Baby Announcements 2003

Stork Central

To our fellow Abrazados,

Welcome to the ranks of the sleepless but joyful.  We are so very excited for you and so very impressed with your wonderful birth family.

60% completion rate is pretty good, even for quarterbacks, so keep up the faith you remaining couples (and expect a wild ride, Croptoberfesters).  

Of course, all these placements are a credit to the hard work and genuine care and concern of the wonderful Abrazo ladies.  We are more than thankful for all you do.

Love,

Christina

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in time for the best parties of the year, the last of the Holiday Hopefuls (12/02) have taken placement of a precious and tiny baby girl, born just three days ago. They'd adopted a son elsewhere several years back, and thus had time to wait (and lucky for them that they did, because otherwise they would have missed out on the perfect angel for this year's Christmas tree.) Our heartiest congratulations to all the finished families of our Holiday Hopefuls' weekend ten months back; may they (and those brave birthparents who powered these homecomings) enjoy the most joyous of holidays this year, and their little ones, as well.

Congratulations to all the Holiday Hopefuls and their familes.

Y'all are a special Orientation group because while we were in the process of getting to know our precious baby Kayleigh (she was born Thurs, 12/5 and we were in Austin to meet her on Sat, 12/7) - y'all were in San Antonio at your Orientation.  I think y'all were even there when the Abrazo angels made that call to us on Saturday to give us the wonderful news that we were indeed going to be Kayleigh's parents.  And my apologies for all those interruptions - I think Elizabeth and I spoke probably every 30 minutes that weekend (well, maybe I'm exagerrating but there was so much going on - I know we spoke quite a bit!! )

Anyway - I've always felt a neat connection with you all even though I've never met or spoken with you (at least I don't think I've spoken to any of you yet) and I'm so glad to hear that you all now have your little ones with you all safe and sound.

Here's to wishing you all a very Merry Christmas this year - it will be quite different from your last Christmas, that's for sure.  Kayleigh came home with us to Seattle on Christmas eve so even though we were officially a family last Christmas - it was such a whirlwind and the three weeks prior to Christmas were spent in Texas - mostly in the hospital - then a few days at my mom's house before flying home on what was the best flight I've ever had in my life.  So, anyway - we're looking forward to a very special Christmas this year too!

Congratulations once again!!  So glad to hear the wonderful news!!

Lisa

Hello to all,

It's so nice to hear everyone is moving a long with things and good news to be had by all.

We were excited that we finally met our BP (very pretty) and had dinner with her.  It was a good night with the occasional "pregnant pause" but all in all nice evening.  Have spoken with her a few times since and hope to have dinner again sometime soon.

We are lucky to live in the area and drop by a weekly gift for her to let her know we are thinking about her.  This week huge chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and sugar cookies.  She can share. :p  It also allows us to say hi to the office staff and chat a bit.  Hi Angela!

It sounds as though the "Five Abrazados" are moving along at lightening speed (with us as the exception, of course).  We hope that our group will be completed by the end of Dec and we can all unite at the Camp Abrazo.  

Have spent some time and sweat cleaning out the nursery-to-be room.  Haven't decided on decor, so to speak, until we find out the sex of the baby.  I'm excited for either - okay, secretly hoping for a girl, but will love either one.  

Good wishes and hugs to all.

S&L

And for another of our Five Abrazados (8/03), another precious baby boy to welcome and celebrate!!

Our warmest greetings to this new little citizen of the world, and much love to the three parents who joined hands and hearts to provide him with the kind of joyous homecoming every little one deserves! Congratulations, all. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.

So, now it's a tie.  Two girls and two boys.  It will be up to our last blessed couple to break the tie.  

Congratulations fellow Abrazados!!

Wishing all of you joy and sleep,

Robert and Christina

Hi all!

Just wanted to check in while the little one was sleeping and we were awake!  

Andrew James came into our world on October 23rd (one day after his daddy's b-day) at 9: 02 AM wieghing 7lb 1oz and 20 inches long!  We were at the hospital and were able to see him just moments after he was born!  We were there for the weight, his first bath, and his first bottle!

Saturday we got to bring him to our temporary home!  Very scary, but very fun!

