SUPPORTING ABRAZO THROUGH DONATIONS & CONTRIBUTIONS
Abrazo depends upon the kindness of its donors, which means that when you donate to Abrazo, it enables our agency to accomplish acts of charity far beyond our own means. This is done most often through tax-deductible contributions made to Abrazo, to its scholarship funds and to its Angel Account, but also through donations of good and services, as well.
The Angel Account is a charitable fund administered by Abrazo’s Board of Directors, which provides limited financial assistance in cases of unexpected or extraordinary need within our adoption community.
In the past, those who donate to Abrazo have
* enabled needy birthparents to attend GED classes;
* helped soften the blow of financial loss in the wake of disrupted adoption plans;
* assisted with burial costs in cases of fetal demise;
* offered assistance to Abrazo families affected by hurricanes and natural disasters;
* sponsored Mother’s Day mailings and our biannual Homecoming event in honor of our loving birthmoms;
* subsidized unanticipated medical and equipment costs for families with special needs kids;
* powered Santa’s sleigh for the forwarding of donated Christmas stockings to indigent families;
* sent parents of special needs kids out on much-needed dinner dates;
* provided filled goody-bags for birthfamilies and adoptive families attending agency reunions;
* sponsored an in-office wedding for a birthmom and a birthdad who was about to deploy;
* offset unexpected legal expenses in contested cases;
* subsidized Camp Abrazo costs for disadvantaged attendees;
* enabled adoptions of hard-to-place children;
and done so much more—- acts of kindness all made possible solely through the generosity of our donors.
Every summer, Abrazo’s loyal alumni and their families help sponsor and support a raffle at Camp Abrazo, the proceeds of which are split between the Abrazo Angel Account, the Abrazo/Mitchard Birthmother Scholarship fund, and the Abrazo/Wilkins AbrazoKid Scholarship fund, being established to assist deserving Abrazo children (adoptees and birthsiblings) with the costs of attending a state school.
We are deeply grateful for the contributions we receive and the love with which they are given. These gifts make a tremendous difference in the lives of so many, within and even beyond our greater Abrazo family. (And truly– we couldn’t do it without you! We know that.)
How to help
Want to give to a worthy cause? Please visit Network For Good to make a tax-deductible contribution to the Angel Account, or or mail a check directly to donate to Abrazo, or click below: