Daycare

TheHectors

I have a small in home daycare. I was wondering if anyone else has a in home daycare or other home based business?

If so how did you navigate and operate during your adoption process especially during the time of your child's birth and the initial time after you brought him or her home? Any advice or suggestions?

For me, I slowed down all contract work & let everyone know that our adoption could happen any minute. That way no one was surprised about changes ahead. Not sure I answered that well.

Thank you yes that dose help. I have been very open about our plans and I have tried my best to make back up plans to help offset my time away. I'm trying to decide what to do in the days after we are able to come home. I feel like I should close for at least a few days. I think we need the quality bonding time and to find our new normal. Did you take some time off after you first came home?

The adoptive mom of my son ran a very large in home daycare up until they adopted Nicholas. I know that she was very open with the parents. They knew that Nicholas would be born sometime in early June so she was able to give them a heads up that she would be closing once they adopted Nicholas.

I know that this is not an option for some because it happens so quickly but I know that is what Samantha did and she never re-opened after they got home with Nicholas.

Well, ended up being a SAHM ..... Now I do adjunct work at UTSA from time to time.

Your world will change but so so worth it. You'll love being a mom for the first time.

I am not too sure how to navigate the at home business situation but I definitely think you will want some bonding time.

Due to how my husband and my jobs were at the time of Alexander's placement it made more sense for Kevin to stay home with him the 1st 7 weeks. I think that started and sealed the incredible relationship Alexander have.

I was not able to stay home with Alexander till he was 4 months old. I took unpaid leave for 4 months and I loved everyday of it.