ORIENTATION

Stork Central

Hello all,

I am so excited for next weekend!!!!

Chris and I have been working on our profile and are there any restrictions? For example: a 23 page profile (just kidding cool.gif ). Should we not put it together until we get there or go ahead with what we are thinking. We are working off the examples we were sent. I thought about just putting what I would like to put on each page and put it in a plastic sleeve and then bringing it next weekend....Help from those experienced profile makers tongue.gif

Just 10 days!

Amy

ps: what to wear ohmy.gif

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

I am so excited for next weekend!!!! 

Chris and I have been working on our profile and are there any restrictions?  For example: a 23 page profile (just kidding cool.gif ).  Should we not put it together until we get there or go ahead with what we are thinking.  We are working off the examples we were sent.  I thought about just putting what I would like to put on each page and put it in a plastic sleeve and then bringing it next weekend....Help from those experienced profile makers tongue.gif

Just 10 days!

Amy

ps: what to wear ohmy.gif

33467[/snapback]

Hi Amy -- Welcome to Abrazo!! I am so excited for you and all of the other couples who will be at orientation next weekend. Hold on, you are in for a ride! smile.gif

On the profile, I would recommend bringing your ideas to the weekend but not completing it before you get there. You will have a chance to talk with the gals at Abrazo about your ideas and they will give you GREAT feedback. You'll come away with ideas that you had not thought about in advance. And you have to do it all in 6 pages so the gals and your fellow travelers will help you narrow it down. I might recommend writing some of the text ahead of time so that the gals can give you feedback on this too. We did a lot in advance and then ended up changing it all (for the better) as a result of the feedback. But be prepared to move quickly on completing your profile shortly after the weekend as birthmothers will be waiting...

Dress is casual so bring relaxing clothes.

Enjoy -- We will be thinking of you guys next weekend -- and who picked April Fools Day!? wink.gif The bonds you will form with your fellow compatriots will be amazing -- I feel like I now have a new set of brothers and sisters and everytime someone in our cohort has a baby it feels like a new niece or nephew has arrived.

Best, Susan

Edited by Susan

Thanks Susan for the input. I can't believe we have to put it into 6 pages that just doesn't seem like enough.

I am a little worried about the April Fool's Day....after looking at other groups and the fun they had with the Abrazo gals I am curious what they have in store for us ph34r.gif

Thanks to everyone who has already opened up there arms to us and I can't wait for the journey to begin. smile.gif

Amy

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and kind wishes. 

The info regarding the infertility documentation has been extremely helpful.  Hopefully, we will be able to pull everything together within the next week.

Thanks again,  Veronica

32425[/snapback]

Hi,

Yeah....another couple from New Jersey. What part are you from? You are going to really love this weekendand, as evidenced from all the other groups, these people are going to be your new best friends/support system/shoulder to cry on and eventual cheerleader as you get your little one.

You should join the Adoptive Parents Commitee group, they are a great support system in our state. If you want I can give you their info. Wa also went thru a small agency in NJ and then switched to Abrazo. What a difference, I only wish we had gone to them in the first place, we would be on baby #2 by now, oh well, we live and learn.

Get your sleep, you will need it and be on your toes with these ladies................not your typical social worker types biggrin.gif

Sandi

Hi Sandi!

I'm getting the feeling there are quite a few Jersey people in Abrazoland. We live in Union County...Exit 135....Hee,Hee,Hee!!!! biggrin.gif

We've actually been wanting to join the Adoptive Parents Committee. Unfortunately, we couldn't make the meeting they just had Sunday night. Were you there?

It is so wonderful to see all of the support, friendship, and fun on this forum. We can't wait to be a full fledged part of it all.

We are hoping to hear this week if we are in for the next orientation.

Thanks for reaching out, Veronica

Mark and Cason and I sincerely wish each of you the best at Orientation next Weekend, it is a lifechanging experience and so wonderful.

Kiss Infertility Goodbye because you all are about to become Mommies and Daddy's.

How exciting!

Watch out for those April fools!!!! ohmy.giflaugh.gifph34r.gif

Hello Orientees:

We are in Tony and Donna. We are part of the Connecting the Tots group and are in San Antonio now for the placement of our son Ethan. Best of luck this coming weekend. You will leave with a greater sense of what this journey will be like and a renewed confidence in taking charge of your own fertility...

Maybe we will run in to you all....

Tony tongue.gif

I cant wait to hear the stories from the next orientaition group. biggrin.giftongue.gif

I do know that someone in that group is having a birthday, I wonder what will happen?

Get some sleep this week, enjoy your time with your group.

Paula

Wow, this time next week we'll have another new PIW group.

Have a great week, sleep before you arrive in SA & have an awesome time at your orientation!!

Looking forward to 'meeting' the next PIW group.

Don't forget that Daylight Savings Time begins this Sunday at 2 am. So since you'll probably all still be up into the wee hours Sunday morning, just set your watch ahead one hour then. wink.gif

I am so excited to get to know the new orientation group. Best of luck to everyone and safe travels!!! You will be holding your little ones very soon!!

Kiss Infertility Goodbye because you all are about to become Mommies and Daddy's.

33652[/snapback]

Rhonda is very right!

Have a great weekend!

I always look forward to hearing about the new groups! I love the bonds we have all formed. Have fun and enjoy every minute! tongue.gif

Wishing you safe travels and "the" baby of your dreams!

Edited by MarceloandClaudia

All right I will try to contain myself.... biggrin.gif Tomorrow at this time WE WILL BE ON A PLANE TO SAN ANTONIO laugh.giflaugh.gif

We can't wait to meet everyone and all the new journey's that will begin!!!!

Amy

Wonder what our group name will be unsure.gif

All right I will try to contain myself.... biggrin.gif  Tomorrow at this time WE WILL BE ON A PLANE TO SAN ANTONIO laugh.gif  laugh.gif

We can't wait to meet everyone and all the new journey's that will begin!!!!

Amy

Wonder what our group name will be unsure.gif

34748[/snapback]

I'm right there with ya Amy...just about jumping out of my skin!! I just printed out our Boarding Passes. biggrin.gif

Can't wait to meet you and the rest of our group tomorrow evening.

Safe travels to everyone. Veronica

Good luck newbies,

You are going to have a great time and dont forget your cameras as you will want to have pictures of your new friends and the Abrazo gals. Get your sleep, pack comfy clothes, some tissues and that waterproof mascara ladies because whether its from joy or happiness there will be a lot of tears.

Enjoy,

Sandi

PS. Any newbies from New Jersey or any other state, you can go to the Homestead section and the United States of adoption to check out the doings of your fellow statesmen and women.

Good luck to all of you going to Orientation.

No kidding listen everyone and dress comfortable, get enough sleep as you will not get much at Orientation and definately bring your camera.

You will make long lasting friendships. It is an experience of a lifetime.

Talk to you when you get back.

Linda

Best of Wishes to our new friends!!! Have a blast this weekend and whomever warned you about April fools...listen up...I am not sure what the Abrazo gals will have planned, but hold on to your seat..you are all going on a wild ride!!!!!!!!

Wish we could be a fly on the wall!!

Have FUN!!

Kathy and Tom tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Connecting the Tots

Jan. 2006

San Antonio,TX

Welcome to the fold....New orientation group. smile.gif You all will have so much fun this coming weekend!!! It is one of the most unforgettable weekends we have ever experienced and the relationships that we have formed with everyone in our group is amazing. Relationships that last a lifetime with people that understand exactly where you have been and how you feel.

Get some rest before the weekend!!!