Soul / Sole Support

Stork Central

The Easter eggs haven't been dyed (& she's been begging to do that),

37670[/snapback]

Amy,

Two words for you...plastic eggs! biggrin.gif

Ok, so I have a few more words tongue.gif ...you are a great mom and you have A LOT on your plate. Your posts wear me out some times just reading about all you do! Don't be so hard on yourself, let a few things go (something I too have a hard time with, but I'm getting there and it's a liberating thing!!)

Hang in there!

You too, Sabrina! I am in awe of you. You are a great mommy and it shows. Your boys are wonderful. Are there any men in your church who could help out with some of the projects around home. Maybe you could help start a ministry for single moms...okay, not that you need one more thing to do.

Feel free to vent anytime...that's what we're here for.

Susan

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW Sabrina, we missed you in the Chat Room last night. Melissa and Martha were as crazy as ever! laugh.gif

Okay Super MOM,

If you don't let it rip once in a while, then what are we doing here. ???? That is why we are here for eachother, that's what support is for...ummm. I hear you girl, and after I have a spin on "pitty potty" then I remember all the blessings of motherhood and espically single motherhood. Balance is the key, there has to be some downer days to make the good days sweeter...but I hear ya! I have to pay some tool-belt wearing, don't comeon time, over priced guy to come to my house to do just about everything. I can paint, never attempted the outside of a house - buthow hard could it be. Painting party at your house????

Hugs

Sabrina,

I have felt exactly like that. I love being a single mom except when the car isn't running right, the lawn mower won't start, I have a flat tire, or all my friends are having a great time at a get together and my phone rings and something has happened with Nathan that requires me to leave when I really want to stay. I am SO glad that you posted. I have this picture of you as the 100% perfect mom that never gets frazzled, takes her boys on the coolest adventures/explorations, makes sure they are in church on Sunday and alway use their best manners, never lets their hair go too long between cuts and takes the most awesome photos to document it all! I am in awe of you and frankly am glad to know you do have some of the same feelings I do. I love the idea of the painting party that Heidi mentioned. I bet your church would love to come and help you if you provide food and your beautiful smile. Nathan and I painted one of the bathrooms. It is amazing what a little one can do when they think they are helping! And you have two that would love to pitch in. Oh, and by the way, you are QUEEN of the WORLD in your guy's eyes and that makes it all worthwhile. Don't worry about whining. I know exactly how you feel. Everytime I ever make a comment to my mom she always says, "Well. That's what you wanted." Okay, so that's what I wanted, so...................... Do people ever say that to parents with bio kids that complain? NO. So, feel free to vent here anytime. I frankly and glad to hear it cuz it makes me feel more normal! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Love ya, girl!

Jean

Everytime I ever make a comment to my mom she always says, "Well. That's what you wanted." Okay, so that's what I wanted, so...................... Do people ever say that to parents with bio kids that complain?

ABSOLUTELY they do!!! Trust me, none of us are exempt! tongue.gif

Jean,

I am flattered first of all. But, I think that we all try to do everything to make our kids happy, healthy, and overall good people. I don't want to ever portray that I am the perfect mom....just a good mom is fine by me.My boys think more highly of me than I do myself. In my own way I think that is validation that I am doing o.k. biggrin.gif I am so very proud of my guys. I think that single or not we all get overwhelmed. I think that it often hard to express that.

To everyone who responded to my post THANK YOU!

Teyler is with grandma this morning so, Tyson and I have been busy little bees. we got the back deck cleaned and ready to enjoy! I have gotten to the point in my life that I allow myself only a short time to be "down". I am ready to get back on the horse and get things done. tongue.gif The pitty party was yesterday and the"let's enjoy spring break party is today for me and my boys.

I am so glad to have friends on the forum. This is truly my place to come no matter what the emotions..happy, sad, frustrated, elated, curious...you name it.

Thank you Thank you Thank you

Sabrina

I am sooooo excited ! I found a guy to paint my house (very reasonable) and he is almost finished. I have been on Spring Break this week. So, I haven'nt really taken a "break" ...I have been a painting machine. I painted my kitichen cabinets that were white and needed a facelift and replaced all the handles. I painted a bay window trim that was installed...two years ago but, never painted (I know..slow). I painted my front door RED and I love it! I even painted my mailbox! I also install new exterior porch lights on the front and back...and yes they work! Go figure!

My kids are both off to the circus with a friend. She and her mom are going to take them. I am gonna sit on my deck light a few candles and read a book!

Things are looking up!

Sabrina

Here is wishing you a nice peaceful and restful night without kids! You deserve it!

By the way, I have some things that need to be painted. When you get through do you think you can hop on down to TN?? biggrin.gif

Thanks ladies!

