Stork Central

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow! I can't believe it is orientation time again! Well, may you attendees get some sleep, for we stickybacks did NOT get any. And...perhaps some of you will learn why we called ourselves the stickybacks...for I don't think it has been revealed on the forum. Not that we want it known; after all, the truth is never as much fun as the theories. :P

Hmmm, knowing another group is in makes me realize our home study should be done by now :huh:

Have a wonderful upcoming weekend with Abrazo. You're lives will never be the same. :D

Definitely get some sleep before you go. It is a wonderful weekend full of a lot laughter, making new friendships that will last a lifetime, and learning more in a weekend than you can imagine. The weekend goes by very quick. Can't wait to hear all about the new group's weekend.

Tracey

• 2 weeks later...
Wow! I can't believe it is orientation time again! Well, may you attendees get some sleep, for we stickybacks did NOT get any. And...perhaps some of you will learn why we called ourselves the stickybacks...for I don't think it has been revealed on the forum. Not that we want it known; after all, the truth is never as much fun as the theories. :P

Hmmm, knowing another group is in makes me realize our home study should be done by now :huh:

We did learn how you got your name, but I won't tell. :P

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Does anyone know when the next orientation is? We sent in our application packet, but we didn't have the letter from the doctor. We now have the hard copy of the letter so I'll get that in the mail today. I'm just hoping we're not too late to be considered for the next orientation.

Thank you,

Lynn

I was just wondering about orientation last night! I was at the session in November and they mentioned that there is a January session...just don't know the exact dates. I hope you get in...it's a blast!

Thank you! That's good to know that there is a January session - I wasn't sure if it would be in January or February. I'm glad to hear that you had fun at the November one! It's always reassuring when you hear that people who have gone before you have had a good time.

Welcome Welcome all you newbies for Jan Orientation! IT's LIFE changing that's for sure :D

Abrazo's assistant director, Angela, is still waiting on the hotel to confirm our requested orientation weekend dates for 2009, so as of yet, there are no scheduled dates, but she will post them here as soon as we know them. For all incoming adoptive families, however, please make note of the changed program fees, as posted on our website (here). Agency fee increases became effective 1/1/09 and impact all applicants still awaiting admission (Parents-in-Waiting already in our program remain subject to the previously-established program fee policies.) Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
Will there be a Jan orientation group? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

• 2 months later...

Fabulous_Las_Vegas_sign.jpg

HOW ABOUT VEGAS, BABY!?!

Due to scheduling complications in the San Antonio market this spring, Abrazo is having to explore the possibility of resuming our regional orientation weekend offerings (as was done until the late 90s), and we're looking into hosting a "destination orientation" the third weekend in May... so stay tuned!

(But if you're just so excited about this prospect that you can't wait to hear from us, send Stork Central a PM saying "count us in!" and we'll see that we do just that.) ;)

VEGAS... what a great idea....!!!!! Can't wait to hear about this more and more!!!! Vegas Babe :D:P:lol:B)

Well of course there are some GREAT families if you go WEST!!!!!!! ;)

Have cooler ......will travel! :D

I wouldn't have minded going to the VEG! I haven't been there in a few years. I have been there three times for national foosball tournaments.

Mark

Soo not fair Elizabeth! I love San Antonio, but orientation in Las Vegas??? Can we come just to hang out with you??? :D

• 2 weeks later...

We are just about to send in our inquiry form, but would love to get into orientation in May if possible. Although I'd prefer it to be in San Antonio since we live in Houston and have an RV, Vegas would cost a lot of money.

Edited by melliemoo

Not to worry... after making dozens of phone calls to numerous Vegas hotels, we were stunned to learn they were less-than-eager to make it financially feasible for Abrazo to do the May orientation out there, so Angela (being the sensible one) has worked her magic to find a way to hold that weekend in good 'ole San Antonio instead... so while what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, what goes on in San Antonio makes parents of all, and that's a jackpot in itself! ;)

Welcome Melliemoo sounds like orientation will be in San Antonio too ;)