INQUIRY

Guest Julie&Rick

Erin and James,

I can only agree with the rest of these responses...

I think birthfamilies are as varied as those seeking to adopt. I've been blessed with 6 great kids (5 through adoption, 4 through Abrazo). The last adoption involved a couple parenting 6 kids and they chose me, a single mom at that, because of my family size!

Best wishes for a smooth journey!

Kris

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erin and James,

I can only agree with the rest of these responses...

I think birthfamilies are as varied as those seeking to adopt. I've been blessed with 6 great kids (5 through adoption, 4 through Abrazo). The last adoption involved a couple parenting 6 kids and they chose me, a single mom at that, because of my family size!

Best wishes for a smooth journey!

Kris

That is cool B) and good news to those with children who may wish to grow their family further through Abrazo.

I too like the way you phrased it ... "birthfamilies are as varied as those seeking to adopt". :)

Hi Kris!

I know your time is not your own... parenting 6 kids! Whew...I am in total admiration of your energy and love.

We would love to hear more from you, anytime! I know you have a wealth of information which would be so helpful to us all.

I noticed this was only your 12th post...please do keep posting.

Hugs,

Karen

This may not be good news for recent applicants OR adoptive families who've recently sent monthly reports or mailing for their children's birthparents: Mail Truck Bound for San Antonio Crashes & Burns; Thousands of Pieces of Mail Destroyed. :(

Four words: Copy and track EVERYTHING!! ;)

Julie

Thanks to all of you who responded to my question and for all of your warm wishes! We were blessed with one miracle child, but we still feel that there is at least one other child out there waiting for us. My husband was adopted, and at that time, open adoption was just a concept. Fortunately, with the assistance of his mother, he located his birthparents and developed relationships with them, so we have a very blended family! I am just excited (and nervous) about the process.

Hi Erin and James!

Welcome to Abrazo...we'd love to know more about you both. As you can see, open adoption is way more than a concept here, it's a way of life!

James, if your comfortable enough, please do share about your search and reunion with your birthfamily, because we love those journeys and the emotions that come with them. I promise you will have a captive audience, who really do understand. We know not everyone is successful in their search, so I am glad to know you were/are.

For other reunion posts, please visit under Adoptees, Coming Full Circle. You can even start your own blog, especially if you like to journal.

Erin, I admire your courage and concern, your first post worrying about if your family fits what Abrazo is looking for. I think most of us can admit we have had some of the same feelings in the beginning. Good for you for saying it and asking it.

Good luck on your journey, wherever it begins. :)

Karen

Welcome Erin and James! This is a wonderful family, ABRAZO, people really care. Can't wait to follow your journey.

Tracey

Hi Erin and James, and Sugar Family, and all the new prospective parents. Welcome to Abrazo. My husband Paul and I originally started with a local agency in MD, and we were planning to adopt from Guatemala. But as we learned more about all the problems that Guatemala was facing in terms of regulations for adoption, we decided we would try domestic. The cousin of a friend of ours, and an Abrazo mom told us about her wondeful experience. THat was the Summer of 2007. We attended orientation in November '07, and we got a call about a BOG (baby on the ground, you'll learn all this alphabet soup of terms soon ;) ) on Feburary 17. Our baby had been born the day before, and by February 19 he was in our arms.

I was just singing Abrazo's praises to a friend who came to visit me and Michael today. She sounded interested in the whole process and although she didn't say so, I think that having Mikey in her arms made her think of the amazing possibilities that a little one brings to your life.

Now, to all of you new families-- I have a package of materials that you might need when you start putting together your profile-- colored paper, some stickers, etc. I went a bit overboard when I bough the materials for ours (I literally went to 2 Targets and 2 Michael's in 2 different states :lol: ). I am glad to mail some of this materials for you to build your profile so you don't have to spend money on it. The paper is in blue hues, and I have some patterned paper. OUr profile is no longer posted on the Gallery since we're already in the post-placement phase, but trust me the colors are really cool and so is the patterned paper. So if anyone is interested, send me a PM and I'll be glad to mail you the left-over materials we have. I hope they will bring you luck like they did to us.

Hi Erin and James, and Sugar Family, and all the new prospective parents. Welcome to Abrazo. My husband Paul and I originally started with a local agency in MD, and we were planning to adopt from Guatemala. But as we learned more about all the problems that Guatemala was facing in terms of regulations for adoption, we decided we would try domestic. The cousin of a friend of ours, and an Abrazo mom told us about her wondeful experience. THat was the Summer of 2007. We attended orientation in November '07, and we got a call about a BOG (baby on the ground, you'll learn all this alphabet soup of terms soon ;) ) on Feburary 17. Our baby had been born the day before, and by February 19 he was in our arms.

