Baby Announcements 2005

Stork Central

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How exciting!!  Did this baby VOLUNTEER to arrive a few days early?  We are very curious to know if this little guy is wearing a Blue Suede Onesie!!  Congratulations and we hope everyone is happy, healthy and well rested...

Dan and Erika

13675[/snapback]

OK Who is the lucky baby boy? We are all dying to know. Erica are you rested? We have two weeks to go. We are really getting excited. Anyone with info on this babe please let us know..... smile.gif

I know but I don't have permission to tell. tongue.gif

By process of elimination I can tell you it is not us. And it is not the Walker's because Marjory is driving to the Carolinas as I type.

We are in San Antonio...but it is another Volunteer couple who is currently cherishing every minute with their new son.

We will let them be the first to share all the details.

I know but I don't have permission to tell.  tongue.gif

By process of elimination I can tell you it is not us.  And it is not the Walker's because Marjory is driving to the Carolinas as I type.

We are in San Antonio...but it is another Volunteer couple who is currently cherishing every minute with their new son.

We will let them be the first to share all the details.

13687[/snapback]

NO FAIR!!!!

You guys are really making me wish I would have joined my parents in San Antonio this week. It would be so nice to see the couples that are there with their new child or waiting on a new child to arrive. Well, at least you narrowed it down to 2 couples now, and I have a feeling I might know who it is, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Hope to hear from the new baby boys parents soon!

Hey! I talked to Mary day before yesterday, so we know it's not them! Must be Jay and Julie . . . let us know!!

Bob is in Mobile and I'm in SC. Praying for everyone . . it's an exciting time.

Lots of love,

Marjory

Hey! I talked to Mary day before yesterday, so we know it's not them! Must be Jay and Julie . . . let us know!!

Bob is in Mobile and I'm in SC. Praying for everyone . . it's an exciting time.

Lots of love,

Marjory

13716[/snapback]

Yep it's Jay and Julie. I got an email and photos today and the baby is beautiful. I am so excited for them. Wow our group is really moving fast. Isn't it wonderful. Abrazo is the BEST agency in the world!!!! smile.gif I am praying for all of our families. Take Care and stay in touch rolleyes.gif

Three times is a charm, they say! and just three weeks after officially signing on with Abrazo, a third couple from the Dandy Dozen Storkjackers, 1/05 made the trip back to Texas (leaving their three daughters eagerly waiting back home) to embrace their new baby boy (the third little fella in three weeks, for this proud orientation group, nearly a third of the way to completion!) Three cheers, also, for his courageous birthmom, who felt a special connection with this, her thirdborn child.

May this dear trio of parents build a friendship for the future that's thrice as nice as any of them expected it to be when they first began this journey!!

Congratulations Jim & Andrea. I am so proud for yall. It was so worth the wait wasn't it. Enjoy your new little bundle of joy. Please send pictures asap. Take Care and May God Bless. smile.gif

I can not get over this "flood" of brand new little people!!! smile.gif

I am so excited for each and everyone of you!

May God bless you and your new family!

Love,

Elaine

Three times is a charm, they say! and just three weeks after officially signing on with Abrazo, a third couple from the Dandy Dozen Storkjackers, 1/05 made the trip back to Texas (leaving their three daughters eagerly waiting back home) to embrace their new baby boy (the third little fella in three weeks, for this proud orientation group, nearly a third of the way to completion!) Three cheers, also, for his courageous birthmom, who felt a special connection with this, her thirdborn child.

May this dear trio of parents build a friendship for the future that's thrice as nice as any of them expected it to be when they first began this journey!!

13759[/snapback]

After three days with our new son we are proud to report that sleep deprivation has not been overwhelming. Gavin is doing well and has already been on several outings. We have been able to spend time with our birthmother every day, continuing to build that bond. We got to experience the TEXAS SIZE country fried steak Saturday night when we had dinner with Jay, Julie and Aidan. Several people at the restaurant asked if they were twins.

And - just a question to Marjory and Bob and Kenneth and Mary, our remaining Memphis area DDSJs. Simply by coincidence, we have a trend in names going -- boy's names consisting of five letters, ending in "n." Can we keep this trend alive?? biggrin.gif

And we'd like to add our thanks to the Abrazo staff for their calm, encouragement and guidance during our roller coaster ride last week. They are the best. And for those of you waiting for deliveries or matches, don't forget three key words -- faith, patience and trust. In the midst of chaos, they will help pull you through.

Hello Andrea, I guess you guys are just on cloud nine! Thanks for the three words of encouragement, I need that right about now. Enjoy your new little one. Time passes by way to fast so enjoy every single minute. Take Care. smile.gif

Jim and Andrea,

You know we're overflowing with excitement for you .... get back here SOON!!! "Aunt" Marjory needs to hug little Gavin!! biggrin.gif

As far as the names go ..... hummmmmm.... we'll have to see about that! I will have to get to work on the 5-letter names ending in n .... gonna be a challenge with the names we've got in our family!! laugh.gif Oh, the pressure! Kenneth and Mary may have to help us out.

Andrea and Marjory,

We have been working on a name list and it is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I don't think I have any that fit this new requirement either!

We can brainstorm together.

Maybe the Memphis group can get together in a few weeks too and Marjory and I can hold these little boys!

Mary

Once upon a time, a lovely Midwestern couple came to Abrazo to adopt and found the baby girl of their dreams. They lived happily after that and became loyal Forum fans, sharing their expertise with others and honoring their birthmother by raising their daughter to love and respect her for her courageous life choices. Life was good. Yet they got the feeling that their family was not yet complete. Somewhere out there, they knew, there was another little person just meant to join their home.

