ORIENTATION

Stork Central

Welcome Melliemoo sounds like orientation will be in San Antonio too ;)

Oh good! The application is in the mail, and I hope we can make May because I'm really eager to get the ball rolling. We have one son who was adopted, via an independent route, and that was so stressful that I really wanted the support of an agency this time.

Mel =)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The May orientation spaces for couples with children had all been filled, but unfortunately, Abrazo did not have sufficient childless applicants so we are having to postpone the orientation that was scheduled for next weekend until a later date (to be announced).

Families with children who have not yet submitted applications will most likely be considered for fall orientation dates, given the number of returning alumni currently awaiting orientation confirmation. (Those who do not wish to wait for event assignments are encouraged to pursue admission into our designated or special needs programs, in the interim.)

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

The May orientation spaces for couples with children had all been filled, but unfortunately, Abrazo did not have sufficient childless applicants so we are having to postpone the orientation that was scheduled for next weekend until a later date (to be announced).

Families with children who have not yet submitted applications will most likely be considered for fall orientation dates, given the number of returning alumni currently awaiting orientation confirmation. (Those who do not wish to wait for event assignments are encouraged to pursue admission into our designated or special needs programs, in the interim.)

Thank you for your patience.

• 1 month later...

Hi All!

This is my first time posting here in the forum.

We sent our application in last week to Abrazo and were told by Audra over a week ago that someone would call us asap and let us know the date of the June orientation weekend.

Well we never got a call from anyone at Abrazo and unfortunately it is now getting so late into June that we doubt my husband will be able to get the time off work. (he'd have to miss a Friday to fly there).

Does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks,

The Yeungs

Hi All!

This is my first time posting here in the forum.

We sent our application in last week to Abrazo and were told by Audra over a week ago that someone would call us asap and let us know the date of the June orientation weekend.

Well we never got a call from anyone at Abrazo and unfortunately it is now getting so late into June that we doubt my husband will be able to get the time off work. (he'd have to miss a Friday to fly there).

Does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks,

The Yeungs

As of last week, Angela had just begun clearing applications for orientation June 26-27, since we'd had to reschedule it previously due to an insufficient number of childless couples. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused anyone. (And for the Yeungs; your application arrived here on Thursday and Angela sent you your registation paperwork for orientation that same day.)

We received our letter to either attend the June or August orientation. I returned the letter and payment the next day, so hopefully we will be attending June orientation. We are childless and ready to get started in our journey to parenthood.

We received our letter to either attend the June or August orientation. I returned the letter and payment the next day, so hopefully we will be attending June orientation. We are childless and ready to get started in our journey to parenthood.

Congratulations!

Welcome to Abrazo Leslie ;)

I was asked about Leakey, Texas. My husband was born and raised here but I was very lucky to move here 4 years ago. We are in the beautiful Texas hill country about 100 miles North West of San Antonio. It is a small tourist town of about 400 but most people live in the county (like us) not within the city limits. The Frio River runs through here and we are about 10 miles north of Garner State Park.

:D

Well I'm officially jealous - it sounds heavenly!! Good luck on your journey - it's one amazing ride!

Welcome smithgonefishin!! Get ready for the weekend! It is a wonderful weekend that you will never forget!! :D Where are you from in the MidWest? Can't wait to follow your journey and hear all about Orientation from all the folks going in June.

Blessings,

Tracey

Welcome smithgonefishin!! Get ready for the weekend! It is a wonderful weekend that you will never forget!! :D Where are you from in the MidWest? Can't wait to follow your journey and hear all about Orientation from all the folks going in June.

Blessings,

Tracey

Hi, we are from Wisconsin. Are you also in the Midwest? Brandy

Brandy,

We are from Western Kentucky. Very west in Kentucky. :D Looking forward to following your journey.

Blessings,

Tracey

Howdie from fellow Wisconsite Abrazo family. You have made a terrific choice in adoption agency. We were in the November 2007 InDecision group and our angel was born in May 2008. We couldn't be happier for you and will love watching your journey to your little one unfold. We are from Green Bay, WI and if we can be of any help along the way, just let us know.

Steve and Patti Chovan

Welcome to Abrazo Brandy ;)

Hi June group! I am so excited for you.

Brandy - We are also with the InDecision group in 07. My family (including our amazing little girl) lives in New Berlin. Where do you live in WI?

We are so excited to hear there are other Abrazo families in Wisconsin! We live in Racine and I grew up in Wausau. It would be great to hear about your journey and would love any suggestions you have for us!! Hope to talk to you soon, Brandy

Find more homestate mentors, HERE!

Abrazo is blessed to have numerous alumni all over America who will gladly take "newbies" under their wing, to offer support and guidance throughout the adoption process.

All they/we ask is that you pay it forward, and extend the same assistance to others once you're home with your new son and/or daughter...

Welcome welcome everyone... someone asked for advice regarding orientation weekend. I just remember showing up in "casual" attire as the papers mentioned and finding out that everyone else defined casual generously more dressy than Ben & I did. (But then again Collin's birthmom and her family both specifically pointed out that they loved that I wore sneakers when we met them so maybe I was on the right track for us after all.)

I personally feel like the concept of orientation weekend and orientation groups is sheer brilliance. No where else did we find this kind of support network that got us through some wild times (and is still there for us). Come ready for the ride of your life and the occassional miracle on earth.

I personally feel like the concept of orientation weekend and orientation groups is sheer brilliance. No where else did we find this kind of support network that got us through some wild times (and is still there for us). Come ready for the ride of your life and the occasional miracle on earth.

We love that last line of your post, Suzi! Very true! :D

For folks who may be wondering about the upcoming orientation schedule: due to the large size of the June 2009 orientation class, the August orientation may necessarily be delayed until September/October, depending on the agency's placement resource needs as of 8/1/09. This is not intended to inconvenience nor discourage anyone, but rather to ensure (as per our policies) that we don't accept more couples than we can reasonably anticipate placing with, within a year's time.

Please call assistant director Angela Martinez at 210/342-5683 with any questions on scheduling and dates for fall/winter 2009.

Blessings,

Tracey

Hi! We are from WI too - Green Bay! Welcome.