NEW PARENTS NEEDED!

Stork Central

How COOL is that... passing the word to a couple in mind locally in SA

3) young (under 32),

I guess this means that I will officially be old on August 30th. Or flipping that around - I always swore to myself that I would never be an "old" mother sounds like I met my goal (barely).

ha ha ha

3) young (under 32),

I guess this means that I will officially be old on August 30th. Or flipping that around - I always swore to myself that I would never be an "old" mother sounds like I met my goal (barely).

ha ha ha

Oh Suzy I know what you mean. I said the same thing because my parents were on the older side when my sister and I came along. Never say never. :lol:

Jan

3) young (under 32),

ha ha ha

Oh Suzy I know what you mean. I said the same thing because my parents were on the older side when my sister and I came along. Never say never. :lol:

Jan

You hit it on the head!! I had older parents too. I have to keep reminding myself that it's a whole 'nother thing to have your 5th, 6th and 7th at 38, 39 and 41 vs. having a 1st at any of those ages or at 31. My parents were very tired.

3) young (under 32),

ha ha ha

Jan

You hit it on the head!! I had older parents too. I have to keep reminding myself that it's a whole 'nother thing to have your 5th, 6th and 7th at 38, 39 and 41 vs. having a 1st at any of those ages or at 31. My parents were very tired.

I remember when all my friend's parents were turning 40 my parents were turning 50. At least we had alot of fun when we were growing up. All my friends loved hanging out with my parents. Sadly Jackson and Annie will have parents turning alot older than 50 when their friend's parents are turning 40 <_<:P

Jan

3) young (under 32),

ha ha ha

Jan

I HAD to jump in here! I was 6 wks shy of 42 and Bart was right at 44 when Layna was born and it's the BEST being this age with a toddler! I KNOW we have so much more patience, time, resources, and so much more of everything at this age than we would have had even ten yrs ago. AGE is an ATTITUDE and we are looking forward to doing this again......at 44 and 46 now! :D OLD parent unite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya, Sister English! I definitely belong to the "Old Parents Club" (and I'm just senile enough to think I'm a pretty cool mom at the ripe old age of forty-something!) ;)

I definitely have more patience than I would have had I parented in my twenties, although I don't have the energy I probably did back then.

But for many of the expectant parents who come to us, our adopting parents are as old or older than their parents, and they just don't see that as "optimal"... however charming I am in my efforts to persuade them otherwise!

I know, I know! :rolleyes: We are about the same age as Layna's grandparents and "A" views this as much more stability than people her age have (in general) so I guess you can view it many different ways. I WILL say that chasing a toddler has helped (OK, CAUSED) me to lose right at 40 lbs since her birth so THAT'S a good thing!

I do wish that placing expectant parents would be able to look at many different sides. If Bart and I had been in this position to adopt 10 yrs ago I know we would have been fine at it but we were also very involved in growing our careers and we would not have had the luxury of staying home with her. We were also both pretty stressed about careers and so many other things that you think you have to worry about at that age (early 30's). Now we know we can relax and SHE is our priority. PERIOD. We don't have to have all the stuff. We don't stress about the small things. We live each day for our family. I'm on a rant now but it works for our family. Maybe Bart and I were just late bloomers? :lol: But I'm hoping she will keep us young!

Keep charming 'em! :D

Denver and I will be right there with the "Old Parents". I too feel that we have more patiences and look at things differently than when we were younger. I think some things that were such a big deal, are so much a big deal now. If that makes any sense. Our focus will be on our he/she when they find us. :D I know family is the focus of all the families on the forum, otherwise we wouldn't be on here. lol There are days when I think I am ??? years old and think I don't feel that old. lol I think our child we keep us young and active. So, I am 41 and still looking so forward to being a mommy. :D

Tracey

I do wish that placing expectant parents would be able to look at many different sides. If Bart and I had been in this position to adopt 10 yrs ago I know we would have been fine at it but we were also very involved in growing our careers and we would not have had the luxury of staying home with her. We were also both pretty stressed about careers and so many other things that you think you have to worry about at that age (early 30's). Now we know we can relax and SHE is our priority. PERIOD. We don't have to have all the stuff. We don't stress about the small things. We live each day for our family. I'm on a rant now but it works for our family. Maybe Bart and I were just late bloomers? :lol: But I'm hoping she will keep us young!

I love being a stay a home mama. Donna, it's well said..... the luxury of this life is so worth it.

Like I said it's VERY different having your 5th, 6th and 7th children at 40ish. My parents had been parenting for 20 YEARS before I arrived. Enough said. Now back to regularly scheduled programming of finding childless couples in Texas and/or hispanic and/or.... (can't remember the list)

I think it's all about variety. In asking for "young" parents in waiting, Abrazo is simply stating that their shelves are stocked with seasoned folks and they want to offer enough choices to prospective birthmoms. To some age won't matter, to others it will but being able to offer them the choice is what makes Abrazo unique!

