Looking for the Right Parents for your Baby?

If you're searching for just the right family for your precious baby, we've got just the people for you!

Abrazo offers overnight delivery of free color profiles of our fabulous parents-in-waiting... loving couples who could never become parents without the courage and unselfishness of someone like you. Our families are carefully screened and ready for immediate placement of children of all ages, races and backgrounds.

Abrazo-approved families are committed to openness in their adoptions, because they truly understand and appreciate what birthparents go through to make adoption choices and because they want to raise their children to love and respect their birthparents for those choices.

If you want some professional help in finding the best possible parents for your infant or child, use the use the "messenger" option on this screen to contact Stork Central and an Abrazo staff member will respond, or else call our office (in Texas, dial 1-800-454-5683; if outside the state, call us collect at 210/342-LOVE) and we'll get you in touch with the family of your dreams...

Because they're just waiting to get you to welcome you and your little one into their lives!

• 3 years later...

Here's an interesting question, related to a remark kbutterfly made in a recent post: how important is it (or isn't it) to birthmoms to choose an adoptive couple who resembles themselves or their expected baby, and why or why not?

I didn't think about it at the time of placing, but I was shock how it ended up after he was with them and started growing. But I have heard it said that when you live with someone long enough you all start to resemble each other. Every tells my husband that his "son" looks just like him and Alex has a different father. But My husband has been his acting father since he was 18months old, he is 7 now.

• 4 months later...

biggrin.gif Every time Jennifer and I go out together, someone asks if we are sisters. I love that!!! I had no idea what Jen and Doug looked like when we 'clicked' on the phone. Turns out we look like family!! biggrin.gif

There were also the times when we went to play at Babies are Us and our birthing class and we got those (are they a lesbian couple) looks. wink.gif

LOL LOL LOL!!!

How funny right, Jen??

aaahh, good times. rolleyes.gif

whoops

Edited by Amanda Mc

• 1 year later...
Click here, to look over some of
Abrazo's waiting families:

LOVING HOMES FOR YOUR BABY.

1) Click on the photo of any family that interests you to read a bit more about them and to find out what kind of child they hope to adopt.

2) Then, choose up to three families you want to know more about.

3) Call 1-800-454-5683 (that's Abrazo's toll-free number for all prospective birthparents in Texas and surrounding states.) If you're calling on weekends or after-hours, ask the answering service to page the Abrazo staff member who is currently on call, so you can talk with us right away!

4) Tell us which adoptive families you like, and we'll gladly have them call you directly, so you can get a chance to speak with them personally and find out what they're like!

5) Then, call Abrazo back and let us know who feels "right" to you. (If you want to be the one to tell them they've been chosen, then be sure to let us know that, too, before you give them the good news.)

We'll let the families who don't fit know, and they'll be glad you found someone that's right for you, because all our parents-in-waiting know there is, truly, a "right" match for everyone, and if they didn't fit your dreams, it just means their baby's birthparents are still out there, waiting to find them.

Once you choose the folks you want to be the parents of your baby, we'll get the matching paperwork out to them, and we'll be able to let you know within 48 hours if they're ready to move forward, just as soon as they sign the match proposal and returning it to us.

Then, it's up to both of you to start building a friendship that will truly last a lifetime. Once you're officially matched, it's good to plan an in-person meeting-- our adoptive families will gladly travel to where you are, to meet you and spend quality time getting acquainted.

You'll talk on the phone regularly, too, just like good friends do! and when the time approaches, you'll let your counselor at Abrazo know what role you want them to play when the baby is born; whether you want them in the delivery room with you, or waiting at the hospital, or staying put until you have given birth and want to spend time with them again. All the choices are yours to make.

But first things first! Follow the link above, to check out our Parents-in-Waiting! (And if you don't see who or what you're looking for, call us, because we've got other families who may not have chosen to post profiles online but are just as eager to get to know you.)

Click. Read. Call. That's all it takes to start the journey to happily-ever-after, for you and your baby.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have to be registered with Abrazo to look at the parent profiles?

Heather

Edited by hkingkong

No-- that would essentially defeat the purpose, since very few birthparents (just like adopting parents) are reluctant to fill out all our paperwork until or unless they know for certain our agency can offer them the kind of match they're looking for...

Do you have to be registered with Abrazo to look at the parent profiles?

No-- that would essentially defeat the purpose, since very few birthparents (just like adopting parents) are reluctant to fill out all our paperwork until or unless they know for certain our agency can offer them the kind of match they're looking for...

Good morning Elizabeth,

I logged out of my account and attempted to approach this thread as a user who might look be surfing the web and viewing the Abrazo site (but not as a registered user).

While you can read the birthparent topics and go into each one without being logged in, It does appear that it will not let you view the online profiles if you are not logged in.

This is probably a setting on the Gallery which prevents users who are not registered from viewing the photos. You may wish to test this just to be sure, but it appears I am experiencing the same issue as Heather regarding viewing PIW Online Profiles (you must be logged in---see error message below).

Perhaps our WebMaster can assist in making this one URL link work (or can give us the available options).

This is what I get if I am logged out and click on the "LOVING HOMES FOR YOUR BABY" link:

AbrazoLoginErrorScreen.jpg

Sorry-- I think I misunderstood Heather's question.

Birthparents do not have to be "signed up" as clients of Abrazo before viewing profiles, but yes: anyone on Abrazo's Forum does have to register and log in, in order to gain access to the Gallery (this is one of the necessary security measures we must maintain in our ongoing efforts to foil hackers.)

In time, we plan to launch a separate feature that will allow any visitors to the Birthparent Page of Abrazo's main website to view prospective parent profiles, but we're not quite there, yet.

Sorry-- I think I misunderstood Heather's question.

Birthparents do not have to be "signed up" as clients of Abrazo before viewing profiles, but yes: anyone on Abrazo's Forum does have to register and log in, in order to gain access to the Gallery (this is one of the necessary security measures we must maintain in our ongoing efforts to foil hackers.)

In time, we plan to launch a separate feature that will allow any visitors to the Birthparent Page of Abrazo's main website to view prospective parent profiles, but we're not quite there, yet.

Thanks for the clarification Elizabeth :)

So, everything is operating as it should then :)

There are two sides to every coin: While it would be nice if people (who have not registered) could simply click on the gallery and view pictures, it also could potentially violate any privacy the posters thought they had when they made the pics available to their "Friends of the Forum" :) So, I think the security of having to register to view the gallery is probably a good thing.

Thanks to the Abrazo staff and the WebMaster for setting up a great online forum community. :)

-A

Thanks for the information Adam and Elizabeth. I thought I was just clueless. :blink:

Heather :)

Thanks for the information Adam and Elizabeth. I thought I was just clueless. :blink:

Heather :)

No, you brought up something that I didn't have a clear understanding of either. I too was thinking that you did not have to be logged in to view the profiles. So, it's good that we have that cleared up so we all know :)

Thanks Heather,

Adam

• 8 years later...

If you've been thinking about placing and wondering how someone goes about choosing adoptive parents for their child, we've been thinking about that, too! so check out the Abrazo blog entry this week:

http://abrazo.org/picking-adoptive-parents/

Then come back and share your thoughts about what's important to you in an adoptive family, and what you're looking for?

• Upvote 1