NEW PARENTS NEEDED!

Stork Central

CHILDLESS COUPLES NEEDED! (Particularly Texans!)

It's a nice problem to have, but a problem nonetheless... Abrazo has gotten a number of calls lately from expectant parents wanting the baby they place to be a family's first! and a particular number of them are hoping to find childless couples across Texas, but as of today, Abrazo has only 3 homestudy-ready childless couples still waiting to match/place, and nice as they are, that's far too few to meet the varying needs and preferences of our prospective birthparent callers.

If you know of a great couple who would be an awesome choice for an open adoption, please send them our way! Our next scheduled orientation is in February 2013, but send 'em now and who knows? You could be the reason lives change for the better in 2013!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

NEEDED: Emotionally-stable, financially-secure, medically-infertile childless couples for our February orientation! Abrazo is blessed to have plenty of againers at present, but we need some newbies (especially Texans) to fulfill the expectations of prospective birthparents looking to place and hoping for their child to be an adoptive family's "firstborn." Contact Brianna for more information, or submit an Adoptive Parent Inquiry form (available on Abrazo's website) today!

Hi! We sent our application in and would love to get invited to the Orientation! Can't wait to hear the news soon so we can get out plane tickets. Looking forward to getting started!

Yay! Hope you hear something soon!

Hi! We sent our application in and would love to get invited to the Orientation! Can't wait to hear the news soon so we can get out plane tickets. Looking forward to getting started!

Welcome to the forum, I hope you hear something soon !!

Welcome to the forum! Hope you hear something soon. We are attending the Feb orientation, so we hope to meet you there. What part of the country are you from and is this your first time adopting? Glad to see you on the forum before orientation... there is so much information here.

• Upvote 1

Thank you! We really hope to hear something soon. It feels great to be moving forward. Yes, this is our first time adopting and we are so excited!!! I look at the forum a lot. Once I figured out how to navigate through it, it's a piece of cake with a ton of info. Hopefully we will hear something soon and can start making plans...we will be coming from Denver.

• Upvote 1

Bandtmccrory, welcome! We're glad you're excited! Your application just arrived in yesterday's mail, so give us a little time to review it, and Brianna will surely be in touch. ;)

• 4 months later...

We hate to sound like a broken record, but WE NEED CHILDLESS COUPLES, ESPECIALLY THOSE FROM TEXAS!

The majority of expectant parents contacting Abrazo these days are seeking to make a family of a childless couple, and most are hoping to find a couple from Texas, to ensure that they can see the child/ren they place throughout the years, across the years.

Our next orientation weekend is in July, so if you know some childless Texans (or childless couples from out of state who are racially-open and have the means to return to Texas for post-adoption visits), send 'em our way, please! Thank you kindly!

• 3 weeks later...

We just mailed in our application today! We sent in our Inquiry almost a year ago and are finally getting ourselves together! We don't have any children yet, and while we don't live in TX, I have lots of family there so we visit fairly often. Texas has been an important part of my childhood, so it has a special place in my heart. Hopefully our application is approved and we can attend the next Orientation. The post office said it should arrive Thursday.

Thanks!

Katie and Matt

Hi Katie and Matt. I can feel the excitement about your decision to apply. I hope it all works out, that Abrazo is a good fit for your family.

In the meantime, feel free to read and post on the forum and gain as much information as possible.

Adoption journeys usually have many peaks and valleys, hang in there! It will all be worth it.

Karen

Welcome to the forum Katie and Matt!

We look forward to following you on your journey to parenthood!!

I agree make yourself at home on the forum and look around, there is LOTS of great information on here!

We just mailed in our application today! We sent in our Inquiry almost a year ago and are finally getting ourselves together! We don't have any children yet, and while we don't live in TX, I have lots of family there so we visit fairly often. Texas has been an important part of my childhood, so it has a special place in my heart. Hopefully our application is approved and we can attend the next Orientation. The post office said it should arrive Thursday.

Thanks!

Katie and Matt

Congrats on taking the plunge! Crossing our fingers for you. :)

Thanks!

Katie and Matt

Very exciting and hope that it works out for you to attend the July orientation!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. We have already had a failed match independently, so we are a little fragile, but still excited to move forward. Of course we were ultimately supportive of her decision, but it was still hard. It feels right to be applying to a Texas agency though, and we hope that it works out. We appreciate all of the support.

Katie

WElcome Katie and Matt - where are you from?

What an exciting time Katie and Matt! Looking forward to your journey!

Matt & Katie - where in Maryland are you? We live in Virginia just outside DC. There's quite a few of us from the DC/MD/VA area. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or want to meet an Abrazo family in person.