Newsworthy Grandparents

ElizabethAnn

Just thought this online article had some good things to say about why grandparents are so vital to all of us: Why America Needs a First Grandmother

Grandparents are great! My husbands parents love our children. When Brayden first came home. They held him 24/7. I asked if they wanted to put him down for a minute? They said "not while we are here". I'm excited for them to see what a cute little boy Brayden has become when we see them at Christmas.

Brayden's birthgrandmother is also wonderful at keeping in touch. She has sent the kids three or four huge boxes of loot since we last say her in June during finalization. She has taken in Katelyn and Emelie as her own. It makes us happy to see our children having these connections.

Grandparents help us feel safe and connected.

Heather :)

• 4 years later...

Not too sure if this is where to post this but I wanted to share.

Alexander is loved by so many people. Our parents love him to bits! He loves going to their houses for a visit and he loves when Kevin parents are in from Scotland.

I adored my Grandparents. They loved and supported all of their grandkids. They came to our concerts, our sporting events, our recitals and took us for ice cream when our report cards came out. Alexander is named after our Grandfathers (Alexander-Kevin's Grandpa's first name, Brown was my Grandad's last name).

My Dad decided last year he wanted to honor his parents through a scholarship fund set-up at our old high school (My parents graduated from there and so did me and all of my siblings). My Grandparents believed in higher education a great deal. They were not able to help my Dad monetarily but they supported him through love, prayer and encouragement.

Here's what my Dad sent me this morning. I will admit that I got chocked up reading it. As I really do think my Grandparents are my angels.

Just got a call from the High school.

John will be the First recipient of the Frances and Joseph Adams Hispanic Scholarship $1,000 Award. He is in all advanced classes and activities.

The guidelines for the award scholarship goes to the Hispanic with the Highest GPA. The Scholarship ceremony is May 23 and Elissa will be presenting the award.

John is Hispanic and He is Adopted

I think this is Grandma and Popo blessing Alexander and giving their love to both of you for adopting Alexander and being wonderful and loving parents!!!

Not too sure if this is where to post this but I wanted to share.

Alexander is loved by so many people. Our parents love him to bits! He loves going to their houses for a visit and he loves when Kevin parents are in from Scotland.

I adored my Grandparents. They loved and supported all of their grandkids. They came to our concerts, our recitals and took us for ice cream when our report cards came out. Alexander is named after our grandfathers (Alexander-Kevin's Granpa's first name, Brown was my Grandad's last name).

My Dad decided last year he wanted to honor his parents through a scholarship fund set-up at our old high school (My parents graduated from there and so did me and all of my siblings). My Grandparents believed in higher education a great deal. They were not able to help my Dad monetarily but they supported him through love, prayer and encouragement.

Here's what what my Dad sent me this morning. I will admit that I got chocked up reading it. As I really do think my Grandparents are my angels.

Just got a call from the High school.

John will be the First recipient of the Frances and Joseph Adams Hispanic Scholarship $1,000 Award. He is in all advanced classes and activities.

The guidelines for the award scholarship goes to the Hispanic with the Highest GPA. The Scholarship ceremony is May 23 and Elissa will be presenting the award.

John is Hispanic and He is Adopted

I think this is Grandma and Popo blessing Alexander and giving their love to both of you for adopting Alexander and being wonderful and loving parents!!!

Ok, that choked me up, too. :wub:

Thanks to all three generations of parents in the Adams family who are making a difference, in the lives of our children.

I agree that education is an important way to give back to society.

Thanks for sharing this news.

Karen

How special and uplifting! I as well got choked up reading it.

• 9 months later...

Ok, I'm so excited! My Dad and my Step-Mom just closed on their new home. They will live about 30 to 45 minutes from us (It's Houston so there is always traffic :) ).

I can't believe that they are leaving their hometown. I was so surprised when they told us a year ago that they were looking to build a house near Houston. They have pretty much lived there their whole entire lives but they wanted to live closer to their kids and their grandsons.

My nephews and Alexander adore them, so it will be very nice to have them close by.

Ok, I'm so excited! My Dad and my Step-Mom just closed on their new home. They will live about 30 to 45 minutes from us (It's Houston so there is always traffic :) ).

I can't believe that they are leaving their hometown. I was so surprised when they told us a year ago that they were looking to build a house near Houston. They have pretty much lived there their whole entire lives but they wanted to live closer to their kids and their grandsons.

My nephews and Alexander adore them, so it will be very nice to have them close by.

I know you are excited Leah!

Maybe we will see you all more often now that you have a great excuse to be down our way more often ;)

Monica-

Yes, I hope we'll get to visit with y'all more, too. I think Alexander will be staying with them one day a week starting in May or June. So we'll around there a lot more starting this Summer.

Leah x

• 1 year later...

Alexander attended a birthday party on Saturday, which led to a discussion of his birthday in October of this year (He talks about his birthday a lot ;-) ).

Anyway, the last 2 years my Dad has booked a character as a surprise for Alexander. For his second birthday, Elmo came for a visit and last year, it was Batman.

Alexander asked how his Papo was able to find Batman for his Birthday. Kevin told him that Papo used the Batman signal to request that he attend his grandson's birthday.

So Alexander asked if Papo could use his Batman signal to ask Spiderman to please come to his 4th birthday. Too cute!

So yes, Alexander thinks His Papo knows Batman personally.

• Upvote 1