Nursery Notes

Stork Central

Hi I am just curious if the mother of the little girl would be interested in a family that has already adopted an african american child or if she is firm in only wanting african american or interracial parents.

Hi there, just a quick response which doesn't really answer your question but I think you'll probably hear something back on your question quicker if you call Abrazo smile.gif 210-342-5683 and see what they say???

(P.S. Glad to see another new member on the forum!!! Yay!!! Big welcome!!!)

Hi I am just curious if the mother of the little girl would be interested in a family that has already adopted an african american child or if she is firm in only wanting african american or interracial parents.

42134[/snapback]

Folks usually say "well, next time we'd gladly consider that, but this time, what we really want is a newborn."

Somehow, though, once they get their newborn, "next time" usually brings just another request for the same...  sad.gif

41460[/snapback]

While there are some special challenges with adopting an older child I am not sure they are any 'worse' than the challenges you get with a newborn. And boy oh boy do we ever know what those folks are missing!

I jsut found this thread...I guess I need to check on here periodiclly.... 11 and 8 huh?...Instant brother and sisters to grow up with for an only 11 year old...Could I talk my hubby into that? Not sure but I would have thought about it....Hummmm... I know it is too late now....yet I wish those children the best...I can't imagine what it would be like for children that age to have to go through a change like that... As a high school teacher I think I might be able to help those children...As a mom I know I would be able to...Sigh,......

Just this morning I was thinking, as I talked to a friend and her 3-month-old cried in the background, that while the early months are wonderful, they're also exhausting. As a parent to two very active toddlers, I think it might not be too bad to adopt a slightly older child. I've done the newborn thing twice, and getting there as quickly as possible was awesome. But, I'm not quite ready for number 3 and neither are number 1 or 2. Once we are (theoretically) ready, Abigail might be almost 3 and it would be nice for her to be no more than 3 years older than her younger sibling, so a child between 0 and 12 months might be the perfect fit.

Of course, on paper there is still no real way for number 3 to be an option at all, but life is about more than paper, right?

I think each family has to decide what is best for their own family.

I pray that there are families out there ready to give homes to the children who are waiting for them.

Christina

Christina and Stephanie,

I agree! Things seem really impossible at times, but we all know the possibilities are endless and anything can occur with God on our side!

• 2 months later...

Abrazo is blest to have several special cases entrusted to our care for which we need help in finding appropriate families. If you or someone you know might be interested in any of these opportunities, please contact Angela Martinez at 210/342-5683 (Note: completed/current homestudies are required for disclosure of further case detail.)

--------------

The Lord works in mysterious ways. This week, we received an email from a woman in Israel, regarding her family members in Houston, who are struggling to make plans for a baby who was very much wanted, but born with special needs for which they cannot provide; we assured them of our commitment to help, and now we are seeking a very special family for a two-month-old Anglo baby boy with Apert Syndrome. The birthfamily would like him to be with a loving, caring family (with kids or without) who are willing to be open, and if possible, they prefer an adoptive family of Jewish descent. This case is likely to qualify for state adoption subsidy.

--------------

A San Antonio birthmom of Cuban/African-American descent is seeking a wonderful home for her coming child, a baby boy due 8/28/06. The birthfather is Hispanic, and is in agreement with the adoption plan. They would prefer an interracial couple OR an adoptive family with a biracial child.

---------------

Good things come in small pacakages! Abrazo is in need of loving parents for a tiny baby girl, born 7/23/06, at 24 weeks gestation, weighing just 1 lb., 12 oz. She is Hispanic and her birthmother, who is Spanish-speaking, has already relinquished parental rights. Medicaid coverage is pending; termination of birthfather's rights is being sought through the courts since the conception occurred as a result of sexual assault. The baby did have an IVH (gr4) but is holding her own; the hospital would like an adoptive family to be there in the NICU with her providing TLC as soon as possible.

--------------

We are praying for all of these sweet little children and their birthfamilies and hoping that they find their forever families real soon.

I pray God finds the perfect homes for these special babies!!! It hurts my heart to think of so many that are in need of homes. :( May God comfort their birthfamilies as well.

I hope God finds the perfect parents for these little ones!

Heather

May these children be placed into loving homes and receive their happily ever after!!

amanda

I was wondering in what part of Texas this little girl might be?

