ORIENTATION

Stork Central

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think... this time tomorrow morning, we should just be wrapping up the Friday night session! (or starting to!) tongue.gif Rest up, y'all!! We've got a big weekend in store for you and you're going to wish you'd had a good long nap by Friday afternoon.

Guest pamelaz

I even tried to sleep late this morning to prepare for the weekend. No such luck!!! Its such an emotional high all weekend and it starts even sooner for the staff. Come Sunday we'll all be somewhere between high on life and drained dry! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Just wanted to drop a note to the new orientatnioners-- Get ready for the ride of your life. You are in for a GREAT weekend which just gets the ride going. You will love the staff and your new group. Can't wait to hear the stories and the name you come up with. Have a great time!

Ashley

We hope you guys have a great time! You are going to make great friends this weekend!!! Hope your ready, your life is about to change!!

How many bottles of wine have they gone thru.....feeling a little tipsey.

Hope your all having as good of a time as we did.

Linda

Congratulations to all of the Tots.

I loved meeting you a couple of months ago-and look at how many of you have placed!!

When looks like now huh??

hug sto you all and good luck!

Amanda biggrin.gif

I wonder if the new orientation group is just now going to sleep?? smile.gif

35070[/snapback]

If they are a wild bunch there should be no sleep.

Congratulations to all of the Tots. 

I loved meeting you a couple of months ago-and look at how many of you have placed!!

When looks like now huh??

hug sto you all and good luck!

Amanda biggrin.gif

35065[/snapback]

Hey Amanda,

We loved meeting you also, feels like yesterday we were crying and laughing with you. Thanks again for sharing your story, it was so helpful and so brave.

By the way you're daughter is so cute...she looks like a real spitfire........I like that as I was and am one myself.

Sandi

35070[/snapback]

I dont know about you guys, but I had the hardest time going to sleep and staying that way after all of the excitement and the emotional upchurnings(is this a real word?) of that nite. I do remember waking up feeling somehow lighter with a lot of emotional baggage left in the room the nite before.

Sandi wub.gif

35070[/snapback]

I dont know about you guys, but I had the hardest time going to sleep and staying that way after all of the excitement and the emotional upchurnings(is this a real word?) of that nite. I do remember waking up feeling somehow lighter with a lot of emotional baggage left in the room the nite before.

Sandi wub.gif

35080[/snapback]

Sandi,

You don't sleep much anyway.

Linda

I remember being an emotional wreck at orientation... It was cool and made me want to adopt even more, but I remember sitting on the toilet at one of the breaks just sobbing. As for sleep, that is all I wanted to do.... I was worn out! I guess I am a wimp.... On Sat. night I was sooooo ready for those Margaritas!

I hope that the new orientees are having a good time and don't spend too much time hiding in the bathroom like I did!

Jeannie

While orientation was a wonderful weekend and the beginning of an incredible journey, I remember feeling so overwhelmed. I honestly did not know if I would have the strength to do it!! I remember laying in our hotel bed Saturday night, and I was terrified with all the "what ifs." I told my husband that it was scaring me to death...that I would be okay once we were matched with the right birthmom and dealing with "known" stuff--regardless of what the stuff was--but all the possible unknowns and possibilities were overwhelming me.

Praise the Lord for Larry's wisdom and support, the wonderful ladies at Abrazo, and the ever faithfullness of God that saw us through the knowns and unknowns and brought us the most precious gift ever...our son and his wonderful birthfamily!!

It is a journey of faith, but faith will be rewarded with sight! It's not IF, but WHEN! biggrin.gif

I can't wait to hear how things went at orientation. How exciting for all the parents to be!

Sabrina

Wow! What a large group! There were 3 Againers in the group and lots of smiling faces. Can't wait to see what their name is...

Tony

Wow! What a large group!  There were 3 Againers in the group and lots of smiling faces.  Can't wait to see what their name is...

Tony

35161[/snapback]

So what is the new groups name and did they get any sleep?

Linda

35070[/snapback]

Sandi wub.gif

35080[/snapback]

Sandi,

You don't sleep much anyway.

Linda

35099[/snapback]

Y'all laugh at me now for not needing that much sleep...........but lets see whose laughing when our little ones are keeping us up all nite and I still have energy in the morning tongue.gif

Sandi wub.gif

Ok FCI group,

We are dying to know how you were treated on April Fools Day by the already prankster prone Abrazo women unsure.gif ......please fill us in.

Sandi

35374[/snapback]

I just posted some of our adventures on the FCI thread (love the acronym Sandi!!).

Also, to answer the earlier sleep questions you guys had. I can't speak for the whole group but I could barely sleep at all. Too much excitement, too much to think about, and most importantly, I'm not a good sleeper! I think we all crashed after things were done on Friday (some of us had long travel days), but we did extend the party out by the pool on Saturday. I don't know how late they stayed out. We cut out a little earlier than the rest because we had a super early flight and knew that "Springing Ahead" was going to get us Sunday morning!!

Veronica

Ok FCI group,

We are dying to know how you were treated on April Fools Day by the already prankster prone Abrazo women unsure.gif ......please fill us in.

Sandi

35374[/snapback]

I just posted some of our adventures on the FCI thread (love the acronym Sandi!!).

Also, to answer the earlier sleep questions you guys had. I can't speak for the whole group but I could barely sleep at all. Too much excitement, too much to think about, and most importantly, I'm not a good sleeper! I think we all crashed after things were done on Friday (some of us had long travel days), but we did extend the party out by the pool on Saturday. I don't know how late they stayed out. We cut out a little earlier than the rest because we had a super early flight and knew that "Springing Ahead" was going to get us Sunday morning!!

Veronica

35396[/snapback]

Veronica,

Glad you enjoyed the weekend and welcome to the Abrazo Family.....

It is a great family to belong to.

Can you feel the love.

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Linda

If we let you get some sleep over the weekend, we wouldn't be doing our job...we have to get you ready for those late night feedings.