Our birthmother is doing well.  We are in contact with her every day!  She has been incredibile!  Our relationship has grown so much over the past several weeks and we look forward to the future with her.  I don't think she will ever know how much she has done, but we will try for the rest of our lives to let her know.

A big thanks to Abrazo and especially Pamela!  Great job!

I hope everyone is doing fine!  S&L, now it is your turn!  Enjoy every moment!  It will all happen so fast.  It may not seem that way now, but just wait!

Well, I need to get back to being a mommy!  Everyone have a great week!

Lisa, Jim, and Andrew

Woohoo!! Congratulations Lisa & Jim!  You Abrazados are just moving right along!!  How wonderful!!

Thanks so much for the update Lisa - it's always so exciting to find out who it was and how they're doing.

Best wishes to you and your newest family member and also to his special birthmother - you are so, so, so fortunate to have her in your lives and to be building this special relationship together - what a blessed little guy Andrew James is!!

Happy Mommying.....

:D Lisa C.

Extra, Extra... Read all about it!! Hot off the press: one of our Croptoberfest Crew couples is making headlines, as they returned to Texas today, just 19 days after attending our October orientation! to add a bouncing baby boy to their already-beautiful family portrait!! (And they weren't the first of the Croptoberfest families to match, either, so the big news is that this latest orientation group appears to be moving along  nearly as quickly as the one before them.) What's important, of course, isn't the speed of the process but the success of the plan, because "happy endings" are really only the beginning for all these precious little Abrazotots. And that, as Paul Harvey would put it, is "the rest of the story!!!" Congratulations, all!

Whoweeeeeee

Things are moving a long for everyone...amazing!  Rest up now is the statement we keep hearing and we hope by end of Dec/early Jan we have our little one.  Perhaps best timing...after holidays and ready for New Year.  

Congrats to all

S&L :p

Wowie zowie! One month ago today, a childless couple from Arizona was sitting in a circle getting acquainted with other prospective clients at our October orientation... and tonight, these members of the Croptoberfest Crew are sitting in a hotel room in west Texas, admiring their newborn son as they revel in their new role as parents (and count and recount ten adorable little fingers and toes.) We wish them unnumbered blessings in their new lives together... and we salute all our beloved parents-in-waiting for their rigor and readiness as they wait for the "right" one to come along for them, as well.

A big congratulations to the newest member of the Croptoberfest Crew to become parents!!!  Fast huh!!??!!

Enjoy every moment and GET YOUR SLEEP when he sleeps!!

Everyone else hang in there and enjoy your time without a little one.  It is great to have them, but definitely different.  I love it and so will you!!!  I can't stand to even put him down.  I don't want to miss a facial expression.

Well, I need to get back to him.  Coohs await!

Lisa V

Just a quick "Bienvenidos!" to the newest of our families to soon be welcoming home precious new sons and daughters: our latest orientation grads are The Peterectors of 11/03, those hearty souls who braved a post-midnight bedtime this past Friday evening to launch their psychological pregnancies and begin their own joyous journeys towards parenthood. Happy Trails, Y'all!

Welcome to the Peterectors!

We really enjoyed meeting all of you. I can not express how excited we are for you! Thank you for allowing David and I to share our wonderful story!  We hope to keep in touch with you as you fullfill your destiny to parenthood!

Bienvenidos!

By the way Alec did say Abrazo es numero uno at the party on Sunday for Spencer!

Love,

The Miles  :)

Welcome Peterecters!!  Here's wishing you all a fabulous holiday season...this time last year, I remember posting a little post saying something about wondering whether or not this would be our last Christmas where I put the tree up without the pitter patter of little feet........Well, this year...I'm trying to decide if I CAN put a tree up with the pitter patter of a 1 year old toddling about and exploring EVERYTHING she can get her hands on.  So...just think...this time next year - you will probably have 1 additional place setting at your dinner table on Thanksgiving and Christmas!!

By the way - I'd love to know how y'all came up with your group's name......?  I take it someone's husband is named Peter?

Please introduce yourselves if you get the chance - there's a topic under Joyous Journeys called, "Which/When Orientation Were you In?"  

Happy Holidays!!

Lisa :D