NEW PARENTS NEEDED!

Stork Central

We live on the Eastern Shore, but we are actually in Texas right now. I haven't been able to respond much because my grandmother passed away a couple of days ago, and thankfully I was able to be here with her and with my family. I had a strong connection with her, so it is very difficult, but we are trying to be grateful for the time we have had and just keep moving forward. Now, this is also a good distraction from time to time, and of course we are still hoping to continue with our adoption plans. I am sad that our child won't have been able to meet my grandmother... she was pretty cool.

A local gathering would be great!

We live on the Eastern Shore, but we are actually in Texas right now. I haven't been able to respond much because my grandmother passed away a couple of days ago, and thankfully I was able to be here with her and with my family. I had a strong connection with her, so it is very difficult, but we are trying to be grateful for the time we have had and just keep moving forward. Now, this is also a good distraction from time to time, and of course we are still hoping to continue with our adoption plans. I am sad that our child won't have been able to meet my grandmother... she was pretty cool.

A local gathering would be great!

Katie, welcome, so sorry on the loss of your grandmother. Prayers for comfort going your's and your families way.

Edited by 1st x grandma

Katie,

I am so sorry for your loss. I also had a very special relationship with my grandma who we lost in 2007. I know how hard this time is for you. I know she will be watching out for you as your family grows.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the support. We are getting ourselves back together as time goes on, though I miss her terribly. We are also planning on being back in TX for the July orientation, so that is exciting. We added a few days on to the trip to spend time with Grandpa and family there. It should be really nice. Also taking a mandatory summer trip to Schlitterbahn! One of my favorite places in TX since I was little. So excited.

Katie

I love Schlitterbahn! I am not a big amusement park fan but I love water parks.

I'm looking forward to following y'all's journey to parenthood.

• 4 months later...

Abrazo needs childless couples, especially those from Texas.

We know these words may irk some of our six yet-unmatched PIWs, but every adopting couple has its own preset expectations and qualifications, just as placing parents do.

And when prospective birthparents shuffle through our very small selection of waiting family profiles and don't find what they're looking for, they go looking elsewhere, and we don't want that to happen!

So if you (or your homestudy agency) know childless couples who are well-suited for open adoption and would be a great addition to the Abrazo family, please encourage them to download our Adoptive Parents Inquiry form, available on our website at http://abrazo.org/want-to-adopt/process/ OR have them call Stacy for more information at 210-342-5683.

Pay it forward... share the "gift" of Abrazo with everyone you know!

• Upvote 1

Will spread the word!

• 1 month later...

Hate to sound like a broken record...

but a recent crop of matches has left Abrazo

in need of more adopting couples!

Lately, we've had special requests from expectant parents who are particularly interested in Hispanic couples, as well as childless Texans, so if you know of infertile, traditionally-married couples who would fit Abrazo program requirements and be excellent parents through open adoption, please encourage them to apply!

• Upvote 2

Elizabeth, we will work on it! Mitch andi were so blessed to be matched and with baby in under 4 months. I remember you predicting that at our orientation. So we will definitely spread the word and keep our eyes open! BTW, I LOOOOOVE being a mommy! I thank God we found Abrazo. :)

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Hate to sound like a broken record...

but a recent crop of matches has left Abrazo

in need of more adopting couples!

Lately, we've had special requests from expectant parents who are particularly interested in Hispanic couples, as well as childless Texans, so if you know of infertile, traditionally-married couples who would fit Abrazo program requirements and be excellent parents through open adoption, please encourage them to apply!

DITTO!! Abrazo is blessed to STILL be in need of adoptive families... please help spread the word!

• Upvote 1

Spreading now!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Abrazo friends!

Elizabeth, some of my very oldest and dearest friends are sending in their application in the next couple of days. They don't live in Texas (they are in New Orleans), but they are wonderful and very committed to an open adoption. Keep an eye out!! I'm so excited for them to start this journey with Abrazo!

Awesome, Lindsey! Thank you... we NEED families, so their timing rocks! ;)

I have been e-mailing them all day and they are BEYOND excited! And I am so excited for them. I have goosebumps! Their application is in the mail!!

We got it today!! Hope we can maybe get them into next month's orientation...

• 3 weeks later...

Omigosh you're talking about US! My husband and I are so excited for the orientation in less than 2 weeks!!! New Orleans is just a hop, skip, and a jump from Texas (the border, anyway) and we can't wait to meet y'all. Thank you thank you thank you Lindsey and Elizabeth! :)

Omigosh you're talking about US! My husband and I are so excited for the orientation in less than 2 weeks!!! New Orleans is just a hop, skip, and a jump from Texas (the border, anyway) and we can't wait to meet y'all. Thank you thank you thank you Lindsey and Elizabeth! :)

Welcome!