NEW PARENTS NEEDED!

Stork Central

It's a nice problem to have, but a problem nonetheless... after a flurry of matches and placements, Abrazo is in need of new adoptive families!!

We have a particular need for childless couples, especially from Texas, and have nearly depleted our supply of families awaiting children of full Hispanic descent.

Abrazo currently has only a half dozen families still "in-waiting", and more than three times as many birthmoms waiting to find the adoptive parents of their dreams, for babies due between now and June!

Please help us spread the word... our next orientation weekend is the first week in April, and interested candidates should call Angela at Abrazo to get the necessary paperwork in place before then! Thanks, all.

Wow, that is a nice problem to have for any prospective adoptive parents.  Oh how I wish we could afford to adopt another child right now.  We are getting baby fever once again, but don't have the financial resources.  We are still paying on a loan (thankfully from a family member) from our last adoption.  Maybe in a few years!  

Jill

I am so excited to hear this!!!!!!  

It has to be fate that this posting happend on the same day that my husband and I decided to start the adoption process!!  We've been investigating/analyzing all our options for over 3 months now and, honestly, just yesterday we decided to put in the paperwork.  I submited our initial application today.

Thanks for this post.  It made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Kim,

You think that made your day.....wait until you get "the call" - then that doesn't even compare with the day you meet your baby - oh my gosh - it's just the best feeling in the entire world times a zillion - you'll be on cloud nine for the rest of your life!

I wish you all the best -

Lisa

• 4 weeks later...

In a word, yes: Abrazo continues to have new birthparents joining our program each week, and they are expressing a particular preference for childless couples-- especially those living in Texas and open to children of full hispanic descent. (Thanks for asking!)

Please call Angela, our family services coordinator, at 210/342-5683; she can let you know what the orientation forecast looks like for April!

Childless couples are always in demand, particularly when open to a beautiful array of little ones of assorted race and gender and age.  

Our orientation weekends are generally held every two months, but registration confirmations are granted in accordance with agency placement resource needs, meaning that different kinds of families may be especially needed for upcoming cases at various times of the year.

This is why completed inquiries and applications must be on file prior to orientation assignment, so that our family services coordinator can best fit each particular weekend to each particular applicant. Get that paperwork in promptly, and count on Angela to work on getting you on board as soon as she can!

Guest Renmark

You don't have to be from Texas.  Abrazo works with couples from all over.  They are just in short supply of Texas couples right now.  You can call Angela at 210/342-5683 for more information.  You can also start the process now by downloading Abrazo's inquiry form from the Adoptive parents portion of this website.  Good luck.

Rena

Hi Maria,

Just wanted to let you know the best way to get information on Abrazo is to contact them at 210-342-5683.  Abrazo also has an online information request form - it's called an Adopting Parent Inquiry Form - that was the 1st thing I did when we began working with Abrazo (we adopted our baby girl Kayleigh last December - she was born 12/5/02...we live in Seattle, WA but she was born in Texas).

If you go to Abrazo's home page (www.abrazo.org) there is a button on the left of your screen that says, "Adopting Parents" and there's quite a bit of info there for those who are just starting out.  That's also where you'll find the Adopting Parent Inquiry form.

Best wishes -

Lisa, Lance, & Kayleigh

Guest LuvOurTexan

I agree with Jill.  We would love to adopt but cannot afford the initial expense.  It would be great if money wasn't a factor in adoption but unfortunately it is.  We have discussed adopting again and hope that God will let us know when the time is right (like He did the first time).

• 3 months later...

Scheduled dates for 2003 orientations can be confirmed with Abrazo's family services coordinator, Angela Martinez, M.S.W. at 210/342-LOVE, but are tentatively set for August, October and December.

At present, Abrazo is working with a new birthmom who is seeking a childless and interracial couple (preferably Texan) with whom to place Anglo-African American twins due this fall (gender unknown.) All interested couples who meet this general description are encouraged to contact Angela at Abrazo for further information and a potentially wonderful set of autumn blessings!  :)

• 1 month later...
Guest tatertots

We have adpoted one beautiful little angel from Abrazo and would like to add another child to our famliy. What would you recommend we do to start the process? Does Abrazo only accept childless couples? What is the best way to discuss this with our first birthmom? Any advice would be great!

• 2 months later...

Hi Veronica,

Don't waste any time.  Call Angela right away!  Abrazo helps couples from all over the country realize their dreams.

Good luck and remember, when you choose to work with Abrazo, it's not IF it's WHEN.

• 1 year later...

It's a new year, and Abrazo is off and running! but with nearly half of our newest orientation group well on their way to matching, we need more families!! Particularly needed are (1) childless couples, (2) Texans, and (3) families for children of full Hispanic or biracial (African American + Hispanic or Anglo) descent!! Our next scheduled orientation is in early March; if you fit the bill, let us hear from you, pronto.

"Operators are standing by to take your call!!..." smile.gif

Mickey and I are a childless couple, and we are willing to adopt a child of full Hispanic descent. smile.gif You should be receiving our application packet either today or tomorrow. Hopefully, you will have room for us at the March orientation! Our fingers are crossed!!!

We are looking so forward to hearing from you when our information is received! Talk to you soon.

Elaine

I agree with Jill.  We would love to adopt but cannot afford the initial expense.  It would be great if money wasn't a factor in adoption but unfortunately it is.  We have discussed adopting again and hope that God will let us know when the time is right (like He did the first time).

478[/snapback]

My husband and I just joined the Forum today. We feel very blessed to be able to be part of such a special group. Thank you for sharing such personal experiences. It's nice to know that there is an abundance of babies. We pray that everyone searching will find "their" match. We can't wait for ours.

Marcelo and Claudia

• 6 months later...

Needed: Hispanic and interracial (Anglo/African-American or African-American/Hispanic) couples for precious little people coming into the world between now and Christmas!! If you fit that description, call 210/342-5683 and let's get you into an upcoming orientation weekend, pronto!

Gosh Elizabeth,

You make me want to do this all over again now. We'll be patient and give little Dante some time alone! I don't think you'll be able to keep us away for too long though.

God Bless those parent's deciding if they will be part of this group!

Claudia