A Birth Grandmother's Role

Thank you for all the birthday wishes for my angel girl.. She had a wonderful birthday..

Memories of her journey, birth, are good reminders that blessings are all around us.

Wishing you all a blessed week

• 1 month later...

Thank you Leah!

I'm glad I was able to add to my photo gallery. I was trying to figure out how to post from my phone, since I can't get access to Abrazo website from home computer.. And to borrow my grandbabe's words "I did it!!", have a few from our spring break visit I want to add, just need to sort through them and decide which.

Speaking of which, we had a beautiful and wonderful time a couple of weekends ago with her and her parents. Was a FABULOUS and BLESSED start to my daughter's and my angel girl's spring break.

Even though we had seen them in Dec, she seems to grow like a weed and just keeps getting more beautiful from the outside and inside. She's so lovable, smart, funny and is a blessing to be around, if my heart swells more and more each day for her, I can only imagine how Lala's must be so much more. I love their relationship and enjoy so much their interaction. And I love that she gets to see my mom and my mom sees her, Great-grandma with great-granddaughter is beautiful to watch. We are Truly blessed.

LOVE My Girls!!

Hope all had a blessed Easter

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Your angel girl is growing up so beautifully and I love seeing pictures of her and Lala together. They both just have this sparkle while with one another that you can see in pictures. I love how you worded your heart swelling for her, you are such a beautiful person inside and out. I'm so happy for you all that you were all able to enjoy each other and visit recently.

Many blessings wished for you and your family.

We're so grateful that you all have such a special relationship, because we know a lot of love and a lot of effort has gone into making it work. It fills our hearts with joy for all y'all!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Merae and stork(E), for kind words.

The winner, if I can call it this, is Sloane. It is wonderful to see how loved she is by soo many. God has blessed us so much.

Much love to All of you.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope all moms and grandmoms, had a wonderful Mother's Day..

We certainly did, celebrated my daughter on Saturday (birthmom's day) and on Sunday. For those on my Facebook already know, my oldest was in town, Yay! (the icing on the cake for me) and for Lala and I, the cherry on top was a facetime conversation with my angel girl.

We also had lots of extra family time this year, due to my God-Children receiving their First Holy Communion. Counting my blessings, through and through!!

Summers almost here!! Wishing all of your kiddos a safe and fun filled time.

Sounds like your Mother's Day was a fabulous one. I loved mine. It was low-key. We just stayed in Houston for the day.

I celebrated with Mom this weekend. She came in to Houston and I took her to the cinema, the Omni for a facial and then out to dinner. We had a great time.

Leah x

• 8 months later...

Can't believe my angel girl had her 8th birthday on Friday.. Wow, how is it possible!!  Time seems to continue to pass so quickly. (maybe it just seems that way to me as I get older, haha).. She's  such a beautiful soul, talented, loving, caring, compassionate, intelligent, and so funny.. Love that sweet babe to pieces.. She makes my / our life so much brighter. I thank God every day for her, her family and her Lala. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Spring break here has come and gone... We had, originally,  an exciting trip planned for the week. My daughter was meeting up with us in New York, then mother nature had a good laugh and diverted our well made plans. Luckily we were able to reschedule trip for May.. Fingers crossed!!

On the bright side, it allowed us time with my grandbabe. She decided she loves blizzards, because she was able to see us and spend time together for spring break. I think she conspired with mother nature, in more ways than one. So while those in New York and New England area were freezing and having miserable weather, we spent a beautiful day at the zoo, with lovely weather, much laughter, hugs and fun.  How blessed we are. 

Hoping all who were on spring break had a nice time and recharged the inner batteries. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thank you Monica!

We had a fabulous Easter, my angel girl and her parents joined my family for a wonderful celebration. Was exciting to see my angel girl experience cascarons for the very first time.  My godchildren {niece & nephew} were great at  providing her with insider :lol: tricks.  

Hope all had a wonderful Easter!  School's almost out for the summer,,, are you guys ready?  Haha... love to you all

• 2 months later...

Can't believe, just a couple months ago I posted about summer vacation coming up and now school starting up again is just around the corner....

In my neck of the woods, it seems to be going by fast (guess the older I get the faster days fly by)... Had a wonderful Mother's Day, spent with my daughters and hubs in New York, though this was my second trip there, it certainly beat the first one of just a one day experience (side trip in 2000)....  Also getting reading for my 40th high school reunion at end of month (if that doesn't add to the OLD)... First reunion for me after attending Beer Bust for my 10th... Didn't think I would ever go to one, but we've been having a monthly social, and I've really enjoyed reconnecting with classmates, and even getting to know some that I didn't really know in HS.. So I'm looking forward to having a nice time...    And when August comes around a trip to see my angel girl and her family (before she starts school and 3rd grade), as well as Lala turning the BIG 25...wow...I better stop here, just keeps adding to MY OLDness  :o

Wishing you all fabulous remaining summer days!

• 4 months later...

Wishing each of you a Wonderful Christmas Season!

"And above all,

watch with glittering eyes

the whole world around you,

because the greatest secrets,

are always hidden in the

most unlikely places.

Those who don't believe in

magic, will never find it."

Roald Dahl

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Time just seems to keep flying by.....Can't believe my little 2lb 5oz angel girl has turned 9!!!!  Thank God everyday for the blessings He has bestowed upon  ALL who adore her.

To a brilliant, funny, intelligent, and amazing little girl,

who stole my heart, and calls me Nana.....I love you baby girl  :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

How did I miss this!!

Sloan.....you’re growing up so fast.....

where does the time go!

Hope you had a blessed day!

• 1 year later...

Birthgrandparents, be sure to let us know if you want to be added to Abrazo's secret Facebook group for adoptive grandparents and birthgrandparents! 

• 4 years later...

Can't believe it  has been almost 15 years as part of the Abrazo family. 

For those of you on FB and part of my friends group, you all know how much my beautiful angel girl has grown and what accomplishments my daughter has made.

For all our abrazo friends my daughter and I've made here through the years and not on FB, just an update.

My beautiful daughter just celebrated 15 years as a brain tumor Warrior. She's earned her bachelor and masters degrees. Working hard and  currently @ Abrazo. 

My grandbabe : I absolutely love that we are such an Important part of her and her beautiful family's life. The pandemic put  a huge dent on our visits, but we resumed in July. I missed her hugs, talking to her in person, and just watching her mannerisms, facial expressions.. Well, EVERYTHING about her.  She's very active in sports and quite talented in theater. A freshman in high school, compassionate, independent, funny, sarcastic, and a heart of gold.

Wishing all of you a blessed Holiday season.

The Best for your families and an amazing Open Adoption that benefits our children (for grandparents bio/adop allows us to spoil them ?)and surrounds them with more love, knowing where they come from and how much they are treasured.

Mari