Baby Announcements 2005

Stork Central

Today was a very special placement at our office, for one of our Forum families, thus their announcement has been guest-written by two very special scribes:

We were going to go to Orlando this week. Then my mom got told there was a baby. And we had to go to Texas. And we were jumping up and down, saying "do we get to go?" So Mom and Dad said "maybe." Then they talked and they said yes. So bye-bye we went. And we got on a plane and came here. Then we went to your office. And our parents were doing some boring talking. And papers. So now we're holding our baby brother. Well! He's kinda small. His initials are L.J., because our grandpa was L.J. and he died and it's a tradition. The baby, he's probably gonna be fun. He's pretty cute. He has a lot of hair. We're so lucky because we have a baby brother. Adoption is when someone has a baby and somebody else gets to have him. Like us. Taking care of the baby is going to be fun. We never had a boy as a brother. So we're excited!

Dictated by Marcela (age 5) & Carmela (age 9)

biggrin.gif Proud Big Sisters!!

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcela and Carmela,

What an exciting trip you have had and what amazing big sisters you are going to be! L.J. sounds adorable! Please keep posting so we will all know how you and your new baby brother are doing.

I love the kid's eye view, Elizabeth. Thanks!

Congratulations to all of the new parents and the new big borthers and sisters!

14212[/snapback]

Hi all,

OK, I keep trying to post and it's not going through. Here's one more try to share our good news. Marcela and Carmela weren't the only ones overjoyed to cancel the Orlando trip and head on down to texas. We were going to accompany my husband down for a conference before receiving "the call.". We received a call friday about a baby born on feb. 28th. we had spoken to his loving birthmom in january but then lost contact with her. She called abrazo friday stating that she had a baby and wondering if we were still available. They called and said, "how soon can you get here." We were happy to be in San Antonio by sunday afternoon with a beautiful bundle in our arms. L.J. is for Lorenzo Jordan (Lorenzo is Spanish for Lawrence which was my husband's wonderful father's name - he passed two years ago. Jordan was given to him by his birthmom and is the same middle name as his little birthbrother). Lorenzo was a healthy 7pd., 8oz. baby at birth and is eating and sleeping well (except at night when he wants to be awake). We are so very happy and the lyrics that keep coming to my mind this week are "some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this." We are having many unforgettable moments and are just really enjoying San Antonio. The funniest things though is that our youngest daughter keeps getting confused calling him "orlando" instead of "Lorenzo."

What a wonderful week,

Rosalie

Congratulations, Rosalie!!! I know that your girls are thrilled! I laughed out loud when you said that your youngest keeps calling him Orlando! That is so cute!!! Maybe that can be his little nickname since that is where you all were headed before you got "the call".

Best wishes with your new little bundle! I am very happy for you. smile.gif

Elaine

Every so often, Abrazo is blest with special deliveries for whom we have no ready parents-in-waiting, and when that happens, we are overjoyed to find new families from outside of our program, whom we gladly "adopt" as our own!

So it was for a gracious Montana family, who been just longing to add a beautiful baby girl to their family portrait. They were homestudied, and well prepared for open adoption, but not finding much success in their quest out West, so Fate led them South, and God led them to Abrazo, along with a lovely young birthmom seeking just such a family for a baby coming soon.

That baby came late last week, and went home with her excited new parents and big brothers just yesterday, with her birthmom's blessing... may their lives together be just as spontaneous, happy and promising, from here to kingdom come!!

Congratulations to all of Phillyfamily. I love your story, which your children will enjoy telling over and over again! Congratulations.

And congratulations to the Montana family who found their dream in Texas. (Like so many of us!) Congratulations!

Seems like lots of againers are placing. Three cheers for the growing families.

Back by popular demand!!, Abrazo has joyously welcomed back some of our againers from north Texas! Last seen at Camp Abrazo 2004, showing off their handsome, curly-haired toddler son, they returned today to add a precious, blonde-haired, blue-eyed daughter to their family, and along with her, the all-too-adorable birthcouple who brought her into this world.

This newly-expanded family will be proudly joining us for Camp again this summer (since their new baby girl came before their next-scheduled orientation!) and we can't wait to see how their kids will have grown by then. Because we know that, given the power of love, this family has great things ahead of them, and we couldn't be happier for each one of 'em! Congratulations, all, and God bless.

The Chinese calendar refers to 2005 as the Year of the Rooster, but at Abrazo, this appears to be the Year of the Againer, as yet another beloved Abrazo family returned to our hallowed halls today, this time to add their third child (and first daughter!!)

Originally part of The Believers orientation weekend of September, 1997, they were unable to attend another orientation weekend before being needed here for placement, so this proud family of five will make a joyous return to Camp Abrazo this summer to introduce all their old and new friends to their darling daughter and her two adoring brothers!

