To New BirthGrandparents

Well, the birthmom arranged for her parents to meet the adoptive couple she'd chosen; her dad ended up taking them out for supper; and this morning, he assured his daughter that she is making the right choice, because he now knows firsthand that his grandbaby is going to be in good hands.  :)

39953[/snapback]

What a great ending (or beginning) to their story ... My daughter's biological grandparents were and continue to be a tremendous source of support both to their daughter (Isabel's birthmom) and to us. They are very special people! :)

I thank God that Maya's Birth grandmother stays in touch and wants to be a part of our lives!!! I often suggest that she goes online to the forum but I am not sure that she had tried it yet. Our relationship is growing!! Yea!

Kathy

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a sweet story I just heard from one of our staff members who just got off the phone with a birthmom who's in the hospital, having recently delivered... she's been solid on the idea of adoption being the right plan for her baby's future, but when her dad came by the hospital to see his new grandson, he told her the baby was so beautiful, he just didn't see any way they could still go through with this.

Well, the birthmom arranged for her parents to meet the adoptive couple she'd chosen; her dad ended up taking them out for supper; and this morning, he assured his daughter that she is making the right choice, because he now knows firsthand that his grandbaby is going to be in good hands. :)

Wow, I have tears running down my face. I can't believe I didn't see this message sooner, Elizabeth. It brings all those wonderful memories rushing back. We are soooooo blessed not only to have the most beautiful baby boy in the world, but we also have the most wonderful birthmom, birthgrandfather and birthgrandmother, too!

It was such a joy to be able to go out with Jonas' birthgrandfather that night. In fact, he and Anita (the birthgrandmother) took us out multiple times while we were in Texas. They are both such wonderful people and we just love them to death. My phone calls with Anita are still one of the highlights of my week.

It was impossible for me to understand how wonderful open adoption is until I experience it firsthand. Now, I tell everyone who will listen about our incredible adoption experience....and our wonderful birthfamily....and the amazing ladies of Abrazo Adoption Associates.

Here's a sweet story I just heard from one of our staff members who just got off the phone with a birthmom who's in the hospital, having recently delivered... she's been solid on the idea of adoption being the right plan for her baby's future, but when her dad came by the hospital to see his new grandson, he told her the baby was so beautiful, he just didn't see any way they could still go through with this.

Well, the birthmom arranged for her parents to meet the adoptive couple she'd chosen; her dad ended up taking them out for supper; and this morning, he assured his daughter that she is making the right choice, because he now knows firsthand that his grandbaby is going to be in good hands. :)

What a tearjerker!!!! Thanks for sharing this story!