INQUIRY

Guest Julie&Rick

Thankyou thats a lot of great info. Do you know who I would contact to try to find a homestudy agency? We have Texas Health and human services but I dont know who to call or are there independent agencies? So much to think about!!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Mgarcia2411, I know how excited you are just putting your papers in the mailbox. My husband and I attended the May 2008 (Stickyback) orientation. We are parents in waiting. The forum is a wonderful place of knowledge, and usually if you can't find what your looking for, just ask. This is a place of support and friends. Goodluck on your journey and I am so very happy for you getting started.

Blessings,

Tracey

Thankyou thats a lot of great info. Do you know who I would contact to try to find a homestudy agency? We have Texas Health and human services but I dont know who to call or are there independent agencies? So much to think about!!

You could ask for recommendations from other Texas familes on the forum that are in your area...maybe post the question here and/or here, and/or here.

Welcome welcome I second sue's excellent recommdations! Absolutely get going on that home study because if you come to orientation with a completed home study you're that much closer to getting phone calls. Though do make sure that your home study is done to Abrazo standards. It can often take months to get that home study done.

Welcome to the forum!!

There are independent agents/ social workers around the Tx area. That's what we used. Good Luck!

Hey everybody!! I have had a wonderful day, talked to Angela today and she recieved our inquiry and is working on getting our application out to us!! Woo-hoo!! I cant wait to get it and just go through everything and soak it all in. I really really want to get a start on our homestudy, I would like to have it done before we go to orientation. I have already started on our profile b/c I would like to take one with us to orientation too, just a rough draft of course b/c I know it will probably change a million times before we are done with it. I just have no clue how to do it, do I need to go to the scrapbook store? Im not the most crafty but I love decorating so Im up for it, its gonna be fun. My husband is the one with the creative mind so between the two of us Im sure we ill come up with something clever. But Im lost as to colors, is it okay to use different colors as far as the pages and text or should it be more serious? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

Abrazo can send a staff member anywhere in Texas for a weekend to do a homestudy for you, if you'd like... talk with Angela about this option, once you have your application in and approved.

Im not the most crafty but I love decorating so Im up for it, its gonna be fun. My husband is the one with the creative mind so between the two of us Im sure we ill come up with something clever. But Im lost as to colors, is it okay to use different colors as far as the pages and text or should it be more serious? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

I think everyone questions what this is supposed to look like. The chicks will send you some samples at some point. The colors are as you wish, the seriousness is as you wish, make it personal. The person who picks yours out of the pile will love it because of your touch.

good luck and welcome!

Lori

Im not the most crafty but I love decorating so Im up for it, its gonna be fun. My husband is the one with the creative mind so between the two of us Im sure we ill come up with something clever. But Im lost as to colors, is it okay to use different colors as far as the pages and text or should it be more serious? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

I think everyone questions what this is supposed to look like. The chicks will send you some samples at some point. The colors are as you wish, the seriousness is as you wish, make it personal. The person who picks yours out of the pile will love it because of your touch.

good luck and welcome!

Lori

I agree. Use what says "YOU" dont think about it too much :D Just be you and do what YOU like! I have found thats the best place to start!

• 2 months later...

Way to go :D

To answer my own question: they told me it's normally 2-4 weeks after sending in the inquiry form. I got the happy news that our application was mailed out yesterday though!!

• 2 months later...

Here we are. My husband and I mailed in our Inquiry a week ago and we (including my whole family) are breathlessly waiting for our (hopeful) approval and application packet. I keep looking to the forum for encouragement, comfort, knowledge and keep finding things that we haven't thought about yet. I'm looking forward to our journey towards parenthood and hope that this adventure is as seamless as it appears to be in all of your lives.

Welcome Corey and Rebecca! So glad you have found Abrazo and the forum! You are right, this forum has a wealth of info and knowledge. Please take advantage of it!!!

Congratulations on the beginning of this wonderful journey!

Welcome to Abrazo Leathers families... ;)

Appearances can certainly be deceiving. I don't think there's a family on here who's had a seamless journey (if you mean journey without bumps) but we have had wonderful and very blessed journeys. So here's to the start of yours Corey and Rebecca. We're all here to cheer you on!

Welcome leathersfamily...I went to college in Jackson, and we have lots of good folks from TN area!!!

The adoption journey is a roller coaster ride...full of highs and lows, twist and turns, and many moments that turn your stomach upside down as well as those that take your breath away. But all of us who have been blessed to adopt will tell you that we wouldn't change anything that led us to our children and taught us so much along the way.

Welcome leathersfamily!!

I live in Martin but come to Jackson to shop etc.

We adopted twice through Abrazo and we couldn't be happier. God has blessed us with two beautiful children and two equally amazing birthfamilies.

Welcome leathersfamily...I went to college in Jackson, and we have lots of good folks from TN area!!!

The adoption journey is a roller coaster ride...full of highs and lows, twist and turns, and many moments that turn your stomach upside down as well as those that take your breath away. But all of us who have been blessed to adopt will tell you that we wouldn't change anything that led us to our children and taught us so much along the way.

We second this! Welcome Welcome!! We are from Western Kentucky! You will find so much information, support and life long friends! The bumps, curves, ups and downs of this process are sooooo worth it! Can't wait to follow your journey!

Tracey