In Memoriam

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sanantonio/obituary.aspx?n=jose-ruiz&pid=167081316&fhid=8900#fbLoggedOut

Even if it wasn't by name, It saddens me that his son was not included as one of his surviors left behind by his family. :( I guess because my grandbaby is such a big part of our life even though she was entrusted.

Wonder if he ever told his family about the baby?

Abrazo was in touch with Jose's mom this evening. She is very proud of Jose's decision to place when he and his then-girlfriend did, and she hopes to hear from her birthgrandson's adoptive parents soon. We relayed assurance that her family is in our community's prayers in this time of great loss and she expressed her appreciation.

• Upvote 1

Wonder if he ever told his family about the baby?

This had crossed my mind and made me wonder, also about them knowing about his child and with him gone if they would want to know the babe and his parents since he is a link to their son.

And seeing your second post, I hope they are able to build a wonderful relationship with their grandchild and his parents, especially since now it will be Jose’s family to fill his birth-son in on who his first father was. Keeping them all in my prayers.

• 6 months later...

62bc26ac-d72c-480a-87bd-b14d7c88a7fe.jpg

My heart is so heavy as I type the words I dreaded to hear for so long... but our dear friend and beloved attorney Robert Estrada passed away today.

Bob had represented Abrazo and its clients for more than a decade. A "local boy done good," Bob was well-respected at the Bexar County Courthouse and much-loved by the AbrazoChicks over the years.

He was a highly-skilled lawyer who took great pride in Abrazo's placements and who enjoyed very much the adoptive families and children he met at our finalizations.

In his free time, he enjoyed bicycling, tropical fish and collecting motorcycles.

He is survived by his beloved wife Barbara Estrada, his children and grandchildren and his faithful paralegal Monika Haeglin.

May he rest in peace and in the certainty that his efforts truly did make the world a better place!

• Upvote 2

Wow how very sad! He was a blessing to our family.

We are so sorry to hear this. Bob was there for Bella and Gabby's finalization also and was always so friendly. We are thinking and praying for his family and friends.

Prayers for his family. He was a very nice person. I remember meeting him at our orientation.

I know he was a part of the Abrazo family for many years and will be missed. Thinking of you all too.

This is so sad. Bob was our attorney for Joseph's finalization and he was wonderful. Prayers for all of his family and friends who will surely miss him dearly.

Prayers for Bob and his family. He has touched some many of our lives.

Bob was so kind to us when we worked with him concerning Alexander's finalization. Prayers for him and his family.

Bob was such a kind man and we were blessed to have him at both of our children's finalizations. You could instantly tell how much he enjoyed meeting the families and giving each little one their adoption decree.

There is a lovely tribute to him on porterloring.com that I cannot provide a link to from my phone. It includes information about the memorial service on Friday and where donations can be made in Bob's memory.

Praying for peace and healing for all who loved him.

Thank for you mentioning the obituary, Nicole... it's at http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sanantonio/obituary.aspx?n=robert-estrada&pid=170678479&fhid=7331.

Please do add a favorite photo of Bob from your finalization to the gallery on Legacy, if you're so inclined! We know Bob's wife Barbara and the rest of the family would enjoy seeing those pictures of him with Abrazo's clients!

He so enjoyed being part of your adoption stories (especially the happy parts!) :wub: