INQUIRY

Guest Julie&Rick

We are always open to inquiries and application; the challenge is just one of timing, usually, to make sure we're not admitting more families with children than we can reasonably expect to place with in a year's time. Angela spaces the applicants out as best we can, in accordance with their placement requirements and our program needs, so certainly; send your paperwork in, so she can keep you in mind when planning for orientation weekends after the next one!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back, Mohlers!

That's great news-- and here's even better news; againers get to skip the inquiry and jump right to the application phase, because there's no need for Abrazo to "pre-screen" folks who are already family to us!

So call Angela next week, and ask her to send you an application packet (we'll mail back your inquiry fee, so you can put it towards your trip for Orientation #2!) :)

• 2 months later...

Excited and Nervous, Mailing our Adoption Inquiry today!

Best wishes to you TRACEB. I think most of us can understand those two emotions as we've been there. And the good news is, if the inquiry and application process are a good fit for you and for Abrazo, you may just find yourself as one of the newest Abrazo families Very Soon!

:)

Peace,

Adam

YAY, TRACEB!!!! I am sooo excited for you. We have got to get together!!! I enjoyed talking to ya on the phone, but I want to meet you in person.

Hope to see you soon.

Hugs,

Elaine

I think others would agree with me TraceB that your emotions are very normal. Congratulations on submitting your inquiry :)

Cathy

Welcome to the forum TRACEB, wishing you much happiness throughout your adoption journey!!!!

Thanks to everyone. Elaine is who referred me to ABRAZO. After speaking with her on the phone and her experience with Abrazo she gave me hope for my husband and I to have a family. Elaine was very

assuring of her and her husband's experience. I have been faithfully reading the forum everyday. I'm hooked. So we will keep our fingers crossed and hope we are a match for Abrazo. The forum has really helped me see the advantages to open adoption and what it actually means for the children, the parents, and the birthmother and birthfather. I will start posting instead of just reading. I can tell this is one big family. I get so excited and emotional to hear of all the matches for families in waiting.

Have a great day!

Tracey B

YAY, TRACEB!!!! I am sooo excited for you. We have got to get together!!! I enjoyed talking to ya on the phone, but I want to meet you in person.

Hope to see you soon.

Hugs,

Elaine

Elaine, I would love to get together and actually meet you in person and the girls. Just let me know when would be good for you.

Tracey B

Tracey,

I am grinning from ear to ear for you! Isn't it exciting? Abrazo's saying is it's "not if, but when" and they mean it!!!

We have plans this weekend already, but after that we are free! We would love to meet you in person too.

Lots of folks read more at the beginning and post less. Whatever works for you! The forum is a wealth of information. Soak it up. But let me say...everyone is anxious to get to know you and help answer questions you may have. So post when you feel comfortable.

Welcome! It really is like a big family.

Love,

E

p.s. Have you checked out the gallery??? What about all of those GORGEOUS kids!!!!

New Weekend sounds great. Just let me know what is best for you. As of now, there are not any plans. HOpe you have a great weekend planned. I have already checked the Gallery. I loved looking at all the

families that were brought together. The pictures are wonderful. Just let me know what is best for you next weekend.

Talk to you soon,

Tracey

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I submitted our initial inquiry a few weeks ago, so we are now anxiously awaiting a response! One of the things that I am concerned about is the fact that we already have a child. Some of the other agencies we investigated as we were making our decision indicated that we would be considered lower priority over childless couples. Based on all of the research we did (and me lurking on this forum!), Abrazo was our first choice, but I'm still worried that we will not be accepted. Am I worrying over nothing or is having children a factor?

Welcome Erin and James! And congrats on your first post!

I don't think Abrazo has a prioritized list of families. They don't operate like some agencies based on how long you've been 'waiting', how much you pay, if you are childless or not. Abrazo stirves to nuture a relationship between expectant families and adoptive families that 'belong' together. That's what's great about expectanting familes being able to choose a family that fits with them.

I think most people will tell you that childless couples statistically place quicker based on the what expectant familes are looking for, but many, many children are placed in loving homes with siblings there to welcome them home!

Best wishes to you guys! Glad to have you here! ;)

. Some of the other agencies we investigated as we were making our decision indicated that we would be considered lower priority over childless couples.

Welcome Erin and James. We had two adopted children when we came to Abrazo and we can say it works! When you find the right match. Good luck on getting an acceptance letter! :)

Heather

Welcome...inquiry application is always a first step to parenthood. ;)

Greetings.....

We had one child also adopted when we sent our inquiry in---that was Feb.

We were accepted & attended orientation in May.

Our son was born in August!

Hang in there snail mail is forever at times :). And I echo the others, your child will find you.

xoxo, Amy

I echo all the previous posts, Erin and James. Abrazo works with couples with documented infertility. They accept the number of couples into the program that they can reasonably expect to place within a 12 month period. The couple's expectations and perameters often effects the length of time from entering the program to placement and whether the relationship between the agency and couple is a good fit. Birthparents working with Abrazo often want childless, Texas families however that is not across the board. Just look at Heather's Brayden, Melissa's match, Jeanna's beautiful family, and the list goes on and on. Abrazo provides birth families with profiles that match what the both families are seeking. The birth family selects the people that they would like to speak with and then it is a matter of a feeling, a fit, a destiny. It is so much bigger than it first appears. Congratulations on recognizing what we all know and choosing to file an inquiry with the best adoption agency bar none. Good luck and keep us posted!

Hi TraceB,

You have been talking with one of the sweetest Abrazo moms. Elaine is really one of those honest down to earth people that enrich the lives of the people around her. I hope you have an opportunity to spend time with her family as you journey toward parenthood. TN has a large and active Abrazo network that would be a wonderful resource and support to you as well. Good luck and keep reading and posting!

This may not be good news for recent applicants OR adoptive families who've recently sent monthly reports or mailing for their children's birthparents: Mail Truck Bound for San Antonio Crashes & Burns; Thousands of Pieces of Mail Destroyed. :(

Welcome Erin and James!! Glad that you found Abrazo, hoping you hear more news soon (especially hoping your application wasn't on that truck)!!

YIKES!! How terrible.

Tracey

I think most people will tell you that childless couples statistically place quicker based on the what expectant familes are looking for, but many, many children are placed in loving homes with siblings there to welcome them home!

Best wishes to you guys! Glad to have you here! ;)

. Some of the other agencies we investigated as we were making our decision indicated that we would be considered lower priority over childless couples.

Welcome Erin & James.

Just as a note, I concur with Andrea's post about "statistically speaking", but I can tell you that we had one birthmother we really liked and who liked us (and one other couple) and she selected the other couple because she wanted a gaurantee that her child would have a sibling. At least that was one major point of consideration. Though it was our intent to have more than 1 child in the future, we could not gaurantee it.

But, We believe we were placed with the child God intended for us so all is good. Just a note that in some cases, birthmothers may actually want to place their child with a family w/children over a childless couple. :)

Good luck!

-A