I completely understand why birthparents might want younger parents for their children. However, given that people typically don't marry these days until at least their late 20's and then wait awhile before trying to have kids, then go through several years of infertility before realizing they need to look at other options....it seems unrealistic to think there are a bunch of couples under the age of 32 who even qualify for adoption (taking all the above into consideration plus adding in the financial requirements for many adoptions). Not to say there aren't any, but I would think the majority of people trying to adopt are in their early- to mid-thirties or beyond.

NEEDED: A homestudied Muslim couple for a multi-racial baby girl, already born!!

If you know of practicing Muslims who are seeking to adopt and have already completed a homestudy, please have them forward a copy of their homestudy and their "Dear Birthparent" profile to Abrazo at once! Time is of the essence.

Thanks so much!

I hope someone within our Abrazo network knows someone who can welcome this little girl into their home! Get the word out ya'll!

We just made a call to a friend of friend in the Dallas area which might consider this situation. :)

I have wanted to be a mother for as long as I can remember. The desire is still there at forty-something. Life did not bring me to motherhood until now so I know in God's timing it will all work out. I believe that birthmothers have to make decisions based on what they feel is right. If a younger age is a factor for them then that's okay. Everyone is different and the next birthmother may not think it's an issue at all. As Elizabeth says, "It's not if, but when." I choose to remember that and know that one day a wonderful birthmother will choose Curtis and me to parent her child.

My forty-something life is really good!!!

Penny

You are exactly right, Penny. I was 42 when I brought Nathan home. Yes, I'm tired and probably not as active as I would have been at 22 or even 32, but I am exactly where God wanted me to be to parent Nathan. And the same is true for you and Curtis.

NEEDED: A homestudied Muslim couple for a multi-racial baby girl, already born!!

If you know of practicing Muslims who are seeking to adopt and have already completed a homestudy, please have them forward a copy of their homestudy and their "Dear Birthparent" profile to Abrazo at once! Time is of the essence.

Thanks so much!

Can the family already have children? I know of two wonderful doctors here that are looking to adopt!

I have wanted to be a mother for as long as I can remember. The desire is still there at forty-something. Life did not bring me to motherhood until now so I know in God's timing it will all work out. I believe that birthmothers have to make decisions based on what they feel is right. If a younger age is a factor for them then that's okay. Everyone is different and the next birthmother may not think it's an issue at all. As Elizabeth says, "It's not if, but when." I choose to remember that and know that one day a wonderful birthmother will choose Curtis and me to parent her child.

Penny

Penny,

You have the right attitude. I think there is someone out there that is the right match for all of us. There have to be so many factors that go into a birthmothers decision and only they know which ones are the most important to them. I know one of my concerns is that we live in North Dakota and it has a reputation for being a "little cold" at times and that it may seem to be so far away for visitations etc. to a birthmother, but there isn't anything we can do about it (except move of course, which I think Lynn would like Texas). So we are just going to put out there who we are and let the chips fall where they may. The perfect match is out there, its only a matter of time.

Brent

Brent, you have the right attitude, too! There was a lot of talk previously in this thread about how childless couples are vastly preferred by expectant moms. I guess, statistically, that's true! However, we did already have a two year old when an expectant mom chose us. Shortly after the birth of her/our son, we told her that we had been prepared to wait a very long time to be chosen and she said (rather surprised at this fact!), "I liked knowing that you were already parents and doing a good job!" So, you never know what will be meaningful to a given set of biological parents. It seems like Abrazo attracts the right kind of adoptive families and there are always expectant moms who find just what they're looking for here. So cool to see how God puts people together!

Our birthmother wanted a family with children because she was an only child. I cannot see Brayden as an only child. He loves his sisters. It was fun to watch them all dancing tonight together.

Heather :)

Penny

Well said Penny, I choose to believe that different birth mothers want and need different adoptive parents for many different reasons. We all have to wait for our perfect birth mother.

Teresa <_<

You are right, Teresa. That is what makes open adoption so cool. A real fit between both families is the goal. Abrazo has an advantage, though. They know the moms that they are working with and their "requirements" and they also know the intake or informal calls they've had with expectant moms and what they are looking for. Because of this, Abrazo knows the families that will be needed for possible future placements and they "shop", if you will, for a pool of potential adoptive parents that will fill the bill. I hope this is coming out right. In the end, I believe every family will place if they stay the course. Not if, but when. The perspectives that you have are very positive and right on. You never know when you'll receive the call that changes your life forever!

I sent a KS couple your way...thier inquiry should be there any day!! :)