Nursery Notes

Stork Central

Would those of you with agency connections out of state please consider doing us a favor?

Call your homestudy worker this week and tell them about our little trio of angels in need of loving homes. Direct them to the Nursery News (http://abrazo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=36&st=45, post#60). Ask them to call Angela (210/342-5683) if they know of any appropriate, home-studied families that might be available for any of these three situations.

We've made some calls, but we need your help! Because we know the Forum folk can do some amazing things when they put their minds (and hearts) to it! Thanks, y'all! ;)

I have sent an e-mail to the agency we are working with in TN and will follow up with a phone call.

Is there any further word on organizing the touch care for the McAllen babe? Also, just curious to know how placement works in a situation like hers - is the time the a-family spends with her in the hospital considered part of the 6 (-18) month post-placement or does that not start until she comes home?

Angela is going to be working on the contact visits for the baby, but right now, of course, her priority has been talking with prospective adoptive families and their caseworkers. In answer to your question, whether placement would occur in advance of the hospital discharge depends in part on the baby's progress and the adoptive family's insurance coverage, but given that the post-placement supervisory visits do have to take place in the family home with all family members present, the 6-18 month supervisory period would generally require that the baby be out of the hospital prior to the first quarterly visit.

Would those of you with agency connections out of state please consider doing us a favor?

Call your homestudy worker this week and tell them about our little trio of angels in need of loving homes.

Elizabeth,

I was more than happy to email all of this information to our agency in Michigan. I hope that we will be able to find some families for these precious babies soon. :D

I'll send the info to the agency I work with in LA....and I have forwarded the information to some friends that I have who are waiting it out in Los Angeles...you never know!

I just emailed our social worker too...keeping these little ones and their birthfamilies in our prayers!!

Thanks for all you do, Abrazo!

Susan

Elizabeth,

I let Ellen know about this last week and forgot to tell you. Her office is in the Jewish Social Services building here, so she may have some connections to help on at least one of the cases. Meanwhile, all of them are in my prayers.

Already sent notice to my SW about these cases. I hope these babes find good families fast.

Heather

Already sent notice to my SW about these cases. I hope these babes find good families fast.

Heather

Thanks for asking!

We have had no responses on behalf of the baby with Apert Syndrome, so the birthfamily is seeking help through other resources, as well, in their effort to get this child into a loving home.

The birthmom who is expecting the baby boy due in August has made a wonderful connection with a family who has adopted through Abrazo before, and she has asked to be matched with them.

The preemie in the Valley has had several interested families call to inquire; at present, we are waiting on paperwork and homestudies before setting up calls with the birthmother. Please keep this little girl in your prayers, y'all! She is holding her own, but has a long way to go before any plans will be made to discharge her from the hospital. (Thanks go out to the Abrazomoms who are visiting the baby periodically on the agency's behalf! The hospital reluctantly consented to let a couple of our alum with nursing backgrounds into the nursery for contact visits, so they are playing the role of "fairy godmothers" until this little angel has a family all her own to be there for her.)

Many thanks, also, to each of you who told your social workers, homestudy agencies or other interested parties about our need to find families for these very special cases! God bless you for helping look out for His littlest lambs!

Glad to hear there is some progress. I have been wondering about these little ones.

Heather

That's wonderful news...and I'll keep praying!

Elizabeth,

These babies are in our prayers.... God Bless them....

Linda

Edited by Tonycpa and Linda

• 3 weeks later...

The preemie in the Valley has had several interested families call to inquire; at present, we are waiting on paperwork and homestudies before setting up calls with the birthmother. Please keep this little girl in your prayers, y'all! She is holding her own, but has a long way to go before any plans will be made to discharge her from the hospital. (Thanks go out to the Abrazomoms who are visiting the baby periodically on the agency's behalf! The hospital reluctantly consented to let a couple of our alum with nursing backgrounds into the nursery for contact visits, so they are playing the role of "fairy godmothers" until this little angel has a family all her own to be there for her.)

[/i]

Just stopping by this thread to see if there were any updates on these little angels!

God must be watching over this "jewel"... I'm sure of it! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Today, I thank God for such little angels that can teach us and bring us to places we could NEVER have imagined. May God bless each one with a MIRACLE in his own right.

Edited by MarceloandClaudia

The other day, it came to my mind that esta angelita would be celebrating her two-month birthday ... May God bless and keep you, little one!

Happy Birthday sweet baby girl!

Praying that you grow strong and that you will find your forever family soon.

Keeping this tiny little darling in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there little one, your family is coming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Amen Stephanie! We are thinking good thoughts for both of those tiny little babies. May the angels keep their watch over both of them and keep them safe and sound.

Abrazo's staff recently met an attorney at a conference who is seeking a loving adoptive family for an Anglo baby girl born last week. The intended adoptive couple withdrew from the placement plan upon learning the child has Turner's Syndrome. The mother has already relinquished parental rights; the birthfather is unknown and will be terminated by default. If you have a homestudy completed and would like to be considered for this case, please contact Angela Martinez, MSW at Abrazo this week only: 210/342-5683.

And please, keep this mama and her daughter in your prayers as they wait in hopes of a loving family being found soon. Making an adoption decision is hard enough without the added stress of not knowing where your baby will be going!

Good things come in small pacakages! Abrazo is in need of loving parents for a tiny baby girl, born 7/23/06, at 24 weeks gestation, weighing just 1 lb., 12 oz.

Three months ago, a baby (not even due yet) was born early, to a frightened teen from another country; she was alone and scared and didn't know where to turn. A kindly hospital social worker referred her to Abrazo, who turned to the adoption community for help in finding just the right family for her preemie, who weighed barely a pound and whose very survival was still in question. Prayers were requested on behalf of this child and her newborn, as agency staff searched the nation for just the right family for this itsy bitsy miracle.

In the meantime, another member of the Abrazo family (one of our moms in that region who had a nursing degree) graciously volunteered to visit the baby regularly in the NICU on the agency's behalf, to provide the hugs and human contact that are so crucial to preemie survival.

God used her nurturing skills, your prayers, our casework and the hospital's expertise to grow this little girl while He readied a young Wisconsin couple, who'd previously suffered 8 miscarriages, for adoption... and today, we are overjoyed to announce the placement of this tiniest of angels (now over 6 lbs!) with the sweetest of parents.

We thank each of you for the special part you've played in making this happen, and we ask God's blessing on our newest family, and on the young mother who made it all possible. Vaya con Dios, mija!

What blessed news ... bendiciones, preciosa angelita and your beautiful new family!