They searched far and wide; still, nothing seemed to be happening for them. But it wasn't that they weren't meant to grow their family or that the garden was bare; it just wasn't yet their season... until this week, when Abrazo called to tell them their future son was here. Born. Ready. Waiting. For them.

So it was that this eager duo dropped everything to fly to San Antonio, and thus begins a beautiful new chapter in the tale of their family! (With an exciting footnote to be written in July, when they'll be joining us for Camp Abrazo, in lieu of orientation.) So come meet our latest success story then and there! and witness firsthand the miracle heaven launched this week.

Texas ain't quite paradise, but it's jest a stone's throw a way.

"With songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away." Isaiah 35:10

One newly-expanded Texas family will surely be up singing songs of joy well into the wee hours this morning, as they enjoy that special serenade of a newborn daughter who understandably still has her days and nights mixed up! They weren't expecting her, when they got up for their Saturday morning breakfast, but they soon won't be able to imagine their lives without this blessing, made possible by a birthmom whose courage was fueled by dreams of a better life for her baby.

Hugs and kisses to this, the first baby girl for the Dandy Dozen Storkjackers of 1/05! May her life be filled with song, abounding in joy, and abloom with white roses, in tribute to the gracious mother who gave her life, to the gracefilled mother who'll now teach her to live it, and to that Holy Mother, full of grace, who watches over them all.

ODE TO TODAY'S PLACEMENT

"I have a little brother, he's goofy as can be.

He drives me nuts but he's kinda cute

And he wants to be just like me!"

"I have an older brother, he's busy as a bee.

He think he's smarter 'cuz he came first

But he always looks out for me."

Friends come, friends go, yet there's nothing like a brother.

Thus to keep them together is quite a feat!

Today saw one going home with the other.

Their brave parents are busy! Here's betting their house is a zoo.

Both in diapers; one's one, one's just-born... oh my stars!

Best wishes, growing family! "Woo! Woo! Woo!"

All hail the final placement of the Woo Woo Parenthood Club of 8/04.

(What a difference six months makes!)

"With songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away."  Isaiah 35:10

One newly-expanded Texas family will surely be up singing songs of joy well into the wee hours this morning, as they enjoy that special serenade of a newborn daughter who understandably still has her days and nights mixed up! They weren't expecting her, when they got up for their Saturday morning breakfast, but they soon won't be able to imagine their lives without this blessing, made possible by a birthmom whose courage was fueled by dreams of a better life for her baby.

Hugs and kisses to this, the first baby girl for the Dandy Dozen Storkjackers of 1/05! May her life be filled with song, abounding in joy, and abloom with white roses, in tribute to the gracious mother who gave her life, to the gracefilled mother who'll now teach her to live it, and to that Holy Mother, full of grace, who watches over them all.

13933[/snapback]

Who got the first baby girl??? It wasn't us. We are still waiting. Who is it ? I can't wait to find out. Please let us know soon. We still have 4 days left.....S.Tennison laugh.gif Edited by stennison

Silly me , I should have read all of the post before I posted. Oh well. I am so happy for the Santos. God Bless all of you and your new additions. I hope everyone is planning to come to Camp Abrazo in July. We will be there and our birthmom said she wants to go too. smile.gif

Congrats to a very special couple from Austin- who now have completed our group AND done so with two (count them two) baby boys! We are so excited for you guys and would love a picture- if you are ever able to find the time!

Bobbi biggrin.gif

Elvis sang about blue suede shoes, but the Memphis couple in our office becoming first-time parents at this very moment is sure to be singing about blue-eyed baby boys, because theirs is the answer to many heartfelt prayers! No more nights at the Heartbreak Hotel for these folks, nosireebob! From two failed adoption plans before coming to Abrazo to their 11/04 participation in our Fertile Hearts orientation group, their pathway towards adoption may not have always been smooth but their destiny was certain. And we know one precious little guy who's sure to have a great ride down the road of life, with these fantastic new parents at the wheel.

Once upon a time, a lovely Midwestern couple came to Abrazo to adopt and found the baby girl of their dreams. They lived happily after that and became loyal Forum fans, sharing their expertise with others and honoring their birthmother by raising their daughter to love and respect her for her courageous life choices. Life was good. Yet they got the feeling that their family was not yet complete. Somewhere out there, they knew, there was another little person just meant to join their home.

They searched far and wide; still, nothing seemed to be happening for them. But it wasn't that they weren't meant to grow their family or that the garden was bare; it just wasn't yet their season... until this week, when Abrazo called to tell them their future son was here. Born. Ready. Waiting. For them.

So it was that this eager duo dropped everything to fly to San Antonio, and thus begins a beautiful new chapter in the tale of their family! (With an exciting footnote to be written in July, when they'll be joining us for Camp Abrazo, in lieu of orientation.) So come meet our latest success story then and there! and witness firsthand the miracle heaven launched this week.

Texas ain't quite paradise, but it's jest a stone's throw a way.

In case anyone was wondering, this is us from Wisconsin!! A miracle truly happened this week and we have Angela and Elizabeth to thank!! We have had three failed adoption plans...with another agency and we found "our way home". Congrats to all of the placements this week - holy cats - I think this is the most I have seen!

Our love goes to all parents-in-waiting - miracles do happen, you just have to believe!

Congrats Paul, Michelle and Chloe!! We are so happy for ya'll! Share more info on your newest member please. I would love a new family photo!

Congrats Paul, Michelle and Chloe!!  We are so happy for ya'll!  Share more info on your newest member please.  I would love a new family photo!

14149[/snapback]

Hi Jennifer!

I am watching your adoption story on TV right now. I have not seen it before...and am moved! Hope all is well and we will send you guys a birth announcement and a new picture. We would love some pics too! Take care!