APPLICATION

linlacor

You better bet your bottom I would but I am waiting for my stinkin 25th Birthday May 31. Who'd of ever thought that I couldn't WAIT to be older?? So I have 22 days (give and take ha ha) to send this puppy in.

With the power vested in me by Abrazo's Board of Directors, I will officially waive the agency's requirement that you be 25 years of age in order to submit your application, if it means we have a young couple with your wisdom and grace to add to our special needs program in the ten day file activation period following your attendance at next weekend's orientation!! How's that for being flexible to the needs of our clientele? ;)

Holy Moly!!! Okay so I'm freaking out right now...I have to call my dh and make sure he can get off early Friday (just so happens I am off that day...coincidence or fate? LOL). I also have to make arrangements for Cooper, though with my parents I'm sure this won't be hard. OMG Should I overnight my application?

Okay...waiting extrememly unpatiently for a return call from the hubby. HELLO?? This is WAY more important than the extremely important huge job he has to have out in an hour. GEESH! LOL

Natalie

P.s. Thank you for your compliments!!

Holy Moly!!! Okay so I'm freaking out right now...I have to call my dh and make sure he can get off early Friday (just so happens I am off that day...coincidence or fate? LOL). I also have to make arrangements for Cooper, though with my parents I'm sure this won't be hard. OMG Should I overnight my application?

Okay...waiting extrememly unpatiently for a return call from the hubby. HELLO?? This is WAY more important than the extremely important huge job he has to have out in an hour. GEESH! LOL

Natalie

P.s. Thank you for your compliments!!

CONGRATS!! What a nice early birthday present!! Now relax, take a deep breath, and get that application in!! :)

Yay Natalie!!! We hope, hope, hope that you can be at orientation next week! We cannot wait to meet you and be another set of "againers in waiting" with you...

Susan

I love that new avatar Susan!!

So sweet!

Those are her first ever "school" photos (just day care, but still)...and she is such a little "ham"! Oh dear! :blink:

Okay it's a GOOO!!! :)

My hubby laughed at me...he's so used to my "last minute" stuff. I don't know why I always tend to be that way...

Anyways, I'm sending that puppy in first thing in the morning (I KNEW I shoud have made Keith sign those papers last night), and we are off! Reservations at hotel...check! Travel...well we're driving so CHECK! Cooper Arrangements...CHECK!

Now it's figuring out what to pack...hmmm....maybe in honor of my last minute rush I should come in with my shirt inside out, jeans backward, and mismatched shoes...nah I would blend in too much with all the other mom's!! :P:P:P

Susan - that is one GREAT shool photo!! Cooper always looks mischievious in his photos...maybe it's because I can see right through his little crooked smile and gleam in his eyes.....

Natalie

This has probably been asked before, but how long does it usually take to hear whether or not a persons application has been accepted. We sent ours off about two and a half weeks ago and haven't heard much. Angela called us to make sure that July was the orientation we wanted to go to but haven't heard anything since. I guess I'm just getting antzy.

Mark

Abrazo doesn't approve any applicants for the full-service program in advance of orientation attendance, and we don't start clearing applications for orientation until roughly a month before each event... so if you told Angela you weren't able to attend the May orientation, it will probably be mid-to-late June before she begins the process of considering what kind of homes are needed for the July orientation weekend. Stay tuned!

Congratulations Natalie! How exciting!

Heather

This has probably been asked before, but how long does it usually take to hear whether or not a persons application has been accepted. We sent ours off about two and a half weeks ago and haven't heard much. Angela called us to make sure that July was the orientation we wanted to go to but haven't heard anything since. I guess I'm just getting antzy.

Mark

Mark,

Getting antzy is completely understandable. I think most if not all of us have been there in the adoptoin process at some point or another.

The date will be here before you know it. Heck, we even thought we had missed the last Orientation of the year and would have to wait a few months until the next one came forth. Then there was a suprise orientation date that popped up and with about 3 weeks notice, we were invited to Orientation and found ourselves on a plane to San Antonio! 9 months after that, we were parents!

Best wishes to you and Erin.

-Adam

So how many lucky couples will be attending this coming weekend orientation.....are you able to tell us yet?? Can't wait to welcome them all to our extended family!! And of course watch their journeys, like ours, unfold together :D !!

