Baby Announcements 2004

Stork Central

Congrats to both Fab 9 couples on their placements (us being one of them  :) ) Our baby is not quite in our hotel room yet but still in the NICU. The doctor thinks he will go 'home' Monday or Tuesday. He is gorgeous (looks just like his birthbrother!!;) his birthparents are just as enchanted by him as we are and we are enjoying our time with them. We will send all the details later.

Wishing all of you fab 9er's speedy placements.....

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S and K in SA

Hey all,

I'm sitting here (at home, whew!;) typing with MY SON cradled in my arms and I feel like the most blessed woman in the world.  Logan James is a true miracle. He's patient with our developing new parent skills, and calmly gazes at us as if to say, "Relax Mom and Dad..it's cool!"

Scott and I are so grateful to our new loving birthparents--you are so brave, to Angela and everyone else at Abrazo for having faith in us even when we did not have much faith in ourselves, and finally to Debra and Sydney for loving us first and teaching us so much-- as we celebrate Logan, we will are thinking of/loving/missing you both.

And thanks to the Forum for your words of encouragement.  They meant (and mean) so much  

Love , Karen and Scott

Your post brough chills to me.  God bless all of those mentioned in your post and know that all of us out here in forum land are very moved and elated by your journey.

Hugs,

Jean and Nathan

Guest cathyskala

CONGRATULATIONS fellow Fab Niner's Jay & Jeanette and Scott & Karen!!!!  Shane and I are so thrilled for you (as we are for all Abrazo families)...we can't wait to hear the details and see photos!!!  Maya especially would like to check out the new males in her life :) !! Enjoy every moment...even the sleepless ones.  Will write more later.  Cath

Congrats to the Fab Nine group members!

Karen and Scott, we are so happy for you two.  As you said, you have to have faith and God will provide.  We hope all continues to go well.  

Jay and Jeanette, we are so happy for you as well.  We hope you bundle of joy gets to go home with you today.  We will continue to pray for you guys.

Brandee and Craig

Congratulations fellow Fab Niners!  We are so excited for both you especially since the roller coaster ride you've been through already.

We can't wait to see pictures!

Love,

Keith and Erika

Congratulations to ALL you new parents out there and the Againers, too.  You haven't identified yourselves yet Againers, I'd love to know who the happy family is.  Ten years later, this wonderful agency never ceases to amaze me!  Happy baby watching to all of you !  I know your hearts are melting everytime they take a breath, or look into your eyes, or coo at you!  God has certainly already blessed us all!  I remember it well ...  :D

Guest Julia and Christian's mom

Hi!

We thought we should finally make the time to identify ourselves.  We are the Wilkerson family.  About 16 months ago we were blessed with our first little angel, Julia Grace on New Years Eve. As we were preparing for Julia's first Christmas and her first birthday.  We received a phone call from her birthmom who stated she was pregnant again and was hoping Brad and I could adopt this new baby on the way.  It was definately unexpected, but we did not hesitate for a second.  We found out it was a boy and we were so excited.  Christian was born on April 1st and we so thrilled.  I can't believed how life has changed for us.  It's amazing to think of the disappointment and pain we were feeling before Julia Grace came to us and now God continues to bless our lives daily with the gift of these siblings.  Julia is so fond of him.  She kisses him at least 100 times a day and she tickles his feet and is always checking on him.  And he just sits and watches with this content look on his face.  I first felt so lucky to have Julia in my life and now to have a complete family with a girl and boy is beyond a dream come true for us!

A huge thanks always go out to the wonderful people at Abrazo who make amazing things happen and the admiration and gratitude I feel for Julia and Christian's birthparents is beyond words.  They are some of the most courageous people I know and I keep them in my prayers daily.

Enza Wilkerson

Guest Julia and Christian's mom

Just to clarify, we are who stork central called the Againers.  I know we adopted three wanted to know.

Best of luck to you Kim and Gary.  Just remember stay calm and enjoy every minute.

Enza

Guest cathyskala

Congrats Kim & Gary...I'm sure your little bundle is already here by now.  How very exciting, can't wait to hear details.  What a busy couple weeks for the Fab Nine...the miracles just keep coming.

Also, congratulations Enza...what a difference a couple of years, and a very special birthmom, can make!! :)

Cath

Hello everyone and fellow Forresters!!!

What a couple of week's it has been.  We took placement of our little girl April 21; only having attended Orientation in March.  So keep the faith and hang on for the ride Sugarfamily, your dreams of becoming a family are right around the corner.

Alana Gail was born on April 17, 12:19 am, weighing 7 lbs 4 ozs, measuring 19.3 inches in length.  As of right now, we do not have any direct contact with her BP; but do have contact with her best friend.  We pray everyday and ask that you do as well for God to give our BP the strength she needs to make it through this difficult time.  We have faith and know in due time, everything will work out.

