question??

Guest aunt 2b

Guest aunt 2b

in my family there is a tradition where my parents set up a trust fund for each of the grandchildren. but now that my sister and her husband is adopting, mom says dad won't do it this time. (since their baby won't be a blood relation.) i feel bad for my sister. but who's to say?? should i warn her ahead of time? or just leave it be? dad is so bullheaded on some things. i know mom won't stand up to him. but i think he's wrong on this one!!!???? does anyone know what to do in a situation like this??

Dear Aunt 2b,

Have your sister and her husband taken placement yet, or are they just in the beginning stages of the adoption process?? My guess is once that little baby is in their arms and welcomed into the family, there won't be any difference between one grandchild and the other. Perhaps your father just hasn't gotten use to the idea yet. I suggest you maintain a positive attitude about it within the family, and just try to ignore the negative attitudes and comments. His attitude may change completely once he sees their joy and happiness.

I'm glad you found the Forum, where we exist to encourage and support one another through all aspects of the adoption process!

Good luck, and please come back often!

• 1 month later...

Needed: more extended family members from birth and adoptive families, to join in this online dialogue and help round out our Forum population.

Compensation package: lifelong friendships, education, support, and camaraderie.

Benefits: adopted family members will enjoy improved communication and understanding across the lifespan and the entire clan will be respected and admired in your community.

To apply: POST HERE!

• 8 years later...

Everyone! So I entered a contest on Facebook to win a photography session! Well I need at least 130 "LIKES" by 8 pm tonight! If everyone can please go to Stutes Family Photography, LIKE their page, then go to the CUTEST COUPLE album and like mine and Anthony's picture, I will GREATLY appreciate it! Ask everyone to go like it please! Friends, family, everyone! :))

Sorry for the rambunctious posting!! Please bare with me :)