Baby Announcements 2005

Stork Central

Sometimes, in all the excitement of how quickly some placements can happen, we can forget that the most important thing isn't when the baby comes home, but how they get there, and our first homecoming of the New Year is a beautiful reminder that the best things in life truly are worth waiting for!

Today, a special Tennessee couple became a mommy and daddy here in Texas. It was a long journey, one that they started with Bruce's Great Eight Posse in April, 2003. Midway through, however, the adoptive mom's beloved father became ill, and the couple decided to put their file on hold, to focus on supporting their family in the midst of this crisis. The would-be grandpa's condition, unfortunately, worsened over time, and when he died, the couple kept their file on hold while they grieved their loss. It wasn't until last summer that they decided to relaunch their dream of adopting in earnest.

About that time, a birthcouple in North Texas was thinking about adoption. They had several children already and knew they weren't ready to start over. They received our TN couple's profile and saw amongst those pages the mom and dad they wanted for their next baby. Although the due date seemed soooo far away back then, the Tennesseeans said "yes!" and the rest is now part of their shared family history...

Because two days ago, one year to the day that her grandpa went to heaven, a new little angel entered the world. We know that upstairs, he's surely celebrating in spirit with his new granddaughter and his daughter and her husband, here on earth, as they marvel at the miracle that adoption has wrought and thank God for the family that faith built.

May it be so for all our new Abrazo families throughout the year ahead!!

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a former Tennesseean to a current one!

Congratulations!!!! What an incredible feeling to be a parent?!?! Enjoy every moment!

From our personal experience very similar to yours I KNOW deep in my heart that your father, the proud new grandfather, is cheering for you and is able to see and experience this wonderful time in your lives even though he is not there with you physically.

Those dates are incredible and I know that you know for so many more reasons that this was meant to be. What a powerful thing!

Congratulations again!

Lisa V

Congratulations!

What a wonferful homecoming! This placement is so wonderful that I had to post just a comment I made today.

A client of mine was looking at the pictures of my boys today and after the adminration she asked me how do you know?

I knew exactly what she meant and the point is that every baby that is placed into our waiting arms is chosen by God to be our child. These things are predetermined. I know it and my boys are living proof!

Thank you for sharing the details of the wonderful day for a special family! God has blessed them with a gift that is meant to be!

Katharine

Congratulations to the newest parents of 2005! What a heart-warming story. Our Kayleigh was born the same day my paternal grand-mother passed away, just 18 minutes after she left this earth. There is something very special and very significant about that sort of thing - as if God himself is with you right at that moment in time, just reminding you how much He cares and loves you.

Best wishes to you and your new family and to those incredibly special birthparents.

-Lisa

I am also a proud Tennesseean, and I want to say Congratulations!!! I am sorry for the loss of your Daddy, but I am so happy to hear that your Little Angel has finally arrived.

Enjoy this blessed time in your life!

Best Wishes,

Elaine

The road to parenting is washed with tears of sorrow and joy, and today, the last of our ForresTears (3/04) can attest to this, as they proudly walk out of a west Texas hospital with their new baby girl and her dear birthparents. It was only months ago that they left another hospital empty-handed and struggling to understand why that dream had not come true, yet they kept the faith, and they know now why they just had to wait for the "right" one, because at last they've found their answer: all 7 lbs., 9 oz. of her! Congratulations to our latest mommy and daddy, to their darling daughter, and her birthfamily, who made it all possible.

There is a special place in my heart for couples who have experienced the pain of failed adoption plans...and then see that patience and believing that the man upstairs was looking just the right baby for right family.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Fertile Hearts (11/04) were lit afire today with the news that one of their own have joined the ranks of happy parents, with the arrival of their first baby, a 7 lb., 11 oz. little girl born over the weekend! Even a blitz of bad weather out East couldn't keep this excited new mom and dad away, and their brave birthmom weathered a rough delivery even without anesthesia. We know the darling daughter they share is destined to be a young woman of charm, grit and determination, given her stock, and we wish them a "purr"fectly wonderful future together!!

Being from our nation's capitol, we can only guess that our newest parents were more than happy to have a reason to leave town right in time for the inauguration! And today, in a town on the southernmost border of Texas, one couple from our Sweetest Daze of 10/04 found the nicest excuse of all for missing the official festivities in D.C., as they officially became a family in TX!! And that was an event worthy of its own ticker tape parade, because life is surely going to be a ball with their precious new baby. Congratulations, all.

After a bevy of infant girls, we've placed our first boy baby of the year, with the first of our Dandy Dozen Storkjackers of 1/05, and we couldn't be happier for them! Although they'd only been home from orientation a couple of days before their new son was born, they were more than gracious about turning around and coming back to Texas to become parents right away... much to the delight of their dear birthmom and her supportive mother, who'd been hoping and praying to find the perfect parents for this little guy whom they loved so, but could not take home, themselves. Our new mom and dad are pinching themselves, to be sure it's for real, as we work on getting them home, soon as possible, so they can introduce their son to excited relatives and begin life as the "forever family" they were always-- surely-- meant to be. Blessings, all!

Congratulations!!

I can't wait to find out which couple you are!

Dan and Erika,

Are you the lucky new parents? We sure hope so! Andrea called us all last night and we're so very happy for you. Congratulations!

