INQUIRY

Guest Julie&Rick

Ok, thank you.

H

I never received any response to my post on the last page. Could someone answer?

I'm wondering how much of a chance we'd have of getting into the full program. We are 36 and 41 and meet the three basic crieteria. We hope to adopt our foster son in the next several months. We also have a son adopted from Guatemala and we would like to adopt a fully Hispanic infant so our son is not the only non-Anglo person in our family. Our boys are currently 22mo and 16 mo and we wouldn't be starting the process until this fall when our youngest has been home for a year.

Thanks,

H

This really is a question that you need to ask Abrazo. I would give Angela a call to speak to her about your individual case. Best of luck and welcome!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abrazo told us and our social worker the same ..to wait for final homestudy update..and realize that for a BOG you will have to move quickly and ensure your local agency will do that for you. We have a firm committment from our local WI agency that they will do that and get someone to our home ASAP...hope we get such a call soon - B) !!

The way we were encouraged as againers was that if possible wait to do the homestudy update within the estimated 30 day window before placement would occur. Of course I don't know how this would work if you are faced with a BOG scenario.

There were lots of newbies on this thread within the past month...just wondering if anyone is going to be at May Orientation? ;)

Are you? We are going, but we are againers! I too am intrigued to get to know the newbies who are coming! :)

Yes! We are really excited. We are technically "againers"--our first process was just not through Abrazo. I had a feeling there were some againers who were posting on their own threads about Orientation! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Yes! We are really excited. We are technically "againers"--our first process was just not through Abrazo. I had a feeling there were some againers who were posting on their own threads about Orientation! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Yay!! It will be nice to meet you in a few short weeks!

Susan

Yes, Welcome, Welcome!!

Hello! We introduced ourselves a while back. Just wanted to check in and let you know that our inquiry is in the mail tomorrow. We are excited to take that first step. I'm happy for all of you that have your sweeties in your arms on this Mother's Day!

Take care,

Jenny G.

Welcome again, Jenny! Its always good to see another Michigander on the forum!! And especially one that lives so close to us!! :D Please let me know if there's anything we can do for you and congratulations on the mailing of your inquiry. The first step to success in becoming a family! How exciting!

Good for you Jenny and taking the first step in adoption with Abrazo. Don't forget that the price of stamps goes up tomorrow. So be sure to put the right amout of postage on your letter. :D

Jan

Hi Jan,

That was so kind of you to remind me about the postage. It feels so wonderful to have it on it's way to Texas!

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have been lurking for several months. I have a questions regarding turnaround time for the inquiry. We sent our inquiry via fed ex on April 28th and have not received a response. I know the package was received because I received confirmation from fed ex and our check cleared. Just wondering what the normal time is.

Thanks!

Monica

Hi Monica,

Welcome. I can't remember how long it takes to hear back from Abrazo. Maybe a few weeks. I know they have been busy getting ready for this weekend. You can always give them a call and ask about your inquiry.

Good luck

Jan

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a spot on this forum to show upcoming orientation dates? We sent off our inquiry almost a month ago. So we will probably hear one way or the other regarding a formal application soon. I can always give a call next week, but if anyone knows the answer already, I'd appreciate your time.

Thanks!

Jenny G.

Edited by mommyhope

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a spot on this forum to show upcoming orientation dates? We sent off our inquiry almost a month ago. So we will probably hear one way or the other regarding a formal application soon. I can always give a call next week, but if anyone knows the answer already, I'd appreciate your time.

Thanks!

Jenny G.

I haven't seen anything yet about the next one. The last was just a few weeks ago, so it will be July or August probably. Things have been busy around there, so hopefully you will hear something soon!

You can find the upcoming orientation on the calendar, usually. The next scheduled Parents of Tomorrow weekend is July 25-26, and Angela usually starts confirming applicants no sooner than one month before, since we only make orientation assignments in accordance with our placement resource needs every other month. (Fall orientation weekend dates aren't generally established until the Longhorn football schedule comes out, for some strange reason? LOL)

You can find the upcoming orientation on the calendar, usually. The next scheduled Parents of Tomorrow weekend is July 25-26, and Angela usually starts confirming applicants no sooner than one month before, since we only make orientation assignments in accordance with our placement resource needs every other month. (Fall orientation weekend dates aren't generally established until the Longhorn football schedule comes out, for some strange reason? LOL)

Thank you for the infomation. If we do get a formal application sent to us, we'll see how it goes from there! If we do not look like candidates for the program based on our inquiry, I assume we will receive a response indicating that as well. So one way or another, we'll be further along on our adoption journey sometime soon, which is exciting.

Jenny G.

Glenn just purchase his season tix for UT. Anglea could have a "tale gate" orientation or better yet a bus tour to UT Austin. Go HORNS!!! :lol:

Glenn just purchase his season tix for UT. Anglea could have a "tale gate" orientation or better yet a bus tour to UT Austin. Go HORNS!!! :lol:

I was looking at the OU site today, and noticed that ABC has already picked up the game for 11 a.m.!!!

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have been lurking for several months. I have a questions regarding turnaround time for the inquiry. We sent our inquiry via fed ex on April 28th and have not received a response. I know the package was received because I received confirmation from fed ex and our check cleared. Just wondering what the normal time is.

Thanks!

Monica

I believe for Erin and I it took about two weeks to here back. Now we are waiting to here back on our application.

Mark

Jenny G

Don't stress out about your inquiry and if you will get a formal application or not.

The journey to your child will be so exciting and yes either way you will be one step closer to Mommyhood. :)

Hang in there!

Thank you for the infomation. If we do get a formal application sent to us, we'll see how it goes from there! If we do not look like candidates for the program based on our inquiry, I assume we will receive a response indicating that as well. So one way or another, we'll be further along on our adoption journey sometime soon, which is exciting.

Jenny G.

Hi, I am new to the forum. Currently my husband and I are on the last couple of treatments for infertility. I have contacted Abrazo and received some information. We have to wait 6 months after we end treatment before we can apply. Why is that I wonder? Anyway, we have some friends that adopted through ABRAZO and have a beautiful child now. This is definately the agency that we decided to go with when we end our fertility journey (has been a long road). I am looking for any information anyone can give about this process, final expenses, how long before placement, what should we be doing during the next 6 mos while we wait to apply, etc. My husband and I are physically and emotionally exhausted from the long years of fertility treatments and are both now at peace with adopting rather than giving birth to our child. We know that there are many children that need good homes and the love that we can provide. So any information would be helpful. thanks

Pam, one of the best things you can do to see what life with Abrazo is really like is to read through the forum. There are many topics under the adoptive parents section that will knock your socks off. The road to placement isn't easy, but the end results are beautiful! There are books that you can read to understand the impact of adoption on children. You guys take some time to do some soul searching as the questions regarding what races/health issues you could work with can really impact you and your world views. (We were originally not open to any AA child and now we have two beautiful AA girls!)

Abrazo "specializes" in open adoptions and greatly supports the families in that. This forum can help you see how amazing and challenging it can be to live it out to do the best for your child.

Lastly, take this time to deal with infertility and take an emotional rest. If you are accepted into Abrazo's program have gone quickly for some, and have been a difficult journey with wonderful endings for others.