I had a great evening. I actually went down the street and had Mexican for dinner. It was amazing how enjoyable a dinner can be without interruptions. I had to take my book there because it started raining. I loved it! I came home and listened to Micheal Buble and Chris Bodi while I continued reading....ahhhhhh ! I hate to admit it but, I almost did'nt know what to do with myself without my guys here. I am not good with alone time..albeit short. I do however, think I might be able to get used to a little more of it!

Sign me relaxed,

Sabrina

Thanks  ladies!

I had a great evening. I actually went down the street and had Mexican for dinner. It was amazing how enjoyable a dinner can be without interruptions.  I had to take my book there because it started raining. I loved it! I came home and listened to Micheal Buble and Chris Bodi while I continued reading....ahhhhhh !  I hate to admit it but, I almost did'nt know what to do with myself without my guys here. I am not good with alone time..albeit short. I do however, think I might be able to get used to a little more of it!

Sign me relaxed,

Sabrina

38718[/snapback]

You go girl! I love the quiet times because you can reflect on the sweetness of mother hood....or then again take 20 minutes and NOT think of mother issues is good too. You work hard ...you getto choose how to enjoy the quiet. Happy House painting

Hello all

Hey Sabrina, Im hoping your day is great today... it was good to see the support... I havent been out here in a few weeks, my computer was on the fritz....but Im waiting anxiously to hear regarding my second big application and potential orientation weekend which I sent in around April 1st. Ive been busy getting everything together for my home study which the 2nd appt is next Tuesday and then the home visit.

I hate this waiting, what if I dont get good news? Did anyone else feel that way??? Im beginning to think this is the start to some anxious waiting....

Best wishes to everyone for a great day....I cant wait to share in more stories with all of you..

Tamara

WHOOOOHOOO! The painter finished my house today! It looks great!

It's the little things in life that get me excited! biggrin.gif

Sabrina

Hello all

Hey Sabrina, Im hoping your day is great today... it was good to see the support... I havent been out here in a few weeks, my computer was on the fritz....but Im waiting anxiously to hear regarding my second big application and potential orientation weekend which I sent in around April 1st. Ive been busy getting everything together for my home study which the 2nd appt is next Tuesday and then the home visit.

I hate this waiting, what if I dont get good news? Did anyone else feel that way??? Im beginning to think this is the start to some anxious waiting....

Best wishes to everyone for a great day....I cant wait to share in more stories with all of you..

Tamara

38742[/snapback]

Hi Tamara,

Glad you got your application in. Its hard to say don't worry ...but I , and the collective we understand the anxiety that starts when youstart the process. Just hang in there and remember to cont to do the stuff you love...For me it was Yoga classes...I miss them and haven't been back since the birth of the boys. So of the next few weeks, fill your self up with those things that just might get backburnned when you child arrives. Orientation followed by placement will be here before you know it

• 2 weeks later...

smile.gif Hello !!!

Thanks for the good words of advice and Im doing just that. I havent received a response but I know they are soo busy.... its only been 5 weeks but I have been working on the homestudy process and only have the home visit left.

I did take a vacation, 6 days to Riveria Maya with some friends which was great.... enjoying long uninterrupted walks and getting caught up with home cleaning and work;;; Nervous about the unknown as Im sure everyone is... But Im so ready and looking forward to being a mom and sharing with all of you...Im so tempted to go shopping and get things set up but dont want to jump the gun to much....

I hope all is well with all of you..Will keep you updated

P.S... Im so happy cause Im navigating this web site easier each time!!!!

Tamara

WElcome back Tamara. I am sure you will hear something soon. I am glad to hear that you are taking care of yourself and getting things done around the house. I know that you will have an incredible journey.

• 5 months later...

I just thought I would add a little note about friendship as a single parent. Friends are wonderful weather you are a single parent or not. However, they become so much more when they are the only "adults" you talk to when you come home at night. I have great friends but, they are all married. My best friend is "attached" and has been for about three years. She, as well as, my other friends are always on a kick to get me a date. I often tend to look for myself.;). The weekends are often just me and the boys doing what we do. I don't go out much but, would often like to. I had a date with a gentleman the other night and on the way there my best friend called and said "Sabrina if the date goes well I will sit the boys sometime this weekend". :blink: She has never offered...my boys can be a hand full when together. I said "thanks but, I am not sure". She let me know that she was serious and that if asked on a second date then I needed to take him up on it. My friends are too cute for words. They always have their eyes peeled for me. I had a great date and AM going out again tonight with him. Thanks to my friend Amy I don't have to try to find a sitter and I can relax because they are with her. Friendship is a wonderful thing. Single moms(and dads) need them to stay sane. Welll mayabe I should have said THIS single mom needs them to stay sane".

Sabrina

Sabrina,

You have some great friends, and I am sure they love that you have ventured back into the dating pool. Have a great time... :lol:

Heidi

Wahoo, Sabrina!

Glad you had a good time. Enjoy this evening too!!

Ya know I find my kiddos do better for EVERYONE else than us :rolleyes: , so here's to praying that T squared will do the same :P .

Update required ya know :D !!