She's in the Valley. :)

My heart just went out for this little "Valley" baby. I wish, wish, wish we could just adopt all the little ones needing a home. Back to reality Claudia! I hope and pray these little ones find a loving, nurturing, safe home very soon.

Perhaps Owen needs a "little" sister to cherish before he gets that little brother to play with :D

We're on our way to the Valley next weekend but Robert told me "No!". Spoil sport.

We'll keep these BOGs in our prayers as well as their birth and adoptive families (whoever they will be).

Christina

Edited by cgrace

My heart just went out for this little "Valley" baby. I wish, wish, wish we could just adopt all the little ones needing a home. Back to reality Claudia! I hope and pray these little ones find a loving, nurturing, safe home very soon.

Claudia,

I know just how you feel. Everytime I see a Nursery Note, my heart gets tugged.

I am praying that these little ones find their forever homes very soon. I also pray for all the loving birthparents who are making these loving decisions.

Christina,

Do you have family here in the Valley? We live in Edinburg. If you ever need anything... a place to stay just let us know.

Claudia

Claudia,

Yes, we have family there! Our birthmom! We reestablished contact at the end of May and plan to visit her next weekend. It is a verrrrrrrrry long drive (11 hours), but we feel it's worth it. Right now, we're waiting to hear from her to make our final plans. Last year we stayed at the hotel behind Rudy's in Pfarr. (Holiday Inn Express, I think) Don't know where we're staying this year. Birthmom is actually in Donna, but everything seems to run together.

Are there fun (and cool) places to go with lots of kids? We'll have 6 between us.

Last year we went to S. Padre and this year we'll probably visit Robert's cousin in Harlingen, but have made no other specific plans. We mostly hung out at the hotel with our birthmom last year. She hadn't told anyone, so I guess she was afraid to be seen. This year the cat is way out of the bag, so maybe that won't be the same issue. I don't want to spend lots of hours in a hotel with two rambunctious toddlers this year, so was hoping we could find places to go where she'd feel comfortable (Chuck E. Cheese is always an option, I suppose).

It would be great to see you all again, so if you want to PM me your phone and address, we'll see if we can have some time to see you. I'm sure Dante has changed so much since Camp Abrazo 2005! We're going to get into town around late lunch time Friday and then we'll leave Monday morning early to drive the whole way home.

So, thanks for the offer and you might be hearing from us.

Stephanie,

I was mostly kidding, but know that you will listen closely for God's word on this. I can't imagine being better equipped for a NICU baby than to have been through it twice and survived/thrived. We're really not ready for another one at our house, but I so love knowing that children are finding their forever families. And if you're not supposed to bring this one home, perhaps you are meant to stand in the gap until the right family is ready. I don't know if the law would allow you to be involved, if you're not the matched parent, but I believe you absolutely qualified to love this child to full health.

Just my take on a very weighty matter.

Our prayers will continue unabated.

Oh, and Stephanie, I think you're in Edinburg, too. So, if you want to meet some more Abrazo babies, just let me know.

Christina

Edited by cgrace

Stephanie, I know how you feel! There's just something about the thought of that little angel in the NICU all alone that makes me want to rescue her right away! We're not eligible to take such action right now, of course. But having been through the NICU experience, as hard as it was, I would do it again in a heartbeat now that I know the joy of bringing that precious life home. Hopefully someone will feel God's leading very soon.

Christina,

I PM'd you with my home info. Hope you will take us up on our offer.

Stephanie,

Are you already here in Edinburg?! Let me know. We need to get together.

I am with you Stephanie. Those little ones have been in my heart and prayers!

God,

PLEASE send these precious children their forever family and PLEASE help their forever families eyes be opened...let your WILL be crystal clear!!!!!!

Let these children be loved and nurtured not only by wonderful nurses but by the hands of their forever family!!!

Amen

I know I cannot feel rested until these little babes have homes. :(

Heather

Would those of you with agency connections out of state please consider doing us a favor?

Call your homestudy worker this week and tell them about our little trio of angels in need of loving homes. Direct them to the Nursery News (http://abrazo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=36&st=45, post#60). Ask them to call Angela (210/342-5683) if they know of any appropriate, home-studied families that might be available for any of these three situations.

We've made some calls, but we need your help! Because we know the Forum folk can do some amazing things when they put their minds (and hearts) to it! Thanks, y'all! ;)