We are still trying to decide on if we are going to orientation (we are doing the promesa program so it's optional), I REALLY want to but the next one isn't until July...and then it's only for childless couples so who knows.

So why not send that application in and join us for orientation next weekend!?! You'll be in good company, with four other already-parenting couples, and we're just 5 hours down Interstate 35! Come on down! You'll be glad you did! ;)

Thanks everyone! We are completely stoked. Application has arrived & we are going to orientation TOMORROW! I still can't believe it. I have to bring Cooper to my mom's for the weekend...which will mean meeting her halfway three hours from here in OKC, but she is so excited to have him & he loves them.

This is actually the longest I have left him....but the good news is we'll be busy so won't have that much time to think about it. lol

Thank you everyone for your support throughout the process thus far!

Natalie

Thanks everyone! We are completely stoked. Application has arrived & we are going to orientation TOMORROW! I still can't believe it. I have to bring Cooper to my mom's for the weekend...which will mean meeting her halfway three hours from here in OKC, but she is so excited to have him & he loves them.

This is actually the longest I have left him....but the good news is we'll be busy so won't have that much time to think about it. lol

Thank you everyone for your support throughout the process thus far!

Natalie

Safe travels Natalie -- see you tomorrow!! :)

I just wanted to share my excitement. I recieved my application this weekend!! I am waiting for school to end and then I am going to dive into it!! One more reason to be excited for the school year to end!! :)

At first I thought I can finish this in one night and then I got to the end!! I want to go home and work on it now but I am at work!! :) Best of luck to anyone else completely the application right now!!

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I last posted but it has been a crazy month for me. I started taking my summer session classes a few weeks ago. I am also on a fire department and we were called to a fatality motorcycle accident and it turned out to be someone that I know. So I was kind of in the dumps for a while. But, I am feeling better so we are back into adoption stuff. We are hoping to get invited to the July orientation. Is it a good idea to get started on our homestudy now? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Mark

Is it a good idea to get started on our homestudy now? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Mark

Mark, IMO (in my opinion) it's absolutely a good idea to get going with the homestudy now.

You will want to have that milestone behind you as soon as possible. Once you attend an orientation, you cannot receive birthmother calls until you have a completed homestudy on file with Abrazo. We were fortunate in that our homestudy was complete due to a prior private adoption attempt and thus we had our first birthparent call just 3 days after leaving orientation. :)

So, I would say, yes , if you can start it now, do it :)

-Adam

It's been a while since I last posted but it has been a crazy month for me. I started taking my summer session classes a few weeks ago. I am also on a fire department and we were called to a fatality motorcycle accident and it turned out to be someone that I know. So I was kind of in the dumps for a while. But, I am feeling better so we are back into adoption stuff. We are hoping to get invited to the July orientation. Is it a good idea to get started on our homestudy now? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Mark

Mark,

Just make sure that the social worker you hire to do your homestudy is familiar with the Texas Homestudy requirements. Every state seems to be a little bit different!

Best of luck with your journey!

Thanks again,

Mark

Sorry to hear about your friend. My husband and I just went to the May Orientation. I can only say it is one life changing weekend. We learned so much and also it was wonderful to listen to everyone's stories and feel the connnection that they understand the whole infertility thing. You will feel a closeness with the couples you meet. You will laugh and shed a few tears together. And everyone tried to tell us"get some sleep" before. They were right. Goodluck on your wonderful journey your about to begin.

Blessings Erin and Mark,

Tracey

Hi Everyone,

My name is Danette and I was referred to Abrazo by former Abrazo Adoptive Parents. We are so excited to start this process. We received our application to see if we qualify for the July orientation. Our application is almost complete waiting on a few details. My question is do we need to have a home study done before we send in our application? Also do we need a homestudy done before orientation? I have read through several questions and answers on this forum and this has been very helpful. Any information that any of you can share would be much appreciated. I look forward to being apart of this forum and getting involved in this wonderful process.

Thank you,

Danette and Chris

Welcome Danette and Chris!! My husband (Denver) and I just went to the May orientation. It was WONDERFUL and Amazing. So I am by no means anTra expert on this, I have learned so much and still learning from the forum. We did not have a home study done previous. Actually we are now working on our home study and all the paperwork that is needed. Orientation will be a weekend you will never forget. Goodluck to you both and can't wait to follow your journey. The forum has a lot of information and wonderful people on it.

Tracey

Edited by TRACEB