Alana is the apple of our eye.  She is everything we ever dreamed of and more.  She loves her daddy and mama.  She is sleeping pretty good at night only waking up 2 or 3 times; taking a warm bottle and falling right back to sleep.  We go to the doctor tomorrow for her two week check up.  I will be off work at least six weeks, maybe longer.  Doug was able to take this week off as well to spend time with us - our little family.  Well, I hear daddy calling - Alana has woken up and wants to see her mommy.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for all the words of encouragement and support you have given us.  Little did we know this past February with our first post, would our little girl be in our arms today.

And a special thanks to Elizabeth and Angela.  We had somewhat of a bumpy ride during the last two weeks, but do believe God has a reason for everyone.  Thanks for your understanding and helping us through.

Doug, Rhonda, and Alana

We were very excited to hear from Rhonda and Doug today about Alana's arrival and receive confirmation that there really were two different placements for the Forrestears last week!  

Fantastic!  Amazing!  Wow!

Already half of the families from the 3/04 orientation class have now had placements!

Thank you, Abrazo!  We're sending another adoptive family your way soon, so keep doing what you're doing!

Larisa, George & Forrest

aka the "exclamation point" family!

Congratulations Doug and Rhonda! I love hearing stories like yours. Enjoy this time at home with your precious Alana - I hear they grow up fast!  ;)

Linda

Our latest Againers to take the Texas trek a third time know for sure that everything happens for a reason. Originally, this Tennessee couple came to Abrazo having birthed a biological daughter and then having had secondary infertility. They endured a failed adoption plan then went on to successfully take placement of a newborn baby girl. They returned for orientation last fall, and were chosen quickly thereafter by a birthmom who'd already delivered a baby boy, whom they joyfully took home with them, assuming their family was now complete. God knew better, however, and today, they're back, welcoming their fourth (and final?) child into their family--the newborn bio-brother of their Texas-born daughter!! We wish them plenty of sleep while they await Compact approval, because once home with four busy children, they'll surely need their rest! Congratulations and best wishes to all!

• 3 weeks later...

Hip, hip, hooray! We've been so excited about getting the word out--while the Forum was out of commission, the Abrazo crew was still hard at work (of course) and we've got two happy new homecomings to announce!!

They set a new record for talking with more birthparents than anybody else and taking longer to find the "right one", but these againers from our Sleepless in San Antonio weekend of 4/02 were so enamored with their firstborn Abrazo son, they just weren't in any hurry. Sure enough, a second baby son was just waiting for them to be ready when he was...and his wonderful birthfamily was well worth the wait, inviting the adoptive parents to be there for the birth and graciously sharing every moment of the baby's first days. This was not a simple transaction for either couple, but rather, a carefully-constructed plan, ensuring a happily-ever-after future for this lucky little son whose future they're now privileged to share. Congrats to both extraordinary sets of parents!

And Happy Placement Day! to our newest set of parents, a couple of Forumites who'd suffered a recent setback but got right back up, dusted themselves off and jumped back on the horse in record time. These Fab Niners of 1/04 had just barely gotten home from their "dress rehearsal," yet gladly sprinted back to Texas in record time, upon learning of a brand new birthmom down South who'd chosen them and then delivered within a matter of days! And so we send loving "welcome to the world" greetings to their newborn son and the phenomenal woman who made this miracle possible for them. Kudos!

Finally, holler "howdy-do!" to our most recent orientation graduates, the Tremendous Ten, who attended our Parents of Tomorrow event this past weekend and are getting their profiles and homestudies done, pronto!! Wishing all our parents-in-waiting wind in their sails as they embark on this most joyous adventure.

We can only guess which Fab Niners just became parents - we are very happy to hear this wonderful news! Another boy for the Fab Nine - We see a trend here - Amaya - so many choices! Please let us know all the details as soon as possible.

Love Beth, Paul and Matthew.

Congrats and welcome to little Jacob! We are so excited for you guys. Please let us know all the details (how big, birthday etc) soon we are dying to know. And yes I just counted 4 boys and 1 girl for the fab 9! When we all become againers together maybe it will reverse!

PS We want to know where the new daddy is going to become a dr!

Guest Cath & Shane

YEAH Fab Nine...I'm so excited that another couple has placed. I've been anxious for the Forum to be back in commission to hear all the latest news! Can't wait to hear details from our newest set of parents. Good luck to all awaiting placements and a big thanks to all those wonderful birthparents helping make our families complete.

Congratulations fellow Fab Niner! We can't wait to see pictures of the latest new family!

Keith and Erika