Thinking Of Adoption & Live Near Memphis?

tropicalsmootie

Christ United Methodist Church, located at 4488 Poplar Avenue, is hosting the “Hearts For Adoption” series each Wednesday evening at 6:30 p.m. through November 20th. It is a FREE series and the public is invited to come to any and all nights of interest. Although I am not a member of this particular church, I've spoken there before. Nice folks & won't try to guilt you into coming back...very welcoming environment.

Leslie & I will be sharing our story on Wednesday the 16th...the journey, the process, and probably a few words about an agency we're kind of partial to. ;)

Among the featured speakers throughout the series are an adoption attorney and a licensed clinical social worker. Discussions will also cover domestic & international adoptions.

Here's the link to more info: http://www.cumcmemphis.org/adoption

We've also got details and a flyer on our website as well.

Events like these help answer some general questions to help you make some informed decisions, but it is by no means a substitute for what you'll learn at Orientation Weekend.

-Tim

• Upvote 2

Kevin and I took a similar class in January 2011. It was a great way to meet other people in the Houston area and also, hear from professionals about adoption.

I hope that this class is a success for all the people who attend.

• Upvote 1

Christ United Methodist Church, located at 4488 Poplar Avenue, is hosting the “Hearts For Adoption” series each Wednesday evening at 6:30 p.m. through November 20th. It is a FREE series and the public is invited to come to any and all nights of interest. Although I am not a member of this particular church, I've spoken there before. Nice folks & won't try to guilt you into coming back...very welcoming environment.

Leslie & I will be sharing our story on Wednesday the 16th...the journey, the process, and probably a few words about an agency we're kind of partial to. ;)

Among the featured speakers throughout the series are an adoption attorney and a licensed clinical social worker. Discussions will also cover domestic & international adoptions.

Here's the link to more info: http://www.cumcmemphis.org/adoption

We've also got details and a flyer on our website as well.

Events like these help answer some general questions to help you make some informed decisions, but it is by no means a substitute for what you'll learn at Orientation Weekend.

-Tim

Tim,

This is wonderful that you will be sharing your story. I believe at events like these it is always important for someone who truly knows the importance of open adoption to speak. I hope it goes well, and that you can help at least one family understand the importance of what we do at Abrazo.

• Upvote 1

Thanks! Glad to get in front of an audience willing to listen to our story.

I know orientation jusssst ended, but has a date been confirmed or considered (that I can tell the audience about) for when the next orientation weekend might be held? If not, no biggie. I can just tell them they should start on paperwork right away, so they could be sitting in San Antonio soon after the first of the year.

• Upvote 1

I know orientation jusssst ended, but has a date been confirmed or considered (that I can tell the audience about) for when the next orientation weekend might be held? If not, no biggie. I can just tell them they should start on paperwork right away, so they could be sitting in San Antonio soon after the first of the year.

I love the thought of a bigger Memphis crowd. We've been so blessed recently with families who attend gatherings and get the kids together and I'd love to see that circle grow even bigger!!

• Upvote 2

Yes, please feel free to share with them our next orientation date! It will be taking place on December 6th and 7th :)