Lost and Confused

LoriLoct18

well, lets start off.  I'm pregnet I just found out this past friday night.  The father and I just broke up a month ago and he don't know about it. infact he's in jail right now.  but He won't agree with this and I think I should tell him. but I guess I"m here because I can't afford to raise this kid and I just need a "it's o.k."  or something to make me feel better about this whole thing.  I had a miscarriage back nov 23, 2003  :( And I"m here 1 1/2 months pregnet only on my own, and wanting so much to keep the kid and watching a movie or seeing someone with a newborn makes me want to cry because I can't.  I guess I"m just spilling it now. The main reason I posted was just some comfort.

I just filled out the thing online to get all the information and everything else so.  I'm hungry and I best eat, so I best go.

Lori

Lori,

I just wanted to say hi and let you know you are not alone.  Abrazo is a great resource to help you find out what is the best for both you and your baby.  I know they were/are a great support for our birthmother.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa

HI lori, my name is Lisa (there are many of us out here on abrazo-land) and I am a birthmom.

I know where you are as far as the what will I do stage and why cant this be easier and all the confusion and craziness that goes on in this situation. I placed my son 5 years ago and as for me, open adoption was the only option next to parenting him myself. And as for your pick on getting info from Abrazo- your well on your way to making the best decision for your baby. They will let you guide them in your journey and will help you in way they can with the emotional struggle this can be.

Let me be one of the first to say:

Welcome to our family, and even if you dont choose abrazo or maybe not even adoption, there will be many prayers said on your behalf. May the support and knowledge of the staff and our forum-ites be here when you need it and may you decide to lean on us. I am here and I know many other birthmoms who are too.. so if you need to talk, cry, or just hang out feel free to message me and I will get you my number.

By the way where in our great state are you?

Love and prayers for you and the baby,

Lisa

Thank you for replying, I needed that.  But I do know it is the right choice. I spent all day looking around on the internet at adoption agencies and Abrazo seems like the best one.  I have to get the imformation packet and go from there.  But I'm pretty much here to stay.

But to make this short and sweet, because I have alot of things to finish up before nighttime. I'm from the D/FW area, Hurst (HEB) to be more specific.  hate it but it's home.  

Thanxs!

Lori :D

Hi Lori,

Welcome to the Abrazo family.  I am an adoptive mom and I want you to know that all of us are here to support you in your journey.  There are many birthmom's out there that have parented and placed children with adoptive families and I know that any of them would be honored to share their stories with you.  We adoptive moms love our birthmoms like our families and we too, want you to do what is best for you.

Take care and keep in touch with us.

Jeannie

Lori,

My name is Debra & I am 18 weeks pregnant. I decided when I found out I was pregnant that adoption was my only option. Then I was lucky enough to find Abrazo. When you get a chance to talk to them on the phone you will know why I think they are just awsome ladies.

Also when they send you your packet it has a lot of good information in there for you to read. I know I've read it many times over & over.

If you ever want to talk please email me. I think it would help both of us to have someone to talk to about what were going through.

Take care!

I do have a question, I heard that Abrazo dose houseing.  Dose anyone know how well it is, or anyone ever done the houseing?  I was just wondering because I can't sit here and let my baby sister, she's 4 years-old, see that I'm pregnet and have to explain to here why I'm not going to have to kid.  She's very observant and she's already lost her real dad and I don't think she will be able to understand this since she didn't understand the miscarriage.

Well, right now I should be getting the packet in the mail today, and I'll look over that.  Right now I have to type up my mom's homework, that sounds so weird, but there is about 20 more pages to go so.

Thanks

Lori