Nursery Notes

Stork Central

Beth, Brianna and Michael postponed their honeymoon, so she is back to work this week.

-------------

I feel a need to share a concern regarding the preceding Nursery Note...

The agency seeking a home for this child is a church-related agency, but their email does ask referring agencies to "submit a statement from your agency giving the fee the family is prepared to pay. Exclude the fees paid to your agency already, etc. (Our agency) needs to know the NET fee that will be paid to (our agency)." And their website states that adoptive parents' "personal wealth and income" is a deciding factor in their fee assessments.

This makes us a bit squeamish, because we loathe the idea of anyone entering into a "bidding war" over a baby, along with all the other candidates they may be considering? However, we are sharing their appeal as requested and trust that God will ultimately work out all the details.

• 3 months later...

We are in desperate need of homestudied, childless couples living outside San Antonio who would be interested in the possible placement of an African-American baby boy due next month! His mama is an articulate, conscientious parent who is very invested in an open adoption and wants him to be the family's firstborn, so he gets ALL the attention! but she'd prefer that the adoptive family not live in her proverbial backyard. If you know of homestudy-ready couples who wish to be considered, please have them forward a copy of their profile and their homestudy to Abrazo A.S.A.P!!!

Too bad it's childless...:( ah well. I might know of someone though -why do they have to live in Texas?

She was hoping for a Texas couple because she doubts an out-of-state couple will faithfully return to Texas for visits, and she truly wants that kind of openness as her child grows, so he and his brother can have a continuing connection throughout their lives. When I spoke with her today, though, she said she is getting scared that there may not be a family in place before the baby gets here, so she may be open to out-of-state couples if they are truly committed to open adoption.

She was hoping for a Texas couple because she doubts an out-of-state couple will faithfully return to Texas for visits, and she truly wants that kind of openness as her child grows, so he and his brother can have a continuing connection throughout their lives. When I spoke with her today, though, she said she is getting scared that there may not be a family in place before the baby gets here, so she may be open to out-of-state couples if they are truly committed to open adoption.

Ok I will contact them and let them know, see if they are ready yet. I do however know of a family that has a child already (3 yrs old) that might also be interested if she relaxation her stance on childless at all. They live in state.

P.s.just reread my post. It wasn't supposed to be why do they have to live ib Texas...just do they have to live in Texas. I know why they would prefer that. Lol. I hate touchscreen and fat fingers.

Edited by Runyan2002

I know of a couple who have no kids together. His older teenage children live with their mother. Do you think that might be of interest to her? If so I will let them know ASAP.

Edited by wen+jas

I'm sure it would, Wendy... her concern is just that she wants her baby-- and their baby-- to be the center of their universe, which is as it should be. :wub:

Hmmm...we've been thinking about #2 a lot lately. :) We're outside of SA, homestudied, and could get our profile out ASAP, would be up for future visits to TX because 1) we LOVE TX and 2) we just went to Corpus in May to visit Jaida's birthparents!, but not childless (thanks to Abrazo in Sept. 2009!) Hmm...bummer.

I'm sure it would, Wendy... her concern is just that she wants her baby-- and their baby-- to be the center of their universe, which is as it should be. :wub:

We are waiting to receive profiles (of homestudied couples) so we can show this mom that there are families ready to match with her, who will dearly love her baby, as well.

We live in NC but visit SA twice a year for birth family visits! I wish she was looking for a family with a house full of kids:) We just had our home study update done last week:)

• 6 months later...

A 41-year-old NJ birthmom is seeking an adoptive family in her region of the country for her already-born baby boy, who is full-Anglo and has Down Syndrome. He was born nearly 2 weeks ago, and his birthmom does want an adoptive home that is comfortable with visits (approximately 3 per year.) If that's you or someone you know, please contact Brianna and she'll gladly connect you with the PA agency that's handling the placement.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

Abrazo is currently seeking homestudied families (preferably within Abrazo's community) for a trio of biracial (part African-American) cases due between now and the end of the year. (One of these expectant mothers wishes to only consider Texas couples.) Please contact Brianna for further information.

Abrazo is currently seeking homestudied families (preferably within Abrazo's community) for a trio of biracial (part African-American) cases due between now and the end of the year. (One of these expectant mothers wishes to only consider Texas couples.) Please contact Brianna for further information.

I will pray these little ones will find their forever home, and that their moms will find great matches. We are not in any position to adopt again right now, but boy, how I wish we were!

May the whisper into the right ears at the right time for.those waiting.

The bird whispered to us & we listened...and were blessed with our son.

Amy

Posts like these always make me get butterflies. Wondering whose families these little miracles will soon become a part of. Prayers for everyone who might be considering adding to their families, and especially for the expectant mothers who deserve options and choices.

May these 3 find beautiful homes soon. Praying for a forever family!!!

Prayers for hearts and homes to open wide

• 9 months later...

Very Special Request... Abrazo is in need of a qualified (and home-studied) couple for an African-American baby boy due this month; the prospective birthparents wish to only consider couples in San Antonio! Please contact Abrazo if you or some San Antonians you know could fit their request, and do some lifelong bonding in a matter of weeks, as the birth couple would very much like a very open adoption. Thank you!

How soon can we adopt again??? We would love to give Jordyn a baby brother or sister!! Is this even a possibility?

• Upvote 1