Heartfelt congratulations to these loyal friends and believers, and also to one strong and determined birthmama and her devoted auntie, who worked together to make this miracle happen for their beautiful baby girl.

I need to go to bed, but I just had to see what the good news was when I saw that Stork Central was on.

Okay, Believers was Marthaj's orientation group, so maybe she has inside info on this. Can't wait to hear the whole story--Of course, since we'll get to be at Camp Abrazo together for the same reason, I know we'll have the opportunity.

Congratulations to the whole family!! See you in July!

Christina

Yes, Christina, "The Believers" was my orientation group, but after the first couple of years of sending Christmas cards, I just lost touch with the others! Unless these "againers" come here to the Forum to share their story, I'll just have to wait until the Abrazo Reunion to find out!!

We're proud to announce, we're counting another set of blue booties for another of our Dandy Dozen Storkjackers of 1/05, as another family of againers bring home another baby boy (their second son)! Congratulations to these fine folks (active Forumites that they are), with many thanks to their loving birthmom and her supportive family, who welcomed not just the baby but also his new mom, dad and brother into their world with open arms. (Everyone even participated in a touching entrustment ceremony at the hospital, to celebrate this fresh new branch of their family tree.) May your Easter holiday this year be a special tribute to the power of love, in all its glorious incarnations.

Congratulations and have a memorable Resurrection Sunday!

Claudia

We're proud to announce, we're counting another set of blue booties for another of our Dandy Dozen Storkjackers of 1/05, as another family of againers bring home another baby boy (their second son)! Congratulations to these fine folks (active Forumites that they are), with many thanks to their loving birthmom and her supportive family, who welcomed not just the baby but also his new mom, dad and brother into their world with open arms. (Everyone even participated in a touching entrustment ceremony at the hospital, to celebrate this fresh new branch of their family tree.) May your Easter holiday this year be a special tribute to the power of love, in all its glorious incarnations.

14703[/snapback]

Congratulations Terry Family!! Can't wait for all the details on the newest member of the DDSJs!!

14703[/snapback]

Congratulations Terry Family!! Can't wait for all the details on the newest member of the DDSJs!!

14714[/snapback]

Congratulations Nathan and Beth we are happy for yall. smile.gif

Yes, Christina, "The Believers" was my orientation group, but after the first couple of years of sending Christmas cards, I just lost touch with the others!  Unless these "againers" come here to the Forum to share their story, I'll just have to wait until the Abrazo Reunion to find out!!

14676[/snapback]

Martha, What a beautiful young lady you have. I wonder who got the new baby from our 97 group. I will have to ask the Abrazo Angels. I do wish we all could have kept in contact. Like you said maybe we'll see them at Camp Abrazo. Have a great Easter. Sherrie T smile.gif

Congrats to all the new parents!! and I hope to see you posting despite your new busy life!! (it helps if you do it when they are awake. I think babies are bored by the forum since they can't read it, Alex always falls asleep when I'm typing. :-) )

God Bless you and your new families.

Loriahn

Congratulations to the DDSJ family that now has a new little bundle! What an exciting time!!!

Elaine

• 2 weeks later...

Our Dandy Dozen Storkjackers of 1/05 have another little reason to fling pink streamers and confetti, in celebration of another tiny princess headed home to her new castle! Her new "kingdom" wll be located in the far northeast, with a doctor and her husband, one prince of a big brother and two sisters-in-waiting. The royal family is currently enjoying an extended "spring break" in north Texas with their adorable birthmom and her supportive kinfolk. Enjoy this precious time together counting tiny fingers and toes, y'all! (And don't forget to pose that enchanting maiden in Texas' famous bluebonnets, which have suddenly blossomed, as if in honor of her much-welcomed arrival!!)

Our Dandy Dozen Storkjackers of 1/05 have another little reason to fling pink streamers and confetti, in celebration of another tiny princess headed home to her new castle! Her new "kingdom" wll be located in the far northeast, with a doctor and her husband, one prince of a big brother and two sisters-in-waiting. The royal family is currently enjoying an extended "spring break" in north Texas with their adorable birthmom and her supportive kinfolk. Enjoy this precious time together counting tiny fingers and toes, y'all! (And don't forget to pose that enchanting maiden in Texas' famous bluebonnets, which have suddenly blossomed, as if in honor of her much-welcomed arrival!!)

14994[/snapback]

This must be the Brewer Family, Congratulations!! We are very happy for yall. Enjoy your new little girl. smile.gif

Congratulations, Robert and Anne! Please post some pictures of the family with your new arrival!