I was just singing Abrazo's praises to a friend who came to visit me and Michael today. She sounded interested in the whole process and although she didn't say so, I think that having Mikey in her arms made her think of the amazing possibilities that a little one brings to your life.

Now, to all of you new families-- I have a package of materials that you might need when you start putting together your profile-- colored paper, some stickers, etc. I went a bit overboard when I bough the materials for ours (I literally went to 2 Targets and 2 Michael's in 2 different states :lol: ). I am glad to mail some of this materials for you to build your profile so you don't have to spend money on it. The paper is in blue hues, and I have some patterned paper. OUr profile is no longer posted on the Gallery since we're already in the post-placement phase, but trust me the colors are really cool and so is the patterned paper. So if anyone is interested, send me a PM and I'll be glad to mail you the left-over materials we have. I hope they will bring you luck like they did to us.

How sweet and generous of you! Hope someone takes you up on your offer! All those supplies can be expensive....especially if you are not already a scrapbooker!!

Julie

Hello!

My name is Jenny. My husband and I are in Michigan and discovering all about the wonderful world of adoption. We have experienced infertility and don't have any children yet. I have been following this forum for a while now and thought I'd post and introduce myself. We are interested in finding out a lot more about open adoption. We haven't even sent our inquiry in yet, but I wanted to say hello. I'm learning a lot from you all!

Happy Weekend! :P

J

Edited by mommyhope

Welcome Jenny! So glad you introduced yourself.

You're right, there is a lot of information, as well as support, to be gained from this Forum community. Keep reading (and posting) and good luck on your adoption journey!

Welcome Jenny! When we started the adoption process, we were not very educated about open adoption. We found the forum to be absolutely wonderful and a wealth of information! The forum is also a great support system for those who participate, as I am sure that you can tell from following the forum! The Abrazo ladies are really great -- we learned a lot at orientation, and their are truly dedicated to finding the right match for the child, birthmother, and adoptive parents. Lastly, I find peace in knowing that all of the AP's have similar stories about infertility and that we all share a common goal of embracing a child and birthmother into our families.

We hope that you consider Abrazo and send in your inquiry!

Hello!

My name is Jenny. My husband and I are in Michigan and discovering all about the wonderful world of adoption. We have experienced infertility and don't have any children yet. I have been following this forum for a while now and thought I'd post and introduce myself. We are interested in finding out a lot more about open adoption. We haven't even sent our inquiry in yet, but I wanted to say hello. I'm learning a lot from you all!

Happy Weekend! :P

J

Welcome Jenny!! Please know that we are here for you through it all -- this Forum is an amazing place and you can lean on everyone here through your adoption journey -- get ready, it is quite the ride!!

Susan

Welcome Jenny!! Please know that we are here for you through it all -- this Forum is an amazing place and you can lean on everyone here through your adoption journey -- get ready, it is quite the ride!!

Susan

Thanks for all the warm wishes! I look forward to keeping in touch.

Jenny G.

My wife just sent our inquiry in today. I have been reading this forum for a while now, and I think that all of you that post on here are just amazing people. I am actually kind of addicted to this forum. I have gained a lot of knowledge about Abrazo from this forum that I don't think I could have learned anywhere else.

Thank you everbody,

Mark

Welcome Jenny and Erin and Mark. My husband and I have just started this journey as well. We have sent in our inquiry and then our application last week. Look forward to following your journey. I too have learned so much from this Forum alone. It has opened my eyes and heart to so much more than before. I feel joy, excitement, happiness and sad for those on this forum. I'm addicted to reading about everyone's journeys and children. The forum is a "family". As someone stated before, it is nice to know that someone has been through what you have concerning infertilty.

Welcome and hope to hear more on your journey.

Tracey & Denver

My wife just sent our inquiry in today. I have been reading this forum for a while now, and I think that all of you that post on here are just amazing people. I am actually kind of addicted to this forum. I have gained a lot of knowledge about Abrazo from this forum that I don't think I could have learned anywhere else.

Thank you everbody,

Mark

Three cheers for a Daddy post BEFORE orientation - the ladies at Abrazo LOVE it when the men-folk post! :lol:

Welcome Erin and Mark - you have made it to a wonderful place.

may your journey be blessed

Thank you everbody,

Mark

Mark,

Welcome to the Forum! It's nice to have more guys posting around here :)

We look forward to getting to know you better and following you and your wife's adoption journey.

Best wishes to you both,

Adam

Welcome Erin and Mark, Tracey and Denver, and Jenny G. Abrazo is a wonderful organization and the Forum is an excellent source of information, inspiration and support. Feel free to ask any questions and contribute in any way you can to the open discussions. We look forward to following along on your journeys!

Peace,

Dan