Baby Announcements 2005

Stork Central

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Windy City of Chicago is now one person bigger!

On July 3rd, our little girl finally said eniugh is enough - time to get this show on the road. Our beautiful and courageous BP arrived at the hospital only minutes before little Miss Sarah Elizabeth made her entrance into the world!

Sarah weighed in at 7 pounds and 5 ounces. She is 18 and 1/2 inches long and has a head of thick black hair. A beautiful glow to her new baby skin makes her the most precious thing we have ever seen.

We were so blessed to have arrived in town just one day before Sarah's unscheduled arrival - allowing us just one meal with our BP before the big event.

We were further blessed to be able to spend hours bonding with our BP at the hospital as we together welcomed Sarah Elizabeth intot he world. She is so strong!

It has been a fantastic fourth of July weekend - with fireworks of our own kind!

Finally, this post would not be completw without two things:

1. Matthew is now a big borther but somehow we are certain he is still waiting for us to take Sarah back to where ever it is she came from! Boy does he have a surprise coming!

2. Our heartfelt thanks to the entire Abrazo team - what an extraordinary group of ladies that change lives every day. 15 months ago we were childless - today we are parents of two wonderful children - it is still hard for us to believe how blessed we are and how our lives have changed. We are forever grateful.

Lastly, a special thanks to Pamela who, by chance, happened to be the one who was here this week. It was so nice to share the special connection our children now have with you after the two placements you have handled.

Will post a picture just as soon as we can.

Look forward to seeing all at Camp Abrazo in just a few weeks!

Windy City,

Thanks for posting and Congratulations again. It gives the rest of us parents in waiting such hope!

Congratulations Windycity! What a great post, fireworks of your own!! Thanks for sharing your experience and we are so glad you were present. Best to your family with the newest addition! Enjoy the pink, you will have a blast!

Nita & Walker

Congrats WindyCity,

Wow 15 months apart.....ours are 21 1/2 months apart and that was a challenge. When big brother figures out she is staying....watch out.....life will get very interesting!!! Mary Alice is just about 10 months old and Nathan (2 1/2 years old) is finally learning how to play "gentle" with her.

let us know how it goes

enjoy yourselves

pkk

Congratulations!! Miracles happen at every turn don't they! Can't wait to meet you at Camp Abrazo. I think there will be lots of little babies at Camp Abrazo and oh we can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beth, Paul, Matthew, and baby Elizabeth (as if Matthew isn't a baby still),

Congratulations!!!!!! I am so happy for you. I was just saying to Jay yesterday I wonder if Beth and Paul are one bigger yet! May you enjoy Elizabeth's every cry smile.gif

We couldn't be happier for you.

JJ and of course BabyShane

• 2 weeks later...

If you heard the faint sound of voices singing today and thought it was possiblt coming from an early campfire at Camp Abrazo, it was actually the Fertile Hearts [11/04] celebrating another placement for their group, and the song went something like this:

"Old McMindens have a farm, e-i, e-i, o!

With a newborn girl, and a baby cow!

E-i, e-i, o!

With a waa-waa here, and a moo-moo there;

Here a waaaa! There a moooo!

Everywhere a waaa! Mooo!

They're finally real-live parents now!

E-i! E-i! Ohhhhh!"

Congratulations to two of our quieter Forumites, with love to your new daughter and her faithful birthmom.

YEA!!!!! We are so happy for yall. I can't wait to see your new baby girl...God is so good smile.gif :)Our precious babies will grow up together. I knew it would happen for yall. I am so glad yall chose Abrazo..... rolleyes.gif

Edited by stennison

Wonderful news!!! Congratulations on your sweet baby girl. Enjoy every moment!!! smile.gif

Elaine

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! Yes, please post pictures.

Congratulations on your new precious bundle of joy and happiness!!!!

Congrats Darryl and Lanice! We'd love to see some pictures! We are so happy for you two! What a lucky little girl! Five couples down, two to go!! Way to go Abrazo!!

Well I'm sorry that I haven't replyed quickly but we're trying to learn how to get trough the day with the smallest amount of sleep possible. Lanice also said that Jodie wasn't old enough to go help me feed the cows yet (open the gates), so I just haven't had time to reply. Jodie is just the sweetest girl even when she is screaming at 3:00a.m. for a diaper change and feeding. Lanice and I wish everyone could have birthparents like ours, because with folks like them you just don't gain a child, you gain a whole family. They say the Good Lord works in mysterious ways, but to see God's work up and close is just a blessing beyond words. Thanks to all the girls at Abrazo. Hopefully we can get enough sleep in a couple of years that we can come back and do it again. wink.gif

That's all right Darryl, we all understand the lack of sleep thing. Once you get caught up on some we'd love to see some pictures.

Congrats Darryl and Lanice! I am very happy for the two of you. Enjoy your little bundle of joy!!!

angie

You are welcome Darrell. Little Jodie is just precious. She has the sweetest little face and lot's of dark hair. Her cry is so cute. I got to hold her today and now Brenli feels so big. I am looking forward to many more visits. Since Lanice and I will be full time mommy's we will be doing lot's of girl stuff. We are going to have so much fun with our girls. It was so nice to see the two of you so happy. Yall are going to be great parents. God Bless!! smile.gif

What a cutie pie! Little Ms. Jodie is just darling! Congratulations on your precious daughter! smile.gif

Elaine