We're praying for all the other DDSJ's in waiting!! Keep us posted...

Marjory and Bob

Congratulations!! 

I can't wait to find out which couple you are!

13206[/snapback]

Hey Jennifer, I think this is the Jersey couple. laugh.gif

13222[/snapback]

Hello Friends,

You guessed right!! We are so excited and thrilled to let you all know about our new son, Daniel Edward, born on January 18, 2005!!!! Little Danny is doing great and will be on his way to NJ after he finishes a little stay (8 more days) in a very nice hospital in Corpus Christi. He is as beautiful as his Birthmom, and is a little guy, 5 lbs 13 ounces and can't wait to meet all of his new friends and family. Believe us, when we say to all of you, Not IF, But WHEN!!!!!!!!!

We will speak to you all soon.

Dan & Erika

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We are so excited for yall. I told you it would be quick. So how do you feel? It's the most incredible feeling in the world to hold YOUR baby isn't it? Keep us posted. smile.gif

Congratulations Dan & Erika!!!! smile.gif

When we spoke to our birthmother last night she told us she met you Wednesday at the Abrazo office and that you were there about a baby. So I immediately logged on to the forum to see if any birth announcements were posted. We all said you should be the first in our group and someone obviously agreed with us. We will keep you and Little Danny in our prayers for a safe trip home. What great news to end the week!!!

Andrea and Jim

Hello All Fellow StorkJackers... Thanks so much for all of your kind words and prayers. Little Danny is doing great and should be released from the hospital on Saturday!! We can't wait to get him home to NJ so he can meet all his excited new family and friends. It has been a truly amazing last 2 weeks. We never could have imagined when we left San Antonio that we would be this happy this soon. It is an absolute miracle! We are praying that all of you will soon find the happiness you all so richly deserve. We will be in touch soon.

Dan and Erika

Is it? Wuzzit it? Could it be...?!

The final Fab 9's are no longer three.

Their new daughter's here, they wait no more!

For our Texans are now a Family of Four!!

(Good things come to those who wait. Congratulations, all!)

Their first and second miracles began in Russia, but for Number #3, this winsome couple from our Sweetest Daze (10/04) decided to adopt somewhere that was half as cold and twice as easy to get to! They took the first plane to Texas yesterday morning, got to the hospital before noon, met their new birthcouple and fell in love, met their new daughter and fell in love, and by today, paperwork was done, the baby was discharged and her excited new parents were calling a zillion relatives and friends back home with the good news! (And they said nothing big ever happens in February...!) Here's to new friendships, growing families, and (as one very wise birthgrandmother put it yesterday) a miracle event that was truly the result of "a God thing."

Hello All Fellow StorkJackers... Thanks so much for all of your kind words and prayers.  Little Danny is doing great and should be released from the hospital on Saturday!!  We can't wait to get him home to NJ so he can meet all his excited new family and friends.  It has been a truly amazing last 2 weeks.  We never could have imagined when we left San Antonio that we would be this happy this soon. It is an absolute miracle!  We are praying that all of you will soon find the happiness you all so richly deserve.  We will be in touch soon.

Dan and Erika

13313[/snapback]

Dan and Erika, We couln't be happier for you. We would have written sooner but our computer has been on the blink since we've been home. We heard your wonderful news thruogh our bithmom and could hardly wait to be able to get on line and hear the details! We are looking forward to hearing more about him!Congratulations! You and all the birthmoms are in our prayers!

Love,

Mike and Stacey

P.s. Since our computer isn't working yet, we can be reached through Mike's work at mcs1962@hotmail.com. We arelooking forward to many more happy reports!!!!!

Hello All Fellow StorkJackers... Thanks so much for all of your kind words and prayers.  Little Danny is doing great and should be released from the hospital on Saturday!!  We can't wait to get him home to NJ so he can meet all his excited new family and friends.  It has been a truly amazing last 2 weeks.  We never could have imagined when we left San Antonio that we would be this happy this soon. It is an absolute miracle!  We are praying that all of you will soon find the happiness you all so richly deserve.  We will be in touch soon.

Dan and Erika

13313[/snapback]

Dan and Erika, We couln't be happier for you. We would have written sooner but our computer has been on the blink since we've been home. We heard your wonderful news thruogh our bithmom and could hardly wait to be able to get on line and hear the details! We are looking forward to hearing more about him!Congratulations! You and all the birthmoms are in our prayers!

Love,

Mike and Stacey

P.s. Since our computer isn't working yet, we can be reached through Mike's work at mcs1962@hotmail.com. We arelooking forward to many more happy reports!!!!!

13544[/snapback]

Hey Stacey, how are you? Did I understand you right that you guys have matched? Email back and give us all the details......Due date, boy or girl and the rest of the good stuff. rolleyes.gif Sherrie Tennison

It was a match made in heaven, and as a result, the Dandy Dozen Storkjackers of 1/05 are thanking God for the placement of another simply divine baby boy, joyfully headed home with one of their own! Last night, his new mommy and daddy celebrated Valentine's Day by going out for a romantic dinner with his loving birthparents (and rumor has it that massive servings of cheesecake were involved.) To see them together leaves no doubt that these folks were always meant to be kin! and we thank them both for letting us take part in the first chapter of their new family legend. May each passing page be better than the last! and may they all live happily ever after.