of information and A LOT of support. If you have questions that you may not find the answers to on the forum, just ask. biggrin.gif

Blessings

Tracey

Hi Allison and Ross. I am so excited to see you on here. I hope you got my message via Facebook regarding our adoption experiences with Abrazo. Call me anytime for more information.

To let everyone know...I went to high school with Allison and was so excited to find out she was interested in adopting through Abrazo.

Welcome to the family!

Hi Amy,

We are in Northwest Louisiana, Shreveport to be exact. Yes, we are hoping to attend an orientation this summer at some point.

Hi Allie,

Welcome. We lived in Shreveport when we worked with Abrazo on the placement of our daughter, but we've since relocated back to the midwest. Glad you're finding this forum so informative -- feel free to jump in on any thread and add your comments/questions/perspective.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Y'all!

We got our inquiry application approved in 3 weeks and so now we are moving on the the "bigger application" packet.

We're moving right alooooong :P . Hope to meet you soon at an Orientation. Maybe end of June, beginning of July?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Y'all!

We got our inquiry application approved in 3 weeks and so now we are moving on the the "bigger application" packet.

We're moving right alooooong :P . Hope to meet you soon at an Orientation. Maybe end of June, beginning of July?

Hi Everyone!

We will be attending the June 24th Orientation and can't wait! We have always wanted to be a part of this wonderful process and are so excited to finally be 'here'. We had looked at many options but for some reason none of them seemed like the right path for us. The more we read and the more we investigated the more confused we became. Then I talked to an ABRAZO mother and everything became so clear, something just felt so right. We are very happy to have finally found ABRAZO and are looking forward to meeting everyone.

Welcome, LittleBigs! We're waiting on orientation too!

I'm a little confused because Angela told me there wasn't going to be an orientation in June, that it was going to be pushed back to July.

Welcome LittleBigs! Glad you found Abrazo and an agency that seems to fit. That's been our experience so far too.

We also will be attending the next orientation - woohoo. From my understanding the date has been moved to July and they are trying to finalize which weekend. Obviously not the last one because that is Camp Abrazo and I'm assuming not the 4th - although I think PO weekend and 4th of July in SA sounds fun.

Look forward to meeting you,

Amy and Craig

Welcome, LittleBigs! We're waiting on orientation too!

I'm a little confused because Angela told me there wasn't going to be an orientation in June, that it was going to be pushed back to July.

Erin - we must have responded at the same time! So you guys are in for July too? Fun, fun, fun. Is this your first Abrazo PO weekend?

Erin - we must have responded at the same time! So you guys are in for July too? Fun, fun, fun. Is this your first Abrazo PO weekend?

Hi Amy! Yes, we’re just crossing our fingers that it’s not the weekend of July 10-11, because that’s when Azucena’s foster mom is coming to visit... and that’s not something we can postpone, because she’s headed back to Guatemala the following week. We’re really looking forward to her visit.

This will be our first orientation too!

• 1 month later...

We are at the 2.5 weeks since mailing application......I jump everytime the phone rings!

We are at the 2.5 weeks since mailing application......I jump everytime the phone rings!

Welcome, Jim and Laura! I can easily remember back to mailing in our application! Congratulations on completing your first step in the process. Keep posting on the forum - you'll meet a bunch of friends to support you along your journey!

My abrazo babe is almost two years old and I STILL jump everytime I get a "restricted" phone call. I got a call like that Saturday and had to smile really big when my heart skipped a beat. (This time it was someone calling me about a craigslist posting.)

Holding my breath with you Jim & Laura :)

Welcome to Abrazo Jim & Laura!!!

My abrazo babe is almost two years old and I STILL jump everytime I get a "restricted" phone call. I got a call like that Saturday and had to smile really big when my heart skipped a beat. (This time it was someone calling me about a craigslist posting.)

Holding my breath with you Jim & Laura

Suzi,

That makes me laugh to hear you say that. My heart too still keeps a beat when I see "private caller" on my cell phone or home phone. I do not get them very often. But I always think "could that be Abrazo" takes me back to the time when you never went anywhere without your cell phone. biggrin.gif Welcome Jim & Laura!!!

Tracey

Private calls....I jump too!!!